Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @rick@defiv would this work for the "IS" with some modification because if you have to use the front wheel well, in the "IS" it has two rads in both sides, if it is possible to use it in the "IS" I would be up for that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    @rick@defiv would this work for the "IS" with some modification because if you have to use the front wheel well, in the "IS" it has two rads in both sides, if it is possible to use it in the "IS" I would be up for that.
    Sems unlikely based on Rick's description, including how it funnels air from the ducts in the bumper.

Neil
    Last edited by MDORPHN; 02-14-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Paypal ready!!!!
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @farbmw @MDORPHN : Rick would need an IS car to provide measurements at least, best bet would be having one come out to get fitted.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    @farbmw @MDORPHN : Rick would need an IS car to provide measurements at least, best bet would be having one come out to get fitted.
    Not sure my 1M would be helpful, inasmuch I have a custom (and very large) oil cooler and added dedicated brake ducts to my front rotors.

To fit on my car, the piping would pretty much have to be routed like the stock set-up.

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MDORPHN Click here to enlarge
    Not sure my 1M would be helpful, inasmuch I have a custom (and very large) oil cooler and added dedicated brake ducts to my front rotors.

To fit on my car, the piping would pretty much have to be routed like the stock set-up.

Neil
    Any pics of OC & ducting?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Any pics of OC & ducting?
    Long thread on cooling ducts -- with pix --here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...+cooling+ducts

Don't have pix of oil cooler.

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ahh there's like no space on the 1M, I'd assume the same for the 135s as well. You asked about the IS though??

**Nvm farbmw asked.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ahh there's like no space on the 1M, I'd assume the same for the 135s as well. You asked about the IS though??

**Nvm farbmw asked.
    Yes, I did mention I would want it for the 335IS not the 1M.

I would but it depends where I would have to go, I am in Canada ah!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I certainly didn't mean to push this thread OT, but the 1M has the identical oil cooler and auxiliary radiator as the 335is.

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I certainly didn't mean to push this thread OT, but the 1M has the identical oil cooler and auxiliary radiator as the 335is.

Neil
    +1 This is true!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Neil
    is there a link somewhere showing this setup? am curious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    is there a link somewhere showing this setup? am curious.
    Dunno, but BMW also sells it as an optional add-on Power Performance Kit (or somesuch).

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Tubing dimensions sound good even for upgraded turbos. Anyway you can build taking the OEM path though? With this design I too am concerned about the rear turbo tight radius feed with the heat on another yet smaller scale. For the most part these should unleash a more efficient less strained turbo and shaft assembly, allowing for more airflow potential (likely very large amount on upgraded turbos). I really don't see much gains happening comparing lower boost to the same boost on newer pipes. More so the increases will be more potential in the turbos.
    It actually came out being far less restrictive than the oem path,especially in regards to the rear turbo. It uses a 90 degree silicone coupler off the rear turbo and I took a low and outside path to run forward, stepping up to 2" just past the motor mount. Its an easy 30% flow increase over that pancake pipe bottle neck. I'll put up more pics when the flywheel comes in. As previously stated, I have no intention to replicate until data has been gathered and I can replicate in silicone in certain areas. It would keep install suicide rates down lol....this was FAR from simple with hard piping...Data will dictate just how quickly this comes to fruition. Im positive that radiant heat absorption will be less than that of the oem plastic tubes, I went through great lengths to route accordingly and cover with gold heat barrier as pictured.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very good Rick!
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds great, Rick.

I'll be very interested in whether it can be adapted to work on 135is/335is/1M models.

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds great, Rick.

I'll be very interested in whether it can be adapted to work on 135is/335is/1M models.

Neil
    +1 on that partner! Even if he makes it just for the 335i, I may still get the kit if the number shows an improvement and see if my mechanic can modify it to work with my 335IS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When can we expect dyno numbers?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    When can we expect dyno numbers?
    Hey Torgus,
    If you read the thread I don't have proper pre-surgery numbers. We'd need another local car to come out for fitment and pre & post dynos after it's verified that my car runs well on them.

I'm still waiting with my car tied up for clutch parts that will work, posts will be made here when there's more progress.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update: Got the car back last night, sounds interesting. Put 25 of the clutch break in miles on, will let you know once I can start dataloggin' & dyno sheetin'

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update: Got the car back last night, sounds interesting. Put 25 of the clutch break in miles on, will let you know once I can start dataloggin' & dyno sheetin'
    I say this to everyone so I'll repeat again, make sure you cover 3-500 city miles, hwy mileage doesn't count, and do LOTS of downshifting. Drive as you would normally and no launching. Easy instructions to follow. Some don't and the clutch starts to prematurely slip and its toast...good luck
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I say this to everyone so I'll repeat again, make sure you cover 3-500 city miles, hwy mileage doesn't count, and do LOTS of downshifting. Drive as you would normally and no launching. Easy instructions to follow. Some don't and the clutch starts to prematurely slip and its toast...good luck
    Click here to enlarge Thanks dzenno; this isn't my first rodeo.
    I thought the dual clutch setup was going to be a nightmare when I first started driving it, now I can slip her out pretty easy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge yeah, i wasn't implying lack of experience...many others read these posts, just trying to share out some general advice on clutch break-in...there are many that simply don't know how to properly break-in their clutch and they end up blaming the installer or the manufacturer when it was them...case in point, very close friend of mine, just recently ruined his new ACT clutch install driving the car hard the other day as he passed 300 miles but it was all hwy mileage Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I need to get @LostMarine s side job as a sandwich delivery guy to really rack up some miles Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I need to get @LostMarine s side job as a sandwich delivery guy to really rack up some miles Click here to enlarge
    lol, thats a on call thing, need to deliver a lot of food to pay my bills Click here to enlarge

any updates?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast