Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Auto transmission upgrade 335ci

Found a clean 335ci, 2008 model, got 9000 miles on the clock. Are there any automatic transmission upgrades? Does the TCU / ECU go into protection mode if it senses the extra torque? I would like to modify the engine but wonder what the tranny would do.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...pgrade-options

This thread was literally one below yours...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trufus Click here to enlarge
    This thread was literally one below yours...
    Let's not bother with things like reading, comprehending, or even checking to see what topic are being discussed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Let's not bother with things like reading, comprehending, or even checking to see what topic are being discussed.
    sticky, understanding /comprehending are out of your capacity, as you could not understand and comprehend your own m3, its sitting for the last 3 years. If you were a little clever it would have worked and running now. dont talk about IQ/brain/comprehending. You are one of............ moderators ı ve seen.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This thread sucks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    sticky, understanding /comprehending are out of your capacity, as you could not understand and comprehend your own m3, its sitting for the last 3 years. If you were a little clever it would have worked and running now. dont talk about IQ/brain/comprehending. You are one of............ moderators ı ve seen.
    I already said I wish we could have Mert building my car as it would be done in record time. I mean so what if it would have parts from other people's cars and parts paid for by people expecting to get a product listed for sale in return that they never will but the point ultimately is we would be blessed to have your greatness involved.

Respect Mert, respect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Found a clean 335ci, 2008 model, got 9000 miles on the clock. Are there any automatic transmission upgrades? Does the TCU / ECU go into protection mode if it senses the extra torque? I would like to modify the engine but wonder what the tranny would do.
    First, consider getting a 2008. With the upgraded navigation and a few other tweaks, you may find yourself wishing you had down the road but pretty much pointless to retrofit.

There currently aren't any real automatic transmission upgrades, only a Supposed TCU flash file from Alpina that appears to provide a crisper shift, but no details on if it makes it stronger or resilient to extra torque. Yes, the transmission has a limp mode as well.