Close

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 731
  1. #451
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    43
    Rep Points
    63.2
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    damn, seems like no one in socal is attempting this...wish i was by your guys area right now Click here to enlarge

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Points
    1,526.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    Benzy are you sure its a simple trans swap and there are no differances in the wiring harness or other pats of the trans?
    I am pretty sure it's the same as well. @Tomaz did this already if you look back in this thread. I'm pretty sure the only difference is the actual electronics inside, though it should function exactly the same, you'll just be able to load the Alpina firmware.

    After looking back I see Tomaz had a 03/07 build date and installed a 2008 transmission. I think the key is to make sure the parts list is 1071 030 026. This information can be found on the plate on the side of the transmission along with the model and serial number. It would be good to confirm that this parts list number corresponds to the correct Mechatronic for the Alpina flash file.
    Last edited by ajm8127; 02-19-2013 at 04:22 PM.

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    Benzy are you sure its a simple trans swap and there are no differances in the wiring harness or other pats of the trans?
    I'm not gonna confirm anything 100%, but the everything about the trans is the same from the 1st 6AT 335 sold in 07 to the last one sold in 2010. The only difference between the 02/07 and earlier trans is that the Mechatronics unit was upgraded, so you can probably keep your trans but just replace the Mechatronics unit to the 03/07 or later version.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    61
    Rep Points
    72.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    So does this flash actually recode the mechatronics unit or is the "tcm" a submodule in the DME? Is the 02/07 the changeover date for the MSD80/81 as well? 11/06 PD here Click here to enlarge

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    389
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    I would think entirely different. A tuned car which increases HP and torque would inherently do more damage as the TCU is not calibrated for those power levels. The Alpina TCU mapping of the software does.
    I know you made this statement because you didn't understand what he was saying, however, it is still flawed logic non the less.
    Other than timing drops for some in 5th gear, and the inability for the 6AT singles to shift into 5th, we aren't seeing any evidence that the stock TCU can't handle our tuned cars (remember it adapts). This Alpina development, however, is huge, and mad props for the hard work you guys put into making this available.

    I'm a bit of a skeptic, because we don't know what the long term effects of this new flash will be yet. Remember that it's for a 540nm/trq car, which is 385 crank torque. That's like barely cobb stage 1, with no bolt ons. I don't see how this will help anyone running cobb stage 2+ FBO @ 385+Wheel torque? At a certain level of power, you simply have to upgrade our 6AT internals. Remember that ZF rated the tranny @ 295ft/lbs max input torque. The internals are slighlty overbuilt, but once you go FBO, Meth, RB, or Single, it's gonna die. Alpina or not.

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    389
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mike335i Click here to enlarge
    So does this flash actually recode the mechatronics unit or is the "tcm" a submodule in the DME? Is the 02/07 the changeover date for the MSD80/81 as well? 11/06 PD here Click here to enlarge
    Hang in there. No need to go buying expensive new mechantronics, or trannies. A flash will soon be available for all years in a bit. Lets sit back and see some acceleration numbers, and logs.

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Points
    1,526.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mike335i Click here to enlarge
    So does this flash actually recode the mechatronics unit or is the "tcm" a submodule in the DME? Is the 02/07 the changeover date for the MSD80/81 as well? 11/06 PD here Click here to enlarge
    This flash replaces the firmware on the EGS (BMW speak for TCU) which is integrated into the Mechatroncs and installed inside the transmission.

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,726
    Rep Points
    31,540.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    How exactly was the Alpina file obtained?

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Points
    1,526.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How exactly was the Alpina file obtained?
    It is part of the v48.1 SP-Daten torrent I posted.

    Well, I guess Tomaz originally brought it to the attention of the community.

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    389
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    It is part of the v48.1 SP-Daten torrent I posted.
    Is the V48.1 sp-daten file, the whole flash file (ecu&tcu) from a BMW dealership?

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    386
    Rep Points
    111.8
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Is the V48.1 sp-daten file, the whole flash file (ecu&tcu) from a BMW dealership?
    It has some large files for the MSD80/81. So I would assume that would be the case.

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Points
    1,526.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Is the V48.1 sp-daten file, the whole flash file (ecu&tcu) from a BMW dealership?
    The v48.1 SP-Daten is a collection of files, 11 GB worth. The one I posted refers to E89, which is the Z4, but apparently is what is needed for the 3 series as well. The fact that the entire uncompressed folder is 11 GB makes me think it may contain files for all BMW cars, or maybe it just supports all current and past 3 series.

    Contained in the collection are the files to program every module in at least the current 3 series and Z4.

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    203
    Rep Points
    84.6
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    i found a laptop i can use and a spare hard drive. formatting and setting up winxp. should be good to go by tomorrow. been a while since i set up INPA/EDIABAS. and WinKFP is a new adventure. hopefully everything goes smoothly.
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Points
    1,526.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    i found a laptop i can use and a spare hard drive. formatting and setting up winxp. should be good to go by tomorrow. been a while since i set up INPA/EDIABAS. and WinKFP is a new adventure. hopefully everything goes smoothly.
    I found the version of INPA that is installed with the BMW Standard Tools (WinKFP, EDIABAS, INPA) referenced earlier in this thread (EDIT - Post 26 and 42) did not work for me. I had to use INPA from the N54 Injector Coding tutorial.

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    203
    Rep Points
    84.6
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    thanks! that probably saved me a lot of headache
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #466
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    961
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    I know you made this statement because you didn't understand what he was saying, however, it is still flawed logic non the less.Other than timing drops for some in 5th gear, and the inability for the 6AT singles to shift into 5th, we aren't seeing any evidence that the stock TCU can't handle our tuned cars (remember it adapts). This Alpina development, however, is huge, and mad props for the hard work you guys put into making this available. I'm a bit of a skeptic, because we don't know what the long term effects of this new flash will be yet. Remember that it's for a 540nm/trq car, which is 385 crank torque. That's like barely cobb stage 1, with no bolt ons. I don't see how this will help anyone running cobb stage 2+ FBO @ 385+Wheel torque? At a certain level of power, you simply have to upgrade our 6AT internals. Remember that ZF rated the tranny @ 295ft/lbs max input torque. The internals are slighlty overbuilt, but once you go FBO, Meth, RB, or Single, it's gonna die. Alpina or not.
    That part of longevity I don't know. As for my personal car this is perfect for my mods that I have. Even though this software is an overkill for those slightly modded but why wouldn't anyone want a smoother running tranny that's shifts better, revs better and is smooth as butter and have the shift paddles more effective in terms of response time?? If anything I wouldn't think it would decrease its longevity but if anything make it work more efficient especially for those lightly modded. Not everyone is going to go WOT at every light. I do agree that upgrading the tranny will be inevitable especially with ST and those highly modded,, but while we're still on the stock tranny, mind as well have it perform like this with this flash. No brainer. I am willing to risk it and roll the dice as I am sure others who have this new flash will agree. If your modding your car performance wise there is always risks. If your concerned then modding is not for you. Stay stock.
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #467
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,726
    Rep Points
    31,540.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    If your concerned then modding is not for you. Stay stock.
    Will an aftermarket air filter void my warranty?

  18. #468
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    -89.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I am pretty sure it's the same as well. @Tomaz did this already if you look back in this thread. I'm pretty sure the only difference is the actual electronics inside, though it should function exactly the same, you'll just be able to load the Alpina firmware.

    After looking back I see Tomaz had a 03/07 build date and installed a 2008 transmission. I think the key is to make sure the parts list is 1071 030 026. This information can be found on the plate on the side of the transmission along with the model and serial number. It would be good to confirm that this parts list number corresponds to the correct Mechatronic for the Alpina flash file.
    My current Trans is 1071 030 003. Working in verifiying the donor Trans which is from a 10/07 build

  19. #469
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    389
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    The v48.1 SP-Daten is a collection of files, 11 GB worth. The one I posted refers to E89, which is the Z4, but apparently is what is needed for the 3 series as well. The fact that the entire uncompressed folder is 11 GB makes me think it may contain files for all BMW cars, or maybe it just supports all current and past 3 series.

    Contained in the collection are the files to program every module in at least the current 3 series and Z4.
    If it has files for every model, then how can we be sure that the TCU files are Alpina? It could just be the european model TCUs.

  20. #470
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    If it has files for every model, then how can we be sure that the TCU files are Alpina? It could just be the european model TCUs.
    because it tells you its alpina in winkfp....
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #471
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    389
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    That part of longevity I don't know. As for my personal car this is perfect for my mods that I have. If anything I wouldn't think it would decrease its longevity but if anything make it work more efficient especially for those lightly modded.
    Well, if it does indeed significantly shift faster, then you would be increasing the heat on the clutch packs. But right now all that is speculation, cuz we might be talking about microseconds here, which is insignificant.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Not everyone is going to go WOT at every light. I do agree that upgrading the tranny will be inevitable especially with ST and those highly modded,, but while we're still on the stock tranny, mind as well have it perform like this with this flash. No brainer. I am willing to risk it and roll the dice as I am sure others who have this new flash will agree. If your modding your car performance wise there is always risks. If your concerned then modding is not for you. Stay stock.
    I'm not stock. I'm race map/Stage 2+ FBO.

  22. #472
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    -89.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Why do the post#'s keep changing in this Thread?????????

  23. #473
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,726
    Rep Points
    31,540.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    Why do the post#'s keep changing in this Thread?????????
    They should naturally increase so....

  24. #474
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Points
    1,526.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    My current Trans is 1071 030 003. Working in verifiying the donor Trans which is from a 10/07 build
    Thanks. It will be very helpful for people in the future to know when parts list numbers are compatible with this upgrade.

    Tomaz had success with his 1071 030 026.

    Does anyone else know their transmission parts list number and can you comment on whether or not the flash was successful for you?

  25. #475
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    -89.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They should naturally increase so....
    Thats only obvious i mean why do the post numbers keep getting shuffled?

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •