Close

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    How are your launches in 1st gear? Log one and shoot it over. I'm also going to need some taller tires to allow more than 129mph traps. May have to drop down to 3.08 gears. We'll see.
    im at work now in alaska ;( will do when i get home. basically what happens is in 1rst gear i try to brake boost and i can only build to 1800rpm. thats all it just wont rev higher. so i leave like a slug. then boost hits and she gets nasty lol. i just dont think i have enough torque way down low to over come the stall like i did with stock turbos when i could brake boost and launch at 2500-3000rpm.

i cant even do a burn out LMAO
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Makes sense. Maybe I can add a bunch of timing down there to compensate.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Makes sense. Maybe I can add a bunch of timing down there to compensate.
    if i can get it to launch, then 10s wont be hard.

ill send you the file when i get home and lets see if we can get it off the line lol..

Oh yea and you should add _N54 6AT WHP WR (642whp) to your sig Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha I will next time I edit it. Hopefully I can capture the N54 overall power record soon. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha I will next time I edit it. Hopefully I can capture the N54 overall power record soon. Click here to enlarge
    oh, you will. ill see how close i can get to that 738 with meth on this trans LMAO if not then after my swap ill lock it in. By then you should have it anyway too on one of your personal cars Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    you should have a better shot at 10s than me for now. my car comes out of the hole very slow bcuz my lack of low end torque right now on an auto trans does not allow me to leave with any boost. Im going to try something when i get home. if it works ill hit the track lol
    Neutral bomb?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Neutral bomb?

BAHAHAHA
    i actually went for it at like 2500-3000ish.. but the time it took to try to finagle it back into drive i lost the RPMS. i guess i could try harder.. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can build about 2.5 psi at a stand still, but then the wheels break loose.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can build about 2.5 psi at a stand still, but then the wheels break loose.
    interesting...
    you think that with the hallman pro vs the bleeder style one i have now, i might have a lil more luck?

you can do a burnout??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How are your launches in 1st gear? Log one and shoot it over. I'm also going to need some taller tires to allow more than 129mph traps. May have to drop down to 3.08 gears. We'll see.
    Pretty sure the 1m comes with 3.15 gears, you could try those. Should be enough to get you through the 1/4 mile without shifting to 5th. It's the same diff that comes in a 6mt m3 and my buddy that's a master tech at my dealer said it should be a direct swap on a 1 series.
    Last edited by bmw335iguy; 10-15-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    interesting...
    you think that with the hallman pro vs the bleeder style one i have now, i might have a lil more luck?

you can do a burnout??
    Hopefully the Hallman will keep the wastegate closed a little longer to help with overall spool-up compared to a cheaper MBC. However, I don't think it will benefit starting line boost since the WG will still be fully closed.

Yeah, my turbo is small enough that I can build a couple pounds of boost, which is enough to get them spinning if I give it too much gas. That happens around 2k where the torque converter is really starting to grab. Still a lot of lag before it really builds boost and goes, though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Pretty sure the 1m comes with 3.15 gears, you could try those. Should be enough to get you through the 1/4 mile without shifting to 5th. It's the same diff that comes in a 6mt m3 and my buddy that's a master tech at my dealer said it should be a direct swap on a 1 series.
    Actually those 3.15s would be even better than the 3.08s. But I've got an extra 3.08 from our E92 which we just swapped in an 3.46 for. Complicating the issue is I'd have to get the quaife moved over from mine. Plus the 3.46 w/ maybe 27" tires would be ideal for 60-130 rolls. For now I'm just taking a wait and see stance on the trans, gears, etc.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 10-15-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hopefully the Hallman will keep the wastegate closed a little longer to help with overall spool-up compared to a cheaper MBC. However, I don't think it will benefit starting line boost since the WG will still be fully closed.

Yeah, my turbo is small enough that I can build a couple pounds of boost, which is enough to get them spinning if I give it too much gas. That happens around 2k where the torque converter is really starting to grab. Still a lot of lag before it really builds boost and goes, though.
    Tried any second gear launches for kicks?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tried any second gear launches for kicks?
    Not really. I'll give it a try just to see what happens.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Terry

517 Trans is a shady lost cause, 9 months $4800 to them, $900 on a newer build Trans and countless times in and out of the car and now I have a large paper weight. To add to that 517 and Sam will not refund any of my money for a Trans that does not work. In short I moved on to an F10 M5!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    Terry

517 Trans is a shady lost cause, 9 months $4800 to them, $900 on a newer build Trans and countless times in and out of the car and now I have a large paper weight. To add to that 517 and Sam will not refund any of my money for a Trans that does not work. In short I moved on to an F10 M5!!!
    Movin' up! I'm sure you'll be much happier with that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Terry, you'll love the 5858. It's spools quick and it's nice being able to pull to redline witout the tubos dropping off.

The AT doesn't launches worth $#@! with a bigger turbo. It's impossible to build boost. Hopefully there is a software fix down that road so we can build a little boost on the line.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea, Its called a torque converter.
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry

Wow, sorry to hear about that. I was really looking forward to some positive results on your tranny build.
    Sam mentioned one of the biggest hurdles to the tranny build was the TCU bugging out from the increased line pressure.. Is this true? If someone was able to reprogram the TCU, would you be all set?
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry

Thanks for taking the time to throw that out there even though you have moved on to a better car! repped!

517 trans never got back to my emails from last spring/summer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry

Thanks for the update and congrats on the new ride!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will that fix building boost at the line? Right now the AT will not rev over 2K when holding the brake. I thought this was software related.

yea, Its called a torque converter

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chirp Click here to enlarge
    Will that fix building boost at the line? Right now the AT will not rev over 2K when holding the brake. I thought this was software related.

yea, Its called a torque converter
    I think what he meant was a stall converter that will let you rev up to a certain set RPM without the converter locking up and grabbing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    I think what he meant was a stall converter that will let you rev up to a certain set RPM without the converter locking up and grabbing.
    The following assumes the torque converter is not locked up. Torque converter lock up occurs when hydraulic pressure is feed to a clutch in the torque converter, and the engine and transmission input shaft are directly mechanically coupled. The mechatronics controls torque converter lock up.

By design a torque converter allows the engine and transmission input shaft to spin at different speeds. The stall speed of the converter is some rpm at which the engine can spin no faster without causing the input shaft to turn. This speed is a function of the properties of the ATF used, and the internal design of the of the torque converter.

Keeping this speed low causes less losses in the torque converter and higher fuel economy. However, in the case of the single turbo cars, torque is not built at such a low rpm as it is with twins. So what ends up happening is engine output is reduced at the stall speed when going to a single turbo. The way to fix this is to get a torque converter with a higher stall speed so that engine output is higher when the stall speed is reached.

Until the torque converter is locked up, fluid dynamics is the only thing coupling the engine to the transmission input shaft. A higher stall speed allows a greater difference between the engine and the input shaft.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    :shaking: the converter will not lock up sitting at a light
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast