Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    No speculation needed..

I hope to code this tonight and will post up my VBox results before/after
    Mah Man!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Any idea if Alpina has a file for pre 03/07's? There has to be one, cuz it makes no sense for them not to have made it.
    Alpina came after 03/07 so no makes sense for them not to make one.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Alpina came after 03/07 so no makes sense for them not to make one.
    Well then, we're left with cobb. I just messaged Josh, and he is looking into this. Hopefully they can take a look at the programing, change it up a bit, and offer it through their hardware for all model years.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Well then, we're left with cobb. I just messaged Josh, and he is looking into this. Hopefully they can take a look at the programing, change it up a bit, and offer it through their hardware for all model years.
    fingers crossed!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The problem with this is I'm not sure if they are able to lock the software to a specific DME/VIN. Since anyone can flash it, they probably don't want to invest the time or resources into something that is just going to get copied, just like everyone has done so here with the Alpina file.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPF 335i Click here to enlarge
    google?
    Is that it? Or did someone somewhere else mention us?

People wouldn't all just be googling BB at the same time suddenly right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Is that it? Or did someone somewhere else mention us?

People wouldn't all just be googling BB at the same time suddenly right?
    Word of mouth and I still frequently post there still and Alot of other members that are not banned! Also sticky. You have to remember this flash is pretty much a game changer and word spreads quickly that it was done over here and became reality and functioning from this thread.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Word of mouth and I still frequently post there still and Alot of other members that are not banned! Also sticky. You have to remember this flash is pretty much a game changer and word spreads quickly that it was done over here and became reality and functioning from this thread.
    I understand I was just curious how word was spreading.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Someone should try hex hacking the file. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    The problem with this is I'm not sure if they are able to lock the software to a specific DME/VIN. Since anyone can flash it, they probably don't want to invest the time or resources into something that is just going to get copied, just like everyone has done so here with the Alpina file.
    Yeah, but they'd have to offer this flash if we find that it helps modified 6AT owners. He told me that they've been looking into writing a flash for the TCM for quite some time now, so hopefully, their flash can be different/slightly improved from the alpina, since cobb tunes allow our cars to run much more power than the alpina.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    No speculation needed..

I hope to code this tonight and will post up my VBox results before/after
    Can you also do some logging with your JB4 or Cobb (I see you have the BMS flash) so we can see the before and after difference in RPM over time? Maybe do a pull in each mode, D, DS and M?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Can you also do some logging with your JB4 or Cobb (I see you have the BMS flash) so we can see the before and after difference in RPM over time? Maybe do a pull in each mode, D, DS and M?

No Prob.!!
    Click here to enlarge
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love how shiv has been awol from the internet for weeks. This thread shows up on E90, and he's posting again! Click here to enlarge "Guys, can't wait to try this on our 6ATs." If this flash works, and allow his 6AT singles to shift from 4th to 5th, watch him offer, an "exclusive procede transmission flash upgrade", on his website.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Someone should try hex hacking the file. Click here to enlarge
    That's pretty much impossible without knowing what the target processor is. I've got a line on a post 03/07 Mechatronics that a user has agreed to send me after removing it from a used transmission. Hopefully the enclosure can be removed without destroying the electronics inside.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You probably could, but don't forget that the Alpina car has something that a very few of modded cars have -- Larger turbo inlet pipes. Because they might be running a boost curve tailored to the turbos getting significantly more air, I wouldn't use the Alpina software.

Also, you can get more power from a COBB/JB4/PROcede tune on an FBO car. The Alpina B3 is 400 BHP/405 BTQ, an FBO car on 93 pump gas (no meth) can make ~380 WHP/~420 WTQ. So you'd def be selling yourself short on performance.
    What ECU number and ZB-Numbers do we choose for flashing the Alpina DME, all that you say is true,but still would be fun to try out......there should be a list made of all the components that can be flashed to alpina with there corresponding ECU number and ZB-Numbers since all these things seem to work together.....changing one thing seems to affect the others.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    What ECU number and ZB-Numbers do we choose for flashing the Alpina DME, all that you say is true,but still would be fun to try out......there should be a list made of all the components that can be flashed to alpina with there corresponding ECU number and ZB-Numbers since all these things seem to work together.....changing one thing seems to affect the others.....
    nobody knows as of now. you will have to test them all and see if winkfp says "alpina" as it does with the trans.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I really think it is a very bad idea to flash your DME with the Alpina firmware if you have a tune. The tunes are all developed around the stock DME firmware and changing that could cause some problems depending on the differences in the Alpina firmware vs. stock.

The ZUSB number would be based on the specific DME that the Alpina car came with, and might not even be compatible with your DME. There are like 2 dozen different versions if you look at the Cobb site.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If anyone is able to flash their DME to the alpina tune I'd love to see a JB4 map 4 log of it. Might be "good enough" for those of you with limited fuel trims for a free update. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    JUST got home after @Cn555ic flashed my 6AT with the Alpina TCM software and all I can say is WOW!, I'm typing up a full review before I post it on here with some data. It's a night & day difference between the OEM TCM programming and the Alpina software that you can't really explain until you ride in a car with the new software.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did Alpina ever put some kind of a launch control feature in there AT soft ware ....If so how would one activate it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did Alpina ever put some kind of a launch control feature in there AT soft ware ....If so how would one activate it?
    no , nothing mentioned in the specs
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I really think it is a very bad idea to flash your DME with the Alpina firmware if you have a tune. The tunes are all developed around the stock DME firmware and changing that could cause some problems depending on the differences in the Alpina firmware vs. stock.

The ZUSB number would be based on the specific DME that the Alpina car came with, and might not even be compatible with your DME. There are like 2 dozen different versions if you look at the Cobb site.
    I would think entirely different. A tuned car which increases HP and torque would inherently do more damage as the TCU is not calibrated for those power levels. The Alpina TCU mapping of the software does.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    JUST got home after @Cn555ic flashed my 6AT with the Alpina TCM software and all I can say is WOW!, I'm typing up a full review before I post it on here with some data. It's a night & day difference between the OEM TCM programming and the Alpina software that you can't really explain until you ride in a car with the new software.

haha, it's no joke is it. Welcome to the club benzy... Enjoy!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    I would think entirely different. A tuned car which increases HP and torque would inherently do more damage as the TCU is not calibrated for those power levels. The Alpina TCU mapping of the software does.
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

best would be to find someone with an Alpina and export all files so its easy to find.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast