Close

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    I haven't sorry, only downloaded the files from the torrent... Would it be easier to have you remote connect to my pc?? I'm up for whatever!

Its takes awhile to set up the laptop bro...First you have to configure Ediabas and load up the data and load the drivers for the cable and then importing the WinKFP takes time...Why dont you first readup on it and get at least INPA and NCSexpert working.. It takes well over an hour to configure it to work
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    boosted-M .... if and when you decide to do this LMK.... shoot me a text and ill try too
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cn555ic will be holding INPA/NCS Expert/Alpina TCM coding classes twice a week (at his convenience). Please PayPal him $250 for the seminar in advance & he will contact you via PM

Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just realized my INPA is for MSD80 and now i got MSD81 will it work anyway to read the car through INPA? any idea which files should be updated to go from MSD80 to MSD81?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I wonder if this alpina file would also resolve flatline issues as a side benefit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I wonder if this alpina file would also resolve flatline issues as a side benefit.
    I'll be pulling some logs today and will post them as soon as possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For everyone in the PNW, feel free to reach out to me for help. I know Steve will have his hands full, so hopefully I can help reduce the impact. text me at 503-679-3538

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    just realized my INPA is for MSD80 and now i got MSD81 will it work anyway to read the car through INPA? any idea which files should be updated to go from MSD80 to MSD81?
    It should be able to choose MDS80 and still work through to get to the UIF info to retrieve your ZB-num of your EGS module
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    For everyone in the PNW, feel free to reach out to me for help. I know Steve will have his hands full, so hopefully I can help reduce the impact. text me at 503-679-3538
    lol...I got a text from I think Germany or some Euro place, and a miss call from Germany early this morning! Couldnt reply back though as I dont have international Texting...Tried calling but number was not good...Anyone from this board? I dont even have number to post as my son woke up early and erased all my $#@!Click here to enlarge from my phone
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Cn555ic will be holding INPA/NCS Expert/Alpina TCM coding classes twice a week (at his convenience). Please PayPal him $250 for the seminar in advance & he will contact you via PM

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    It should be able to choose MDS80 and still work through to get to the UIF info to retrieve your ZB-num of your EGS module
    cool thanks thats my priority number 1. coding can wait.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Really weird, the BB community nails down the Alpina TCM flash in under a week & all of a sudden I'm starting to see a lot of familiar names from E90Post joining up as new members over here Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think is actually amazing the file is actually in the BMW SPdaten and nobody new. there are probably other alpina stuff in there. if i am not mistaken a Uk member of e90post payed A LOT to get this done in germany....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll be pulling some logs today and will post them as soon as possible.
    Did u ever flatline before?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This looks/sounds almost to good to be true!

Cn555ic,
    I am looking forward to your step by step. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    JB4/MHD | Alpina | Level10 VB | RB EVOs | RPI Quad Exhaust | AR DP's
    100% E85 | Port Injection | Fuel-It Stg 3 | DIY FMIC | ER CP W/Synapse BOV
    Best ET: 10.9 | Best MPH 133.4
    Fuel by Fuel-it! - http://www.fuel-it.biz/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, as most of you know, with Cn555ic's help we were able to flash my 07/07 e92 AT TCU with the Alpina code. Flash was quick, much quicker than I thought it would be. On startup I noticed a minor change in mode display. D has a silky smooth shift. S was more aggressive and down shifts were firmer. M mode paddle shifts are quicker and firm. I took video of 3rd to 4th pull. Unfortunately I ran out of road and couldn't get 4th to 5th. But what you can see is that the shift point is now 6800 rpm and it quickly drops back to 5400 rpm and starts pulling in 4th. Unfortunately I don't have a good comparison video, but I can tell you the shifts are quicker, firmer, and precise. All in all it was a great day. Just wish I had more time for testing, but it's just a little too cold. This pull was on 82% Ethanol and no meth on map1. Look forward to seeing how things change as it adapts. Also, as temps come up I can go back to map4 at 20 psi and meth. Click here to enlarge

Hopefully we can get this loaded on an upgraded turbo car that is having shift issues to see if it fixes the issue. Once we do, I'll get an update out here. I'll also try to get some more video. I know another AT car here in Portland that I tuned a few weeks back. Maybe I can get him to come over and we can get some comparison videos. If anyone has time, post up what you have as a comparison. I would like to see some more videos.

Bottom line... FLASH away... From what I can tell it was worth it.
    Tell us more Click here to enlarge

What startup screen mode changes did you notice?
    how much different does the shift feel? does it give you a solid jolt like an MT would? or is it still subtle like a true AT
    did the shift initiation delay (when using the paddles) change at all?

thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone have an idea if this will require a retrofit for those of us who do not have paddle shifters?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Waiting on that DIY, hope to get my car back in a day or two.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Deadwrong Click here to enlarge
    Anyone have an idea if this will require a retrofit for those of us who do not have paddle shifters?

You would definitely need the paddle shifters as it would throw an error code in the cluster since the TCU module would be coded as having paddles...Flashing the TCU, it also flashes the kombi at the same time..I am not sure you can code out the paddle shifter in the VO and it would work with the flash..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You would definitely need the paddle shifters as it would throw an error code in the cluster since the TCU module would be coded as having paddles...Flashing the TCU, it also flashes the kombi at the same time..I am not sure you can code out the paddle shifter in the VO and it would work with the flash..
    sent you a PM over on e90. i'd like to purchase your coding/flashing services Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    sent you a PM over on e90. i'd like to purchase your coding/flashing services Click here to enlarge
    oh, whoops. just checked my phone. thanks
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    Tell us more Click here to enlarge

What startup screen mode changes did you notice?
    how much different does the shift feel? does it give you a solid jolt like an MT would? or is it still subtle like a true AT
    did the shift initiation delay (when using the paddles) change at all?

thanks
    D is D1... SD is S1... and M is the same.

Shifts feel quicker, less lag. Not solid, but firm. I had issues with the delay in shift causing me to hit red line and throttle body would close and dump boost. Not seeing that now, but I also raised my red line prior to flashing the TCU to help prevent this. As you can see in the video, when it shifted, it quickly dropped back to 5400 and start pulling again.

It does feel more responsive on the paddles, but you'll just have to judge for yourself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Did u ever flatline before?
    Always, every shift would flatline, but I think it's how the TCU interfaces with the DME to pull torque. Do you know if other tunes other than PROcede have this issue?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol...I got a text from I think Germany or some Euro place, and a miss call from Germany early this morning! Couldnt reply back though as I dont have international Texting...Tried calling but number was not good...Anyone from this board? I dont even have number to post as my son woke up early and erased all my $#@!Click here to enlarge from my phone
    If they call back, and you need me to help just let me know. I speak a little German and have international calling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Really weird, the BB community nails down the Alpina TCM flash in under a week & all of a sudden I'm starting to see a lot of familiar names from E90Post joining up as new members over here Click here to enlarge
    Haha, it's just a dream, you can go back to sleep.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast