Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    I have to get dyno feedback before pursuing this further-yes, they car "feels" great, but the process was so utterly brutal to engineer that I want numbers before pursuing replication. had to remove front end,intercooler, loosen and raise engine,and I'm not sure how doable any of this is with the trans in place. Major surgery and a lot of little clearancing mods. It took me almost 3 days with trans out,granted that's with welding...but I want to see actual gains before deciding any further on the matter. Making a production part is a major undertaking and investment, so we will start with dynos, see if it's worthy per investment and take it from there.
    Understood, but just in case you like the numbers and want to go ahead and continue would you want pics of my "IS"?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have to get dyno feedback before pursuing this further-yes, they car "feels" great, but the process was so utterly brutal to engineer that I want numbers before pursuing replication. had to remove front end,intercooler, loosen and raise engine,and I'm not sure how doable any of this is with the trans in place. Major surgery and a lot of little clearancing mods. It took me almost 3 days with trans out,granted that's with welding...but I want to see actual gains before deciding any further on the matter. Making a production part is a major undertaking and investment, so we will start with dynos, see if it's worthy per investment and take it from there.
    That's a pretty stand up move. It's not common for a vendor to refuse to sell a product until they know it will provide substantial gainsClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlarge Sounds good, keep us updated
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    That's a pretty stand up move. It's not common for a vendor to refuse to sell a product until they know it will provide substantial gainsClick here to enlarge
    +1. A very sound approach!

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Building a rock solid brand overrules immediate profits in my eyes. Thanks for understanding-Although I do this for a living, It's about more than just money. Anything that bears my name is considered a direct representation of myself, and it's treated as suchClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Building a rock solid brand overrules immediate profits in my eyes. Thanks for understanding-Although I do this for a living, It's about more than just money. Anything that bears my name is considered a direct representation of myself, and it's treated as suchClick here to enlarge
    that is why I will by a product from you with our hesitation. I had my inlet pipes off when doing my RB install....I will get these and do a DIY lol!
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If only all vendors thought this way. +repped
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    that is why I will by a product from you with our hesitation.
    Click here to enlarge rick does it right...
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Would rep if I could. Rick, people need to run their businesses like you.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge
    Would rep if I could. Rick, people need to run their businesses like you.
    Don't get me wrong-It's FAR from easy to operate this way, things don't happen as fast as I'd like at times-BUT there's a trend in this country of outsourcing and businesses focusing primarily on screwing anyone out of their last buck. The current economic and social behavior en masse supports this system, in fact it makes it difficult to operate otherwise...It's a frustrating climate, but if not anything else I am an incredibly idealistic and stubborn person-I've never once set foot in a Walmart,I never will, If it's not produced in a handful of acceptable countries, I won't buy it, and that applies to everything. If not anything else, I look at what I'm doing as an "experiment" to see if one can truly succeed in this country in current times starting with nothing and not compromising their core ideals. I guess we'll see if that still works...it used to...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Don't get me wrong-It's FAR from easy to operate this way, things don't happen as fast as I'd like at times-BUT there's a trend in this country of outsourcing and businesses focusing primarily on screwing anyone out of their last buck. The current economic and social behavior en masse supports this system, in fact it makes it difficult to operate otherwise...It's a frustrating climate, but if not anything else I am an incredibly idealistic and stubborn person-I've never once set foot in a Walmart,I never will, If it's not produced in a handful of acceptable countries, I won't buy it, and that applies to everything. If not anything else, I look at what I'm doing as an "experiment" to see if one can truly succeed in this country in current times starting with nothing and not compromising their core ideals. I guess we'll see if that still works...it used to...Click here to enlarge
    Call me an optimist, but I think you're on the leading edge of a trend. Outsourcing is coming home to roost, it simply isn't sustainable in it's current form; local, talented artisans are coming in high demand in small yet lucrative pockets of the market. Head down, eyes up. I'll be putting in a diff lockdown soon, and if the logistics are possible (and you were interested), I'd consider bringing my car on a weekend to prototype those intakes.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys.
    Here are two logs taken today at 80 Deg Farenheit,
    They are on bone stock Stg 3 Procede maps (9/10/12)
    Keep in mind the 7" ETS FMIC may alter the WGDC numbers, so when comparing it should be with a comparable setup as mine Click here to enlarge
    Also note that my Fueling is maxing out in tip-in and I'm overboosting.
    I will make changes to the Stg 3 map to get rid of the fueling issues then address the overboost. I wanted to take some logs on stock maps though for best-possible comparison (and armchair analysis.)
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Files Attached Files
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Gendarms. Here is stg3 set to 100% boost (~19PSI) & 100 OL Fueling, OL table itself was 'turned up to 11'.

As you can see WGDC stays under 80 until upper RPMs. Is this better than normal? I have no idea.

I think the WGDC table itself needs to be adjusted to take full advantage of the pipes, but I am no tuner.

Do the inlet pipes help or are they useless?
    Will I blow up the turbos before throwing it on a dyno?
    Stay tuned for expert analysis...

Edit: Added the map for any brave souls who wish to attempt the same thing; please post up your logs with the following channels

Unit Name=CAN DBW Throttle
    Unit Name=CAN Actual AFR Bank 1
    Unit Name=CAN Fuel Trim Bank 1
    Unit Name=CAN Fuel Trim Bank 2
    Unit Name=CAN Actual Ign Adv
    Unit Name=Inlet Air Temp
    Unit Name=Throttle
    Unit Name=Boost Control DC
    Unit Name=Boost Control Set Point
    Unit Name=Knock Retard
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by uniter; 04-17-2013 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Added the map
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Gendarms. Here is stg3 set to 100% boost (~19PSI) & 100 OL Fueling, OL table itself was 'turned up to 11'.

As you can see WGDC stays under 80 until upper RPMs. Is this better than normal? I have no idea.

I think the WGDC table itself needs to be adjusted to take full advantage of the pipes, but I am no tuner.

Do the inlet pipes help or are they useless?
    Will I blow up the turbos before throwing it on a dyno?
    Stay tuned for expert analysis...

Edit: Added the map for any brave souls who wish to attempt the same thing; please post up your logs with the following channels

Unit Name=CAN DBW Throttle
    Unit Name=CAN Actual AFR Bank 1
    Unit Name=CAN Fuel Trim Bank 1
    Unit Name=CAN Fuel Trim Bank 2
    Unit Name=CAN Actual Ign Adv
    Unit Name=Inlet Air Temp
    Unit Name=Throttle
    Unit Name=Boost Control DC
    Unit Name=Boost Control Set Point
    Unit Name=Knock Retard
    you guys are puttin in some work eh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL Well Rick hasn't touched this map, it's all my ineptitude. He may be glancing it at it tomorrow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The only way you can tell is back to back stock then upgraded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Flinchy: that's not gonna happen Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Very interested in this, can't wait for more information to be shared from a vendor who is going through great lengths in testing this product out, repped.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    @Flinchy : that's not gonna happen Click here to enlarge
    Cant tell real gains then Click here to enlarge

oh well haha

are there any pics of them?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Only the ones in the thread... Not anywhere near 'production ready' in either case. Next car will have real pre/post analysis for you to oogle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Anxiously awaiting more information. Hope these work and go into production.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OP PM me if you are interested in another tester , I could have these in without any hassle... but I would need them in 2ish weeks which I doubt is possible
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    OP PM me if you are interested in another tester , I could have these in without any hassle... but I would need them in 2ish weeks which I doubt is possible
    LOL, if you can come out for the install i'm sure something can be arranged.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast