Close

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 731
  1. #476
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    Thats only obvious i mean why do the post numbers keep getting shuffled?
    They don't perhaps you mean the thread auto refreshing as you have it open.

  2. #477
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    -26.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks. It will be very helpful for people in the future to know when parts list numbers are compatible with this upgrade.

    Tomaz had success with his 1071 030 026.

    Does anyone else know their transmission parts list number and can you comment on whether or not the flash was successful for you?
    There is a Trans Listed on Ebay for $1425 free shipping that has the part number that you Listed from Thomas not a bad deal if anyone wants it. its from an 08' so im hoping the trans i found in NY has the same part number.

  3. #478
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,527.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    There is a Trans Listed on Ebay for $1425 free shipping that has the part number that you Listed from Thomas not a bad deal if anyone wants it. its from an 08' so im hoping the trans i found in NY has the same part number.
    It would be nice if it was as simple as 6hp21 transmissions up to 02/07 were parts list 1071 030 003 and from 03/07 up they were parts list 1071 030 026.

    Also we don't know if there are other parts list numbers that will work. I would say it's too early to tell at this point. I would say if the trans is from a car with a build date from 03/07 on, it should be good. It would just be nice for the community to be able to verify the trans would work with the Alpina code by looking at the parts list number which is right on the transmission because it's going to be hard to know the build date once trans has been removed from the car.

  4. #479
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    -26.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    It would be nice if it was as simple as 6hp21 transmissions up to 02/07 were parts list 1071 030 003 and from 03/07 up they were parts list 1071 030 026.

    Also we don't know if there are other parts list numbers that will work. I would say it's too early to tell at this point. I would say if the trans is from a car with a build date from 03/07 on, it should be good. It would just be nice for the community to be able to verify the trans would work with the Alpina code by looking at the parts list number which is right on the transmission because it's going to be hard to know the build date once trans has been removed from the car.
    Why are the parts numbers on Real OEM different from the ones on the side of the trans. Real OEM Lists the Trans part number as 24007572071

  5. #480
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    Why are the parts numbers on Real OEM different from the ones on the side of the trans. Real OEM Lists the Trans part number as 24007572071
    You can goto INPA UIF and it tells you the EGS part number. Maybe that might work instead of putting car on lift to check serial numbers... I mean mine is an 3/07 build with the 7575796...Anything lower than that number your probably not good, anything same or higher then your good to go...Also check your SGBD, if thats the same file as mine then your good..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 02-19-2013 at 06:56 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #481
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    -26.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tomaz Click here to enlarge
    My car is 03.2007 year MSD80, but my transmission is 2008.
    Attachment 26374
    ajm8127 looking at Tomaz's post he has a 03/07 build which is already past the cut off date and he has a 2008 trans which is the correct trans for his car. my concern is that my car is a 07/06 so before the 02/07 cut off and by all measures my car calls for the old trans. Im gonna check with BMW in a few minutes on this.

  7. #482
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    I know you made this statement because you didn't understand what he was saying, however, it is still flawed logic non the less.
    Other than timing drops for some in 5th gear, and the inability for the 6AT singles to shift into 5th, we aren't seeing any evidence that the stock TCU can't handle our tuned cars (remember it adapts). This Alpina development, however, is huge, and mad props for the hard work you guys put into making this available.

    I'm a bit of a skeptic, because we don't know what the long term effects of this new flash will be yet. Remember that it's for a 540nm/trq car, which is 385 crank torque. That's like barely cobb stage 1, with no bolt ons. I don't see how this will help anyone running cobb stage 2+ FBO @ 385+Wheel torque? At a certain level of power, you simply have to upgrade our 6AT internals. Remember that ZF rated the tranny @ 295ft/lbs max input torque. The internals are slighlty overbuilt, but once you go FBO, Meth, RB, or Single, it's gonna die. Alpina or not.
    The stock TCM programming is awful compared to this. Rough upshifts, lags & even rougher downshifts are clear indicators that the transmission isn't keeping up with the engine and/or driver commands. Even on FBO cars, people with 6ATs have complained about rough (which usually means there's damage being down) 2nd --> 3rd and 4th --> 5th gear shifts (enrita mentioned how at one point his car refused to shift into 5th on the OEM programming).

    This new Alpina software is a significant upgrade: the shifts are always crisp and smooth, which more than likely means that the transmission isn't being abused (rough shifts = tons of friction, and friction is the enemy of any transmissions longevity). I'm sure if you logged through INPA (if it's possible) how the transmission is functioning differently, the Alpina software has made all the fixes that Terry has been working on in his flat line fix. You also mention how the transmission adapts: it adapts to driver habits, not varying power levels, so all that's really "adapting" is the logic in anticipating down/upshifts, sustained WOT pulls, etc.

    YES, the Alpina software is for a car with 405 BHP and 400 TQ, but the OEM programming is for a car with 300 BHP and 300 TQ -- which one would you rather have?? The long term effects of the flash are already visible on the Alpina B3 and B3 GTS cars -- they transmissions are identical excluding the TCM programming. As for physically upgrading the ZF 6AT, there is stiil NO 100%, proven legit upgrade -- Not for the Valvebody, the TQ converter, NOTHING. The only thing we know for sure that the Level10 upgrade can do is increase the stall.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Hang in there. No need to go buying expensive new mechantronics, or trannies. A flash will soon be available for all years in a bit. Lets sit back and see some acceleration numbers, and logs.
    You hope so. There's a reason why BMW switched the Mechatronics unit on the transmission, and it wasn't because the new works better with the Alpina software. Chances are the pre-2/07 mechatronics isn't capable of the various codes, programing & speed in relaying commands, meanwhile the "new" Mechatronics can. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the day, the pre-02/07 transmission owners still get screwed because the Mechatronics unit isn't capable of being reflashed for the higher performance settings.

    Bottom line is the proof is in the pudding, and every person with the upgraded TCM software is raving about it (myself included).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  8. #483
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Bottom line is the proof is in the pudding, and every person with the upgraded TCM software is raving about it (myself included).
    +1
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #484
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    can anybody try without connecting the cable to the laptop to do F1 comfort mode , than F2 choose ZUb, select the alpina file and see if this is the error you get?
    I always get this error when i select something. Would like confirmation so i can troubleshoot before i get the car back because this is the first thing i am gonna do :-)
    Click here to enlarge
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #485
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    +1
    yeah totally plus 1.
    i wonder if the difference is in fact that pre 02/07 the trans mechatronic is a gen 1 6hp19 while post is the updated 6h21 which is basically the bmw reworked 6hp19TU.
    http://www.sonnax.com/product-lines/.../filter?filter[make]=4&filter[unit]=549
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #486
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    can anybody try without connecting the cable to the laptop to do F1 comfort mode , than F2 choose ZUb, select the alpina file and see if this is the error you get?
    I always get this error when i select something. Would like confirmation so i can troubleshoot before i get the car back because this is the first thing i am gonna do :-)
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...3982e521-1.jpg

    I will do it for you now and take a pic so you can sleep tonight! Click here to enlarge


    Its the same error! Your configuration is good
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 02-19-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

  12. #487
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    63.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    yeah totally plus 1.
    i wonder if the difference is in fact that pre 02/07 the trans mechatronic is a gen 1 6hp19 while post is the updated 6h21 which is basically the bmw reworked 6hp19TU.
    http://www.sonnax.com/product-lines/.../filter?filter[make]=4&filter[unit]=549
    My car is a 10/06 build, trans is a 6hp21 based on trans plate, when I connect to DIS and communicate to the TCU I get 6HP19TU as the trans. I don't think the 335i's have anything Gen 1. I know this is what the Hyundai genesis has though.

  13. #488
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    benzy, you and cn555 are making us early builds cry... that quick paddle shifting and delay was something that I have been waiting for a fix for... and I can't have it.

    Also, does anyone have any idea why in the world shifting with the gear level is quicker than the paddles? Is there a delay in the cabling signal or is it purely software as has been illustrated? It's kind of bull$#@! if you ask me.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  14. #489
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    -26.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Has anyone with with a Pre 02/07 build car swapped their 6AT Trans with a post 02/07 Trans. I just can't get a definitive answer on this and I have been round and round. It seems the hardware is the same however I'm thinking the DME will have to be reflashed with a post 02/07 cars file in order for the new Trans to talk to the DME. I don't wanna screw up and build a Trans that will not work on my car. Any help guys, Tomaz's car is a 03/07 build with a 08' Trans so he is post 02/07 with build and Trans.

  15. #490
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    The oem 6at on the n54 is 6hp19 not 6hp21

  16. #491
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    -26.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    yeah totally plus 1.
    i wonder if the difference is in fact that pre 02/07 the trans mechatronic is a gen 1 6hp19 while post is the updated 6h21 which is basically the bmw reworked 6hp19TU.
    http://www.sonnax.com/product-lines/.../filter?filter[make]=4&filter[unit]=549
    May be a dumb question but why does the Trans casing show the model number as 6hp21 however the labels show 6hp19

  17. #492
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    63.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    6hp19TU = 6HP21

    6HP19 is used in early Audis and Hyundai Genensis it has a slightly lower torque capacity.

    I'm pretty sure of this.

    To be sure always reference the parts list stamped on the transmission. It is the best way to confirm.

  18. #493
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    I will do it for you now and take a pic so you can sleep tonight! Click here to enlarge


    Its the same error! Your configuration is good
    Click here to enlarge thanks !!!
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #494
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    Has anyone with with a Pre 02/07 build car swapped their 6AT Trans with a post 02/07 Trans. I just can't get a definitive answer on this and I have been round and round. It seems the hardware is the same however I'm thinking the DME will have to be reflashed with a post 02/07 cars file in order for the new Trans to talk to the DME. I don't wanna screw up and build a Trans that will not work on my car. Any help guys, Tomaz's car is a 03/07 build with a 08' Trans so he is post 02/07 with build and Trans.
    i am pretty sure there are no issues whatsoever in replacing the trans with a newer one. you just need to code/flash the module. hard to believe if your trans is toast that bmw has in stock pre 03/07 trans.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #495
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    Has anyone with with a Pre 02/07 build car swapped their 6AT Trans with a post 02/07 Trans. I just can't get a definitive answer on this and I have been round and round. It seems the hardware is the same however I'm thinking the DME will have to be reflashed with a post 02/07 cars file in order for the new Trans to talk to the DME. I don't wanna screw up and build a Trans that will not work on my car. Any help guys, Tomaz's car is a 03/07 build with a 08' Trans so he is post 02/07 with build and Trans.
    I'd say call up a dealer (or a very knowledgeable shop) and ask. Just BS them and say you've recently bought '07 335i and the trans is really fouled up and you're thinking of replacing it, ask for a specific trans part number (so you can reference on Real OEM) and if the new trans would need to be "paired" to the DME. Chances are they'll tell you to buy a new ZF 6HP21.

    I don't think BMW "fixes" transmissions, I'm pretty sure they charge you an arm & leg for a replacement trans and labor.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  21. #496
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    -26.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I'd say call up a dealer (or a very knowledgeable shop) and ask. Just BS them and say you've recently bought '07 335i and the trans is really fouled up and you're thinking of replacing it, ask for a specific trans part number (so you can reference on Real OEM) and if the new trans would need to be "paired" to the DME. Chances are they'll tell you to buy a new ZF 6HP21.I don't think BMW "fixes" transmissions, I'm pretty sure they charge you an arm & leg for a replacement trans and labor.
    That's exactly what I did they listed the older part number. When I asked if they still build those Trans or can order them they said yes. I also asked if he thought it was interchangeable with the newer part number he said no. I think it is its just a DME flash issue. I'm thinking the TCU is updated with new software that is compatible with all of the newer build DME updates and software. If that's the case I need to flash with a new build Vin and should work. I can't find any other reason it would not work.

  22. #497
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bv1 Click here to enlarge
    6hp19TU = 6HP21

    6HP19 is used in early Audis and Hyundai Genensis it has a slightly lower torque capacity.

    I'm pretty sure of this.

    To be sure always reference the parts list stamped on the transmission. It is the best way to confirm.
    Nope, you are correct sir! Thanks for the clarificaton.

  23. #498
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,527.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    Why are the parts numbers on Real OEM different from the ones on the side of the trans. Real OEM Lists the Trans part number as 24007572071
    The part numbers on the side of the transmission are ZFs parts list number used to figure out what parts to use to rebuild the transmission.

    The advantage to using this number over the ZUSB is that you don't need the rest of the car or a computer. Junk yards tear $#@! apart all the time and the bald guy with BO might tell you is from after 03/07, but the parts list number will confirm or deny any suspicion.
    Last edited by ajm8127; 02-19-2013 at 09:47 PM.

  24. #499
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Preliminary tests show that Alpina TCM flash gets rid of the 6AT FLATLINE Click here to enlarge this was always induced by the transnission computer through CANbus commands triggering torque limit 4 and telling the dme to drop torque by cutting timing out.

    Still some testing to do but its looking very promising for 6AT cars to have a proper fix finally
    Click here to enlarge

  25. #500
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,527.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Preliminary tests show that Alpina TCM flash gets rid of the 6AT FLATLINE Click here to enlarge this was always induced by the transnission computer through can commands triggering torque limit 4 and telling the dme to drop torque by cutting timing out.

    Still some testing to do but its looking very promising for 6AT cars to have a proper fix finally
    Kick ass!

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •