Close

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Big thanks to all the people who made this possible. Much props to Wedge1967 for taking his time and helping me flash my TCU remotely. This flash is no JOKE! Whoever is still thinking whether they should get this flash, my suggestions is DO IT! Whatever wedge1967 said this flash does is no bs. I think it made my car faster and more responsive. I can't really describe in words, you just have to get it and feel for yourself. I think this might be the best mod someone can do to their at 335i if you can do it. It literally will transform your car to a different animal. So if you are still pondering if you should flash it or not. DO IT!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWil335i Click here to enlarge
    Can you explain how this changes the shift point? I thought I read there was potential to raise the rev limiter, but this appears to effectively lower it by changing the shift point in M mode. I don't need to wind my car out with stock turbos, but is there the potential to do so?
    There is NOTHING you can "customize" with the Alpina TCM software. If you've got a 6AT that's 03/07 or later, it'll be a significant modification for the driving feel (smoother up & down shifts), faster through the gears (faster shift times/no delay) & give you timing back in 5th & 6th gears.

Raising the rev limiter is a completely separate thing from this mod.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    There is NOTHING you can "customize" with the Alpina TCM software. If you've got a 6AT that's 03/07 or later, it'll be a significant modification for the driving feel (smoother up & down shifts), faster through the gears (faster shift times/no delay) & give you timing back in 5th & 6th gears.

Raising the rev limiter is a completely separate thing from this mod.
    Yet!

Thanks - can't wait to get it flashed.
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWil335i Click here to enlarge
    Yet!
    Ever -- The Alpina software and only comes as is. Chances are it'll be easier for a 3rd party tuner (I'll say COBB since they use a handheld flash system), to develop their own TCM flash that might take "inspiration" from the Alpina software and build on it from there.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ever -- The Alpina software and only comes as is. Chances are it'll be easier for a 3rd party tuner (I'll say COBB since they use a handheld flash system), to develop their own TCM flash that might take "inspiration" from the Alpina software and build on it from there.
    Gonna log soon? Dying to see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jesus, finding the latest files (like Winkfp) is an amazing pain in the ass. Anyone have all the files in one place. Im stuck with Winkfp in german at the moment with no option to change to english.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just wanted to say this is a great thread especially to see the community pool together and work out a solution for the benefit of everyone. Simply wonderful, happy for you guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stangorang Click here to enlarge
    Jesus, finding the latest files (like Winkfp) is an amazing pain in the ass. Anyone have all the files in one place. Im stuck with Winkfp in german at the moment with no option to change to english.
    haven't checked yet, but this might have what you're looking for https://docs.google.com/a/phile.net/...it?usp=sharing edit: actually, i'm not sure if that link will even work. i see it has my domain in it, but it's not from me. i found it somewhere earlier in this thread. has winkfp and install instructions
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bada bing..!!
    After getting my slow ass xp computer running and extracting the files, the tcm flash was a breeze.. It's 1am and going to get a few hours of sleep.. Hopefully the roads are dry in the am so I can test this out..

Big thx to @Cn555ic for the dyi and others that contributed..
    Once I get my vbox data I will post it up for all to enjoy!!
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    coder bailed on me. anyone else down in socal thats done it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jordan313 Click here to enlarge
    coder bailed on me. anyone else down in socal thats done it?
    If you don't find anyone, I'll be in SoCal for first week of April. I would be more than happy to help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    If you don't find anyone, I'll be in SoCal for first week of April. I would be more than happy to help.
    Is this something you can do through remote coding? I'm cleaning up my old XP laptop right now. Just tell me what I need to download and I'b be happy to pay you for your services. I'm in socal too but would hate to wait all the way till April.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just got home after a 400 mile round trip to Wedge1967's house. The flash is worth every mile. It's amazing the difference just a software change can do. The transmission no longer feels like its fighting to handle the power or respond to commands. Driving at 70 in "D6" two quick pushes on the paddle and it jumps to M4 with no downshift lunge, floor it and pull the paddles at the rpm you want the shift at, not having to try to anticipate for the slop in the response is amazing! D is super smooth in traffic to top it off. It'll be great to figure out the full impact of this flash here in the future.

I have to say thanks to everyone involved in getting this to the community in ridiculous time! Specifically Wedge1967 ( I texted him last night and had the flash tonight) and the hard work Steve put into figuring out the details. This is clearly huge for the 6AT community!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Myaddiction Click here to enlarge
    Just got home after a 400 mile round trip to Wedge1967's house. The flash is worth every mile. It's amazing the difference just a software change can do. The transmission no longer feels like its fighting to handle the power or respond to commands. Driving at 70 in "D6" two quick pushes on the paddle and it jumps to M4 with no downshift lunge, floor it and pull the paddles at the rpm you want the shift at, not having to try to anticipate for the slop in the response is amazing! D is super smooth in traffic to top it off. It'll be great to figure out the full impact of this flash here in the future.

I have to say thanks to everyone involved in getting this to the community in ridiculous time! Specifically Wedge1967 ( I texted him last night and had the flash tonight) and the hard work Steve put into figuring out the details. This is clearly huge for the 6AT community!
    Thanks... Hats off to you @Myaddiction for serving our country for the past 17 years. It was an honer meeting you and hope you can make it to Shift S3ctor in April. So, tell us... who won the race tonight, you or the CBR600?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Is this something you can do through remote coding? I'm cleaning up my old XP laptop right now. Just tell me what I need to download and I'b be happy to pay you for your services. I'm in socal too but would hate to wait all the way till April.
    Follow the DIY and download the software. Once you have a cable, give me a call.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Follow the DIY and download the software. Once you have a cable, give me a call.
    Okay I already have the spdaten file and winKPF. I'll order the cable tomorrow and give you a call once I have it in hand. Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I fished a bit in the bay and a blank "ready to flash" mechatronics unit is almost as expensive as a whole second-hand gearbox.

Might as well get a lower-mileage 6AT then. Just waiting for confirmation from anyone who replaced a pre-03/07 tranny that it's a direct fit.

Also, has anyone done the flash who did not have paddels from the factory? eg retrofitted them?
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hopefully 517Trans will help @Sikh335 get things going for Sift S3ctor. I'm looking forward to seeing what that car can really do. (please no negative comments)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    I fished a bit in the bay and a blank "ready to flash" mechatronics unit is almost as expensive as a whole second-hand gearbox.

Might as well get a lower-mileage 6AT then. Just waiting for confirmation from anyone who replaced a pre-03/07 tranny that it's a direct fit.

Also, has anyone done the flash who did not have paddels from the factory? eg retrofitted them?
    What I'm doing now is sending my Destroyed, full of burned up clutch and metal VB to level 10 for an overhaul and upgrade, i know that would be is helpful The VB according to Pat from level 10 told me 5th gear will be fixed and it will shift harder saving my clutches and thats exactly what i called to ask for. then for coding sake i didn't wanna just upgrade the VB from the used trans i got. then also sending the TQ converter to to level ten for a rebuild and maybe raise the stall a bit.
    For the the pre 03/07 models, i think all they need to do is get the VB out of a post 03/07 trans and install. but we would need to see if the the valve bodies them selfs were different in hardware. but since they are both 6hp 21 transmissions. i would think they are compatible and just boil down to coding. i will have a DIY up on how to install and uninstall a VB soon, probably before i even write up a diy for the transmission removal just for the sake of everyone on here that is thinking about upgrading to a newer valve body.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Regular low miles USed VB vs My Beat to $#@! VB
    Click here to enlarge

good VB
    Click here to enlarge

BAD VB Click here to enlarge

another angle
    Attachment 25986

Attachment 25987
    Last edited by sammy_0559; 02-20-2013 at 03:52 AM.
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if the valve bodies just bolt up and the oil channels are the same. then its only the mechatronics unit that needs to be dealt with but I'm coding illiterate, so this is my mechanical POV lol
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this is the error i got on my dry run

Click here to enlarge
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    if the valve bodies just bolt up and the oil channels are the same. then its only the mechatronics unit that needs to be dealt with but I'm coding illiterate, so this is my mechanical POV lol
    Great, I'll forward your DIY to my shop to tackle the install Click here to enlarge I think they can also handle the coding stuff.

Just need to make sure it will also work of paddles were retrofitted.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i looked and my winkfp when gke215 is selected it wants to use 03gke215 not 11gke215 and it also wants to use 09flash not 10flash..

should i just rename 11gke215 to 03gke215 and 10flash to 09flash to make it happy?

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by WDBi; 02-20-2013 at 07:37 AM.
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking to get this installed on a friend's car. 535xi 2010, no paddles, full Level 10 rebuild. What do you guys think?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Until it's a proven solution, there's no sense in adding it. In true BB fashion, only factually, proven information should be included in this sticky
    That's what I am saying, nothing should be put in the sticky thread until it's known to work, so until then this thread is the place for discussion.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast