Close

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks... Hats off to you @Myaddiction for serving our country for the past 17 years. It was an honer meeting you and hope you can make it to Shift S3ctor in April. So, tell us... who won the race tonight, you or the CBR600?
    Ha, it was a 70 roll on so not exactly his sweet spot. From low speeds, I'm sure it would have been different.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    OK, the VO, now we are getting somewhere. That does make sense considering the sport steering wheel with paddle shifters was an option.

If you don't have the paddle shifters, and select manual mode, does the gear indicator not display on the KOMBI?

I still don't think physically having the paddle shifters or not is going to make or break this upgrade. They are just switches and the transmission wouldn't know the difference between having them and never pressing them and not having them at all. The VO problem, if it exists, can be taken care of with software.
    Of course the kombi will display the gear indicator even if you have no paddles, as you then operate manual mode manually with the gear lever Click here to enlarge

We may be onto something with that VO stuff. But I haven't dwelved into coding myself yet so I don't know which parameters are available for configuration.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    btw here's a pdf on how to replace the mechatronic:

http://www.zftranspart.com/images/custom/mecha.pdf
    sounds about right lol, ill have a video up real soon on how to do it.
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OK, the VO, now we are getting somewhere. That does make sense considering the sport steering wheel with paddle shifters was an option.

If you don't have the paddle shifters, and select manual mode, does the gear indicator not display on the KOMBI?

I still don't think physically having the paddle shifters or not is going to make or break this upgrade. They are just switches and the transmission wouldn't know the difference between having them and never pressing them and not having them at all. The VO problem, if it exists, can be taken care of with software.

There is two parts to this flashing when it starts programming. The first part is the TCM module and then the second would be the Kombi. When programming is done the car is coded to have paddle shifters which it doesn't. So I am wondering if anyone has some knowledge in VO coding, See if it indeed adds the $2BT option. If so just code it out and see if it will work.

Or

First code in VO $2BT to the VO and then flash. Once flash finished go back and Remove $2BT from VO. Kind of like tricking it in a sort of way to make flash complete with no errors
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The trans flash is working fine without paddle shifters. Proper gear shows in dash when selecting via shifter stick.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Gonna log soon? Dying to see.
    Think I'll go for a drive..... Now? Quick lunch and then I'll hit the road
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The trans flash is working fine without paddle shifters. Proper gear shows in dash when selecting via shifter stick.
    This is kind of what I figured because the Kombi is dumb, it just displays what the trans tells it to. The trans transmits a character, and the Kombi displays it. The Alpina flash tells the Kombi to display different characters than the non-Alpina flash, but the Kombi already knows how to display all characters in the character set, so everything works fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    That's good news. Hope all is well. Look forward to catching up at the next shift sector.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Alpina TCU flash has fixed the dreaded 6AT 5th gear flatline issue as well finally! Click here to enlarge @benzy89 confirmed on his car and will post more details on his runs hopefully soon.

Hopefully one day we'll have full visibility into the TCU and will be able to take it further than where Alpina has set it back in 2007.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Such advancement these days. I can't wait to get back in an n54!
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've posted 3 logs in the dedicated Alpina TCM thread: http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...176#post404176
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If there are problems and they might be DME related, we should log the "Part Number" field in the identification page in INPA whenever the Alpina file is flashed, and record here whether or not the paddle shifters work. Might be a good idea to log the same field for the EGS before the flash. Might see some trends develop that would give us insight to why things happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    is this a std error when the prog is not connected to the car ?
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...3982e521-1.jpg
    Enrita,

was scanning through the thread and saw you had this problem. I see that you never followed up on it.

You're likely getting this error for one of two reasons

1) your obd.ini in the windows folder and/or 'ediabas\bin' folder is not configured for the proper port (or you simply haven't placed a copy in the windows folder)
    2) you're trying to use the usb adapter on a USB3.0 port rather than a USB2.0 port. some laptops are finicky about this. Had similar issues with a USB DAC, but that's another story.

good luck, hope it works out for you
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there a way to backup your current transmission data and restore it in case something goes wrong with the Alpina flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can use INPA to find out the Assembly line number you have and copy it down...Then when you want to load it back look for that specific number and if its not there look for the the next closest number to it and your done. Most will probably just update it to the latest update from the SPdata of assembly line numbers.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    Enrita,

was scanning through the thread and saw you had this problem. I see that you never followed up on it.

You're likely getting this error for one of two reasons

1) your obd.ini in the windows folder and/or 'ediabas\bin' folder is not configured for the proper port (or you simply haven't placed a copy in the windows folder)
    2) you're trying to use the usb adapter on a USB3.0 port rather than a USB2.0 port. some laptops are finicky about this. Had similar issues with a USB DAC, but that's another story.

good luck, hope it works out for you
    thanks, i actually never tried to connect the cable since my car is at the shop so i guess the issue is related to that.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Enrita..Your configurations are fine...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I read earlier in the thread that there is a stock transmission update flash also. My question is can the guys with a production date before 03/07 (me unfortunately Click here to enlarge) could we just do the stock transmission update since Alpina is out of our reach for now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    CAN WE SAY "WE GOT PADDLE SHIFTERS AGAIN"!!!! Model year 06/2009!!!

Last edited by Cn555ic; 02-23-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    [QUOTE=Cn555ic;405884]CAN WE SAY "WE GOT PADDLE SHIFTERS AGAIN"!!!! Model year 06/2009!!!

What versions of inpa,ncs-expert, tool32, and winkfp are you using?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    WinKFP DIY killed this thread. haha Sorry, had to bring it back to life because it's a good read. I wanted to personally thank @Tomaz for bringing the Alpina flash to life. Without the information TOMAZ provided, we would still be in the dark ages with the AT cars. It's nice to get recognition but everyone needs to know who really deserves recognition as I don't think this was noted in the DIY. So again thanks Tomaz... You rock brother.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

People who gain recognition get it regardless and don't need to look for it like some people. I will add Tomas name to my DIY if that makes people happy, but he for one really did help out with his info, that I can attest to. So yeah he definite deserves some credit for sure. I will edit my original DIY.
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 03-15-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes I agree it transforms the car for people how haven't got dct transmission, thanks to all involved with this Alpina Flash and all your time on the forums answering the questions many thanks Tomas/cn555ic/wedge1967 and many others. Time to spread it through Australia

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    Benzy are you sure its a simple trans swap and there are no differances in the wiring harness or other pats of the trans?

I've spoken to two people that have swapped from the old to the new and nothing else was changed (from what I was told)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Trans is on a truck headed west from 517 Trans to Hayward. Should be here next Tuesday or Wednesday this is a 10/07 build Trans being installed on a 07/06 build car. Lots of testing will be happening next week, can't wait this Trans should be on top of all the power I can give it.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast