Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 101 to 116 of 116
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Haha your too much man, you want to compare a filled drag motor that isnt even in a real car to these gtr street cars lol. Show me one STREET bmw making anywhere near 1600whp? Plenty of Nissan 4 and 6 cylinder motors make more than that S85 in drag cars. Oh and here is a video of AMS making more than that S85 in a real STREET car



    Like I said if there is sooo much potential in your precious S65 where are the cars that can drive four hours to the track run 8.61@170 and drive back another 4 hours?



    The M3 is cheaper, has been out longer, is also dct, has a bigger motor, has sold in higher numbers and weighs less. So why cant one of these turds get in the 9's even? Then as if to prove my point you post a video of a modded M3 that runs 4 seconds slower than the stock GTR record LOL. I am hoping to get on your $#@! list so that maybe if you ever come out east we can run it.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,414
    Rep Points
    32,100.6
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Haha your too much man, you want to compare a filled drag motor that isnt even in a real car to these gtr street cars lol. Show me one STREET bmw making anywhere near 1600whp? Plenty of Nissan 4 and 6 cylinder motors make more than that S85 in drag cars. Oh and here is a video of AMS making more than that S85 in a real STREET car
    So you want to argue against physics? Higher revving larger displacement motors with greater volumetric efficiency will ALWAYS win in power potential. There's nothing you can do to change it.

    It isn't my fault guys aren't doing twin turbo S85's in street cars it isn't cheap. But it will always be capable of more power than that Nissan V6, period.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Like I said if there is sooo much potential in your precious S65 where are the cars that can drive four hours to the track run 8.61@170 and drive back another 4 hours?
    Who is modding the S65 to high levels? You have me and... who? Fact is the S65 is a better motor with more potential. Why don't you wait and see what the turbos do? It's harder to extract the power out of it because it doesn't come with turbos from the factory.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    The M3 is cheaper, has been out longer, is also dct, has a bigger motor, has sold in higher numbers and weighs less. So why cant one of these turds get in the 9's even? Then as if to prove my point you post a video of a modded M3 that runs 4 seconds slower than the stock GTR record LOL. I am hoping to get on your $#@! list so that maybe if you ever come out east we can run it.
    Most people don't buy the M3 to mod for forced induction actually the GTR is cheaper in this regard because it already has forced induction so there goes your theory. The new M3 will be in the 9's shortly, relax. You can take your pick from E36's that will smack around 99.9% of GTR's in the mean time.

    Why would you have to be on my $#@! list? We can just run relax it doesn't have to be some grudge match.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So you want to argue against physics? Higher revving larger displacement motors with greater volumetric efficiency will ALWAYS win in power potential. There's nothing you can do to change it.

    It isn't my fault guys aren't doing twin turbo S85's in street cars it isn't cheap. But it will always be capable of more power than that Nissan V6, period.



    Who is modding the S65 to high levels? You have me and... who? Fact is the S65 is a better motor with more potential. Why don't you wait and see what the turbos do? It's harder to extract the power out of it because it doesn't come with turbos from the factory.



    Most people don't buy the M3 to mod for forced induction actually the GTR is cheaper in this regard because it already has forced induction so there goes your theory. The new M3 will be in the 9's shortly, relax. You can take your pick from E36's that will smack around 99.9% of GTR's in the mean time.

    Why would you have to be on my $#@! list? We can just run relax it doesn't have to be some grudge match.
    Don't want to troll but that statement is hilarious and shows a general lack of understanding of cars... And the new M3 will be turbo'd? LOL.... Sticky, sticky, sticky... sometimes this site is better than e90 for the humor.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So you want to argue against physics? Higher revving larger displacement motors with greater volumetric efficiency will ALWAYS win in power potential. There's nothing you can do to change it.

    if we are in a class room having a theortical discussion sure the larger engine should win but in the real world things like block and head design plus component strengths matter. Simply put the VR in the nissan is overbuilt. People have made 1500whp on the stock block with just rods and pistons and even using oem head and main bolts and oem head gasket. People have made 1200+whp on a 100% stock untouched head. That S85 unfortunately was built with NA in mind and so was your S65. And they slap around any NA nissan motor BUT because bmw never intended them to deal with boost let alone high boost you have issues with the blocks being designed to be light and therefore you have thin walls, poor head seal etc with big power. So while if i designed a larger displacement boosted motor it would likely be superior what you fail to consider is design and purpose of the motor goes along way into power potential. Hell you were on here a little while back talking about the weakness of the S65 block and how you had investigated getting a billet block because of it.
    It isn't my fault guys aren't doing twin turbo S85's in street cars it isn't cheap. But it will always be capable of more power than that Nissan V6, period.



    Who is modding the S65 to high levels? You have me and... who? Fact is the S65 is a better motor with more potential. Why don't you wait and see what the turbos do? It's harder to extract the power out of it because it doesn't come with turbos from the factory.

    Again why dont you think anyone is modding them to a "high level"? Because as you have so aptly shown in these last three years they are more trouble than its worth. Not to mention and without sounding like an ass but 800whp simply isnt a high level anymore

    Most people don't buy the M3 to mod for forced induction actually the GTR is cheaper in this regard because it already has forced induction so there goes your theory. The new M3 will be in the 9's shortly, relax. You can take your pick from E36's that will smack around 99.9% of GTR's in the mean time.
    Most people dont buy the M3 for forced induction because its not worth it. And i call bull$#@! on the fact that because the gtr is boosted from the factory it makes it easier to hit max power potential. To make max power on a gtr you get rid of literally every piece of the stock turbo system. If there are any of those E36's around ATL that you claim will smoke most gtr's id love to set up something.
    Why would you have to be on my $#@! list? We can just run relax it doesn't have to be some grudge match.
    True thatI would love to run that M3 of yours but be forewarned my GTR build will make my RB build look weak lol.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    88.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    At the end of the Day like I stated the BMW is a Awesome car (V8 Block - TT). But Anyone can make Power out of a bigger block nothing special. BMW can't fcuk with Godzilla plain n simple, end of discussion.

    Get your Modded M5 or M6 and Race it against a Modded GT-R and see who is the Winner 8/10 times........

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    0.7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by warpeacelove Click here to enlarge
    At the end of the Day like I stated the BMW is a Awesome car (V8 Block - TT). But Anyone can make Power out of a bigger block nothing special. BMW can't fcuk with Godzilla plain n simple, end of discussion.

    Get your Modded M5 or M6 and Race it against a Modded GT-R and see who is the Winner 8/10 times........
    A BMW will lose seconds with shifting(the GTR dont) when racing a GTR,so this is comparing apples with oranges to me.

    The GTR is a much better performance car at the moment,plain and simple!

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    0.7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Double.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,414
    Rep Points
    32,100.6
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Don't want to troll but that statement is hilarious and shows a general lack of understanding of cars... And the new M3 will be turbo'd? LOL.... Sticky, sticky, sticky... sometimes this site is better than e90 for the humor.
    It's hilarious is it? Ok I'll remind you of this. That will be hilarious.

    Yes, the new M3 will be turbo'd from the factory. Doesn't mean it will surpass the S65 or S54.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,414
    Rep Points
    32,100.6
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by warpeacelove Click here to enlarge
    BMW can't fcuk with Godzilla plain n simple, end of discussion.
    A stock one just did.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's hilarious is it? Ok I'll remind you of this. That will be hilarious.

    Yes, the new M3 will be turbo'd from the factory. Doesn't mean it will surpass the S65 or S54.
    Obviously, everyone knows that.... I was alluding to some back and forth within your own statements and googly eyes when it comes to the S65. And no, none of those engines will run 9's because they are not in chassis that can support that type of performance. Neither will the new M3 and that is what makes comparing any DD BMW to a GTR at least in terms of performance an absolute joke and you know that.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,414
    Rep Points
    32,100.6
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Obviously, everyone knows that.... I was alluding to some back and forth within your own statements and googly eyes when it comes to the S65. And no, none of those engines will run 9's because they are not in chassis that can support that type of performance. Neither will the new M3 and that is what makes comparing any DD BMW to a GTR at least in terms of performance an absolute joke and you know that.
    What googly eyes it's not hard to see an 8500 rpm 4.0 liter V8 has more potential than a small six cylinder like the new M3 will have.

    They aren't in a chassis that can support that kind of performance? LOL, ok, if you say so. I'll remind you.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Here you go sticky, for you who loves to talk about power potential let me know a street capable bmw on 18" wheels will do this:

    Click here to enlarge

    Oh and btw their best 60' is 1.35 and they have more boost left in it so a 7 second street GTR is just on the horizon. 2.74 60-130 @3850lbs!

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    0.7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Here you go sticky, for you who loves to talk about power potential let me know a street capable bmw on 18" wheels will do this:

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...66108000-1.jpg

    Oh and btw their best 60' is 1.35 and they have more boost left in it so a 7 second street GTR is just on the horizon. 2.74 60-130 @3850lbs!
    WOW.
    There will be no M3 that will beat that,atleast not in the comming 5 years.
    Do you have a build thread of this GT-R?

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikecoupe Click here to enlarge
    WOW.
    There will be no M3 that will beat that,atleast not in the comming 5 years.
    Do you have a build thread of this GT-R?
    Its the AMS alpha omega gtr so plenty of info out there on it. Btw they ran a 8.25@185 the next pass and were getting ready to run again when a tranformer blew at the track preventing them from making another pass. They have 60' over a tenth better than they did on these two passes so the car has probably 8.0X's or better in it.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Omega ran in the 7's today first pass of the trailer! 7.98@186 @Sticky you let me know when a 3800lb street bmw on 18" wheels does this. Power potential LOL GTR TTFMF!!

    Click here to enlarge

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Omg Click here to enlarge badass!
    Click here to enlarge

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •