Close

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Always, every shift would flatline, but I think it's how the TCU interfaces with the DME to pull torque. Do you know if other tunes other than PROcede have this issue?
    Flatline in that you get no timing AFTER the shift, not during. Sorry for not being clear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Always, every shift would flatline, but I think it's how the TCU interfaces with the DME to pull torque. Do you know if other tunes other than PROcede have this issue?
    Every tune being used on cars with a 6AT seems to be experiencing the flatline problem (1st-4th is fine, once you shift into 5th the timing goes negative). It seems like everybody's working towards finding a solution, but it'd be interesting to see if the Alpina TCM fixes it on it's own (meaning the problem is completely independent of any tune and that it's simply the OEM TCM programming being overly sensitive).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Flatline in that you get no timing AFTER the shift, not during. Sorry for not being clear.
    No, it's always came back, but I'm not sure about WOT 4th to 5th. Getting in the 130 plus range and run out of road quick. I'll have to find a nice section of road to test on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Getting in the 130 plus range and run out of road quick. I'll have to find a nice section of road to test on.
    That's the biggest problem I'm having with testing. Between the WOT 3 -> 4 -> 5 and full 5th gear pulls, you run out of open road a lot quicker than just a 3rd or 4th gear pull.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Every tune being used on cars with a 6AT seems to be experiencing the flatline problem (1st-4th is fine, once you shift into 5th the timing goes negative). It seems like everybody's working towards finding a solution, but it'd be interesting to see if the Alpina TCM fixes it on it's own (meaning the problem is completely independent of any tune and that it's simply the OEM TCM programming being overly sensitive).
    I have my girls at home today, but I'll see if I can get out and pull some logs tomorrow. I'll need to find a section of road to pull at that speed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have my girls at home today, but I'll see if I can get out and pull some logs tomorrow. I'll need to find a section of road to pull at that speed.
    Same here since Steven's gonna hook me up tomorrow Click here to enlarge Hopefully somewhere on the ~40 mile trip back I'm home I'll be able to grab some quality logs to share with everyone

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    D is D1... SD is S1... and M is the same.

Shifts feel quicker, less lag. Not solid, but firm. I had issues with the delay in shift causing me to hit red line and throttle body would close and dump boost. Not seeing that now, but I also raised my red line prior to flashing the TCU to help prevent this. As you can see in the video, when it shifted, it quickly dropped back to 5400 and start pulling again.

It does feel more responsive on the paddles, but you'll just have to judge for yourself.
    very good. looking forward to testing this when steven gets a chance.

does manual mode still start in 2nd gear?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge

I personally don't mind the manual mode starting in 2nd. 1st gear is annoyingly useless for daily driving

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I honestly don't pay too much attention to that stuff. I did notice D started in D1 and S started in S1, but I think M when it down shifts to a stop it stays in M2 by default. Which like thmyst point out 1st is almost useless and at the power levels we're hitting you'll be much quicker off the line in 2nd anyway. For those who still have kickdown, if you get on it too hard you'll probably end up over revving your engine as it shifts back to first in a violant rage. I used rubber washers and then recalibrated my throttle to 100%. If you haven't done this already, I highly recommend it, especially if you don't want to wrap your car around a tree hitten it out of the corners.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I honestly don't pay too much attention to that stuff. I did notice D started in D1 and S started in S1, but I think M when it down shifts to a stop it stays in M2 by default. Which like thmyst point out 1st is almost useless and at the power levels we're hitting you'll be much quicker off the line in 2nd anyway. For those who still have kickdown, if you get on it too hard you'll probably end up over revving your engine as it shifts back to first in a violant rage. I used rubber washers and then recalibrated my throttle to 100%. If you haven't done this already, I highly recommend it, especially if you don't want to wrap your car around a tree hitten it out of the corners.
    ah so they kept 2nd gear starts. i would assume alpina would start from first since they're going for the "sporty" feel in M mode (judging from their description anyhow).
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I personally don't mind the manual mode starting in 2nd. 1st gear is annoyingly useless for daily driving
    different strokes

i'm always up for something new to mix things up, especially when it's cheap and easy.

getting bored with the car, unfortunately.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by r45t4335i Click here to enlarge
    Waiting on that DIY, hope to get my car back in a day or two.
    +1

Waiting for the DIY and some results. Sounds promising so far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is quite the busy thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is quite the busy thread.
    Just waiting for you to bring the party goodies! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    different strokes

i'm always up for something new to mix things up, especially when it's cheap and easy.

getting bored with the car, unfortunately.
    Try driving a chevy cruze loaner car for 3 weeks and see how boring that 335i feels. Click here to enlarge I was considering buying a tune for this chevy cruze for $200 to make it actually go faster!

I got depressed when a 335i overtook me on the highway the other day without even trying!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @franzzz I have ZUSB 7606261 as well, 10/06 build date. You were never able to get the Alpina file to work, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    @franzzz I have ZUSB 7606261 as well, 10/06 build date. You were never able to get the Alpina file to work, right?
    no , did not work for him. his trans was useless with the gear light flashing on the dash and no gears could be used. Sucks man...
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    no , did not work for him. his trans was useless with the gear light flashing on the dash and no gears could be used. Sucks man...
    Well I can't really say I am surprised. The information uncovered earlier in the thread basically said the Mechatronics is different before and after 03/07. I guess my options are swap Mechatronics with a post 03/07 unit and hope that works, or be satisfied with the alterations made with the Cobb AP (BMS back end flash) to raise line pressure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Try driving a chevy cruze loaner car for 3 weeks and see how boring that 335i feels. Click here to enlarge I was considering buying a tune for this chevy cruze for $200 to make it actually go faster!

I got depressed when a 335i overtook me on the highway the other day without even trying!
    you think you got it bad. my stock turbo seals took a dump in august. that was when vargas announced their turbo upgrades. i was like great cheaper than RBs but i signed up for stage 2s and then gave up mid november could not wait any longer lol but still wish i waited for vargas as i would have switched to stage 3 wait time. then just ended up pulling the trigger on RBs car. between work and school i finally finished it in the end of december with new everything plugs, coils, injectors, water pump Tstat, walboro, G5, bms flash, new trans fluid and filter, new hardware for turbos, PCV, valvcover gasket, Bigger meth tank, vanos, LPFP sensor, even gasket i could think of replaced oil filter housing ECT.. finally done i was doing a highway pull a week later. nd broke a half shaft. Click here to enlarge parked the car for another 2 weeks till i had time to get to it bought a used half shaft (3rd one) and replaced it. finally everything was perfect on the car.... went to go do some logs... and yeah
    felt like recording cuz the car was perfect. and felt like it was gonna rip like crazy (note i still haven fully experienced RB turbos Click here to enlarge )

since august my car has been a night mare and i havenever in my life spent this much on a car lol

anyways. this is my Ultimate Reliable Machine. that I've been driving for the past 7 months lol Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    The ZB-number was indeed what Tomas stated to use 7615835 which automatically referenced the Alpina B3 7591471.Opa
    Guys I posted a little wrong info...correction is The ZB-number was indeed what Tomas stated to use 7615835 which automatically referenced the Alpina B3 7591971.Opa
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Okay guys I just flashed my 3/07 E93 and it went flawless! Also flashed a 08 XI and it was fine so now we know XI equipped cars have no issues We took it out for a spin and holy $#@! the shifting is unbelieveable crisp. You don't even feel it go through the gears at all! The shifts are silky smooth! OMG. Paddles shifters are very sensitive now and any trace of lag that was felt is gone! Now the bad part of it. Spoke to Wedge1967 And he just tried the flash on 02/07 Production date and Winkfp didn't allow it to be flashed. Some message of being not compatible This is terrible guys. So it looks like the cutoff for this is 3/07 production date and on. Before 3/07 your not able to flash it Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is the error 201. So if you have an 02/07 and older, sorry...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is the error 201. So if you have an 02/07 and older, sorry...
    Click here to enlarge
    Sucks. I have an 01/09 build though, yay.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DAMN!!! i just confirmed as well. I have an 02/07 production as well. Man i got screwed! I wanted the 03/07 production when i bought it and when i received mine in may, i was under the impression it was. Turns out, i missed it by 5 days!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My hardware number is 7566894

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast