Close

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tomaz Click here to enlarge
    I have this soft in my transmission and it work much better than stock. You can see gear number on D,S and M mode.
    ok great than i guess we can try installing it. i have all the necessary equipment.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Do you know which Sonnax parts, or have Sonnax part numbers for them?
    No I don't know all part numbers.
    Valve Body Accumulator
    Piston & Spring Kit
    95740-15K
    • Accumulator Pistons (7)
    • Matching Springs (7).
    I saw them when changed separator plate in VB.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OK, those are part of what Sonnax calls their "Zip Kit" they have a number of end plugs with o-rings as well which are supposed to stop leaks. The accumulators are made of metal and have rubber coatings. This rubber can separate according to the documents I've read.

I'm not sure if you will gain anything over a stock brand new valve body, but it's a good idea to replace the accumulators if you get the chance especially given they are a common failure and lead to decreased shift quality.

@enrita is your car back on the road now? You will be a good guinea pig for this test.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OK, those are part of what Sonnax calls their "Zip Kit" they have a number of end plugs with o-rings as well which are supposed to stop leaks. The accumulators are made of metal and have rubber coatings. This rubber can separate according to the documents I've read.

I'm not sure if you will gain anything over a stock brand new valve body, but it's a good idea to replace the accumulators if you get the chance especially given they are a common failure and lead to decreased shift quality.

@enrita is your car back on the road now? You will be a good guinea pig for this test.
    nope , not yet and the weather here is cold anyway. Gonna wait with this.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do we need step paddles for this? I have retrofitted the paddles on my car and wired to work as DCT paddles (left = down, right = upshift).
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I spoke with a tech at Sonnax. At this time they don't have any upgraded parts for the trans other than the zip kit which basically only replaces worn parts with oversized parts to fix fluid blow-by. I'm sure with a trans that is well used, doing the zip kit would bring new life into the valve body and it would shift hella better. I downloaded the code and will try to load this up and test it... Don't really have any shifting issues at this time, but would like to see quicker shifts if possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is pretty cool... I wonder if there is a way to dump the TCM. What kind of interface does it use? What kind of board is it? These would be the first steps to identifying how to dump, decrypt and modify. Any picures of this unit? How much is a TCM? It may be worth it to rentacoder and send a unit up for a few grand and have this solved, we could have a kickstarter type fund Click here to enlarge

Is it the TCU that we need to work on or programming the Mechatronics Unit or both?
    Last edited by klipseracer; 02-13-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone know which Alpina car this is from, which motor & mods specifically? Very exciting stuff going on here lately, with all the turbo builds and now maybe TCU & AT internal upgrades.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    Anyone know which Alpina car this is from, which motor & mods specifically? Very exciting stuff going on here lately, with all the turbo builds and now maybe TCU & AT internal upgrades.
    they only make 1 Alpina based on the 335i. around 400 hp crank, lower comp pistons. High flow dps, modified airbox and intake pipes. Should run 18 psi .
    http://www.alpina-automobiles.com/?3002&L=0
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Would this work on a 535i?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy huge monstrous Jesus Batman. Talk about development.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge

It's from the B3 335, which basically gives the same performance of a stock turbo, FBO car (it's rated at 402 / 395). It's engine performance bolt-ons include a Full Akrapovic Exhaust w/ Sport Cat DPs, Upgraded Intake & Turbo Inlet Tubes (increased diameter), Revised Alpina Engine & Transmission Tunes, not sure about the FMIC.

I haven't seen anywhere on the internet if the internals of the trans are changed, but the biggest change is the TCM reprogramming for a more sport setup. Should give us faster, crisper shifts since the trans won't be as TQ sensitive.[/COLOR]

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Suii Click here to enlarge
    Would this work on a 535i?
    Probably not since the 535 has a different ZF trans than the 335
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge

It's from the B3 335, which basically gives the same performance of a stock turbo, FBO car (it's rated at 402 / 395). It's engine performance bolt-ons include a Full Akrapovic Exhaust w/ Sport Cat DPs, Upgraded Intake & Turbo Inlet Tubes (increased diameter), Revised Alpina Engine & Transmission Tunes, not sure about the FMIC.

I haven't seen anywhere on the internet if the internals of the trans are changed, but the biggest change is the TCM reprogramming for a more sport setup. Should give us faster, crisper shifts since the trans won't be as TQ sensitive.[/COLOR]

IC is the stock one. Trans is exactly the same on the Alpina hardware wise, just the TCU is different. This flash might help a lot especially on the TQ management since its probably calibrated already for 100 hp crank more than the stock 335.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    they only make 1 Alpina based on the 335i. around 400 hp crank, lower comp pistons. High flow dps, modified airbox and intake pipes. Should run 18 psi .
    http://www.alpina-automobiles.com/?3002&L=0

OK, good to know, thanks guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What cable have you guys had good luck with?
    I see some variations on ebay and one on Amazon...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jetbill Click here to enlarge
    What cable have you guys had good luck with?
    I see some variations on ebay and one on Amazon...
    Go with the one on Amazon, Post #45 in this thread --- Had all the features requires for coding/INPA/etc, works thorugh the USB port (on every computer), just don't install the CD it comes with.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    nope , not yet and the weather here is cold anyway. Gonna wait with this.
    Keep us posted please.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did anyone get WinKfp setup?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did anyone get WinKfp setup?
    Yea, enrita shared direct download links for the TCM file & WinKfp in post #40

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea, enrita shared direct download links for the TCM file & WinKfp in post #40
    I have the files downloaded and installed, but cannot complete the setup procedure as outline in the WinKfp Import PDF file. I get hung up on importing the .prg files from the ediabas\ecu folder.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have the files downloaded and installed, but cannot complete the setup procedure as outline in the WinKfp Import PDF file. I get hung up on importing the .prg files from the ediabas\ecu folder.
    Can't help you there, I haven't tried installing the files since I've been on my Mac all day + the program only works in Windows

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You will find a lot of information here: bmwcoding.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you will need an complete Ediabas/INPA installation and/or the SPDaten Data collection for your car(Softwareversion/DME Version ....)
    BMW 335i xDrive MT
    COBB Stage2+|Wagner FMIC|CPe-Downpipes|BMW Performance Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lorddrinkalot Click here to enlarge
    you will need an complete Ediabas/INPA installation and/or the SPDaten Data collection for your car(Softwareversion/DME Version ....)
    Will the files that @vasillalov posted to code injectors work for this?
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It should do the job.

For me his version didn't cover it because I have MSD81, but you guys are not looking into the DME so give it a try.

Maybe try also downloading the newer Data Collection SPDaten V48.2, this should be the newest one available.
    Another option would be downloading "BMW Standard tools 2.11" and then update it with the SPDaten files.
    But that could shape into a lot of reading, try and error......
    BMW 335i xDrive MT
    COBB Stage2+|Wagner FMIC|CPe-Downpipes|BMW Performance Exhaust

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast