Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Pipes work. Dialing in the insane amount of boost on the stockers now.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Interesting... very interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

That's great. Still very interested in determining whether/how it could be modified to work on my 1M and the "is" models -- especially if it could be done in time for a new tune before this year's One Lap of America (May 3-10).

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MDORPHN Click here to enlarge
    That's great. Still very interested in determining whether/how it could be modified to work on my 1M and the "is" models -- especially if it could be done in time for a new tune before this year's One Lap of America (May 3-10).

Neil
    The next set would have to be someone local to Rick. Hopefully we can get some good before/after dynos #s from the next set Click here to enlarge

@Sticky: nothing too exotic, keeping it under 20 PSI and seeing how it looks.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The next set would have to be someone local to Rick. Hopefully we can get some good before/after dynos #s from the next set Click here to enlarge

@Sticky : nothing too exotic, keeping it under 20 PSI and seeing how it looks.
    If you happen to have any before and after WGDC logs that would be great
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

@rader1 I don't have pre-pipe WGDC logs... If we had a few 'normal ones' from procede running 9-10 stage 3 stock maps we'd get a better idea of what it should be vs what it is now Click here to enlarge

Of course it might be hard to find a person with my mods to come throw down a run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

@rader1 I don't have pre-pipe WGDC logs... If we had a few 'normal ones' from procede running 9-10 stage 3 stock maps we'd get a better idea of what it should be vs what it is now Click here to enlarge

Of course it might be hard to find a person with my mods to come throw down a run.
    That's unfortunate. Is there any progress on getting this into production? I'd be willing to give it a shot but I am pretty far from being local to be the next tester. I feel like they would be a great addition to the VTT Stage 2s.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    That's unfortunate. Is there any progress on getting this into production? I'd be willing to give it a shot but I am pretty far from being local to be the next tester. I feel like they would be a great addition to the VTT Stage 2s.
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Well I can't speak for Rick, but if I remember correctly he likes to get two more development cars in before moving anything into production. So someone would need to head on out to his shop to get fitted with pipes before production would start.

So if you're not local you should start lobbying for someone to step up Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Well I can't speak for Rick, but if I remember correctly he likes to get two more development cars in before moving anything into production. So someone would need to head on out to his shop to get fitted with pipes before production would start.

So if you're not local you should start lobbying for someone to step up Click here to enlarge
    Doylestown isn't all that far from DC. Depending on how long I'd need to be there, I might be able to help out.

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nitehawk Click here to enlarge
    Got a pic of the filter placement?
    Pretty please?
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Doylestown isn't all that far from DC. Depending on how long I'd need to be there, I might be able to help out.

Neil
    I make the trek quite a bit for work. Not a bad drive if you leave at the right hour Click here to enlarge
    You could make a weekend of it with the family, there are some excellent B&Bs here and close proximity to New Hope, PA and Lambertville, NJ, both are vibrant riverside artist 'colonies'.
    Doylestown, in addition to a large number of restaurants, has three museums, the Mitchener art museum, the Mercer and Fonthill mansions.
    http://www.mercermuseum.org/
    http://www.michenermuseum.org/

If you don't have a family all three areas have nightclubs and bars, which are usually packed with white women.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    all three areas have nightclubs and bars, which are usually packed with white women.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Very cool
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

*grumble* just tried to grab some logs but my USB connector is messed up & now my shift knob is stuck on.

I'll keep you up to date.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I make the trek quite a bit for work. Not a bad drive if you leave at the right hour Click here to enlarge
    You could make a weekend of it with the family, there are some excellent B&Bs here and close proximity to New Hope, PA and Lambertville, NJ, both are vibrant riverside artist 'colonies'.
    Doylestown, in addition to a large number of restaurants, has three museums, the Mitchener art museum, the Mercer and Fonthill mansions.
    http://www.mercermuseum.org/
    http://www.michenermuseum.org/

If you don't have a family all three areas have nightclubs and bars, which are usually packed with white women.
    Hummm.... White women!Click here to enlarge

@uniter Since you mentioned "White women" I am interested Click here to enlarge what is the address of the shop I may try to work something out. But no promises.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    Hummm.... White women!Click here to enlarge

@uniter Since you mentioned "White women" I am interested Click here to enlarge what is the address of the shop I may try to work something out. But no promises.
    Creme de la creme of white women my friend. PM'd.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@uniter how long would he need the car for?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    @uniter how long would he need the car for?
    @rick@defiv ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Neil
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Rick would need to see an IS / 1M before calling it, unfortunately. If you're brave you can take off the engine splash, take pictures around the turbos, remove the front bumper & take pictures.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Rick would need to see an IS / 1M before calling it, unfortunately. If you're brave you can take off the engine splash, take pictures around the turbos, remove the front bumper & take pictures.
    If I could do it in one long day -- preferably on the weekend -- I 'd be willing to drive up and could quickly remove the undertray and the front bumper.

If Rick is interested, send me a pm and I'll follow-up with him.

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@rick@defiv

I can do this next week because my mechanic will be installing my Stage 2s and other stuff at the same time.

So tell me everything you need pics of and it will be done!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I would like some that are reliable and durable...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

I have to get dyno feedback before pursuing this further-yes, they car "feels" great, but the process was so utterly brutal to engineer that I want numbers before pursuing replication. had to remove front end,intercooler, loosen and raise engine,and I'm not sure how doable any of this is with the trans in place. Major surgery and a lot of little clearancing mods. It took me almost 3 days with trans out,granted that's with welding...but I want to see actual gains before deciding any further on the matter. Making a production part is a major undertaking and investment, so we will start with dynos, see if it's worthy per investment and take it from there.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast