Close

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Well, as most of you know, with Cn555ic's help we were able to flash my 07/07 e92 AT TCU with the Alpina code. Flash was quick, much quicker than I thought it would be. On startup I noticed a minor change in mode display. D has a silky smooth shift. S was more aggressive and down shifts were firmer. M mode paddle shifts are quicker and firm. I took video of 3rd to 4th pull. Unfortunately I ran out of road and couldn't get 4th to 5th. But what you can see is that the shift point is now 6800 rpm and it quickly drops back to 5400 rpm and starts pulling in 4th. Unfortunately I don't have a good comparison video, but I can tell you the shifts are quicker, firmer, and precise. All in all it was a great day. Just wish I had more time for testing, but it's just a little too cold. This pull was on 82% Ethanol and no meth on map1. Look forward to seeing how things change as it adapts. Also, as temps come up I can go back to map4 at 20 psi and meth. Click here to enlarge

Hopefully we can get this loaded on an upgraded turbo car that is having shift issues to see if it fixes the issue. Once we do, I'll get an update out here. I'll also try to get some more video. I know another AT car here in Portland that I tuned a few weeks back. Maybe I can get him to come over and we can get some comparison videos. If anyone has time, post up what you have as a comparison. I would like to see some more videos.

Bottom line... FLASH away... From what I can tell it was worth it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Well, as most of you know, with Cn555ic's help we were able to flash my 07/07 e92 AT TCU with the Alpina code. Flash was quick, much quicker than I thought it would be. On startup I noticed a minor change in mode display. D has a silky smooth shift. S was more aggressive and down shifts were firmer. M mode paddle shifts are quicker and firm. I took video of 3rd to 4th pull. Unfortunately I ran out of road and couldn't get 4th to 5th. But what you can see is that the shift point is now 6800 rpm and it quickly drops back to 5400 rpm and starts pulling in 4th. Unfortunately I don't have a good comparison video, but I can tell you the shifts are quicker, firmer, and precise. All in all it was a great day. Just wish I had more time for testing, but it's just a little too cold. This pull was on 82% Ethanol and no meth on map1. Look forward to seeing how things change as it adapts. Also, as temps come up I can go back to map4 at 20 psi and meth. Click here to enlarge

Hopefully we can get this loaded on an upgraded turbo car that is having shift issues to see if it fixes the issue. Once we do, I'll get an update out here. I'll also try to get some more video. I know another AT car here in Portland that I tuned a few weeks back. Maybe I can get him to come over and we can get some comparison videos. If anyone has time, post up what you have as a comparison. I would like to see some more videos.

Bottom line... FLASH away... From what I can tell it was worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD0gdEbipog
    Thank you for being the guinea pig with this and great news that it's actually working. Did you get a chance to take any logs? I know you mentioned the weather isn't favorable, but I was really hoping to see if the Alpina flash not only would speed up shift times, but also address the timing flatline issue.

If I can get my hands on some GoPros & politely ask @Cn555ic to flash the Alpina TCM on my car, I'll do my best to share the results.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Thank you for being the guinea pig with this and great news that it's actually working. Did you get a chance to take any logs? I know you mentioned the weather isn't favorable, but I was really hoping to see if the Alpina flash not only would speed up shift times, but also address the timing flatline issue.

If I can get my hands on some GoPros & politely ask @Cn555ic to flash the Alpina TCM on my car, I'll do my best to share the results.
    Well, unfortunately it won't be much better than mid 40's for the next 10 days so I won't get into map4 like I want. I'll try to get some map1 logs pulled and see if timing is still dropping at shift. Tried getting in touch with Steve, but just got VM. Hopefully we can get him flashed as I think he's the only ST AT we can test on unless we have Sick or Terry flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

i wouldn't mind testing the flash at all, but once i get my car back.
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    i wouldn't mind testing the flash at all, but once i get my car back.
    If you don't have a cable or know someone local with a cable, get one ordered.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    If you don't have a cable or know someone local with a cable, get one ordered.
    i got it all Click here to enlarge

Just needing an empty day to swap my trans out. school/work... no time :/
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

haha, I know what you mean. Good luck Sammy. Look forward to seeing how the new trans works out. Hope the tcu flash helps. I know I like the way my trans is shifting now. Much better than stock. I can't wait to get out to play more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not sure what you mean, we can already flash the ECU (more commonly identified as the DME) via COBB AccessPORT, GIAC, RENNtech, ESS, etc
    I am referring to flashing the dme with the alpina dme rom ...it would be nice if cobb would impalement this into there access port so that all could turn there 335 into a alpina and revert back to stock when need be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    I am referring to flashing the dme with the alpina dme rom ...it would be nice if cobb would impalement this into there access port so that all could turn there 335 into a alpina and revert back to stock when need be.
    thats when copyright infringement takes place lol alpine would sue the $#@! out of cobb..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Could this be treated as just another unidentified new rom for cobb?....if not I guess we will all have to get handy with using wink.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Okay, I've got some good news for guys wanting a permanent solution for their 6AT transmissions.

I've been speaking with a few local Ford guys that coincidentally happen to have the exact same transmission in their cars.

There are some local workshops that have permanent solutions to upgrade the transmission, in stages depending on power output.

It does not seem cheap but it seems to be a better solution than the Level 10 option.

I'm still looking into it but it looks promising, especially since running between 500-700rwkw on their platform is pretty standard Click here to enlarge They are also running a dedicated transmission cooler as well and on their platform they are hitting 9/10s down the 1/4 quite easily.

I will probably go down this route after I upgrade my turbos, just waiting on a decent turbo upgrade for the RHD market.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW86 Click here to enlarge
    Okay, I've got some good news for guys wanting a permanent solution for their 6AT transmissions.

I've been speaking with a few local Ford guys that coincidentally happen to have the exact same transmission in their cars.

There are some local workshops that have permanent solutions to upgrade the transmission, in stages depending on power output.

It does not seem cheap but it seems to be a better solution than the Level 10 option.

I'm still looking into it but it looks promising, especially since there are quite a few cars running between 500-700rwkw. They are also running a dedicated transmission cooler as well and on their platform they are hitting 9/10s down the 1/4.

I will probably go down this route after I upgrade my turbos, just waiting on a decent upgrade for the RHD market.
    Very interesting...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW86 Click here to enlarge

I'm still looking into it but it looks promising, especially since running between 500-700rwkw on their platform is pretty standard Click here to enlarge They are also running a dedicated transmission cooler as well and on their platform they are hitting 9/10s down the 1/4 quite easily.

I will probably go down this route after I upgrade my turbos, just waiting on a decent turbo upgrade for the RHD market.
    I also understand the hyundai genesis 3.8L also has a 6hp19 trans like we do. Im sure there are options out there that don't need to pay the BMW tax.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Amazing guys...just simply amazing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

yeah sure Eric for the sake of running some concrete data to see if this Alpina B3 is a worthwhile and can solve the many issues we AT owners have. Give me a text . 917-939-4980

Steven
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Sammy you some bits but not all as you dont have WinKFP setup correctly just yet from the last time I saw your laptop...Lets see some more concrete data on this upgrade, but Wedge's feedback seems to be very very promising to say the least.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Can someone refer me to a complete step by step DIY? I'm up for some testing when I get my car back. If it works ill flash other local 6ATs for free, time permitting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

When I flash Eric's car I will take pics and post pics as a step by step using the Winkfp. Getting the software loaded correctly in terms of Winkfp , that you guys would have to get working correctly on your own. If you can't get it working on your own, Then you should not be attempting to program this in.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Ben, you or anyone can do this to my car... I am still unsure about coding... I spoke with boosted-M yesterday and he referred me to a few guys but if you can do it, Ill drive out to you one evening.. but i get married saturday and away until march 3rd so you may have your car back before that
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Ben, you or anyone can do this to my car... I am still unsure about coding... I spoke with boosted-M yesterday and he referred me to a few guys but if you can do it, Ill drive out to you one evening.. but i get married saturday and away until march 3rd so you may have your car back before that
    this is not coding. just flashing. i think is actually easier than to code modules with NCSExpert. if all files are correctly loaded in winkfp and correctly setup it should be pretty straightforward.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    yeah sure Eric for the sake of running some concrete data to see if this Alpina B3 is a worthwhile and can solve the many issues we AT owners have. Give me a text . 917-939-4980

Steven
    Steve,

I have the cable, all software downloaded and have free time today if your up to it.. Would be nice to see my vbox times before and after..!!
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    this is not coding. just flashing. i think is actually easier than to code modules with NCSExpert. if all files are correctly loaded in winkfp and correctly setup it should be pretty straightforward.
    Enrita...The process is pretty simple but you have to know what your doing, but I have seen and read so many that have FUBAR their cars playing around with WinKFP....Ncsexpert fixing the problem if it arises is simple but with WinKFP its not as simple as one may think..

The progress of this Alpina flash from the time it was first mentioned by Tomas on Feb 12 and having it working on our platform by Feb 17 is awesome! Now we need some hard data to see how this TCU flash effects those with heavily modded cars and those with ST setups..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    Steve,

I have the cable, all software downloaded and have free time today if your up to it.. Would be nice to see my vbox times before and after..!!

Have you already loaded the software and imported the files to WinKFP?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Enrita, Youre right sorry, i just used the wrong word... I can prob follow these steps and do it but if someone is more familar with using WinKFP i dont mind the drive and throwing them a few bucks... I will download the nessasary files and keep watching... at work now so I will get everyhting but the 11gig file which ill do at home..

I have the cable and have coded injectors but that is where i stopped as far as coding or flashing goes.

Thanks to everyone in here for your efforts
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Have you already loaded the software and imported the files to WinKFP?
    I haven't sorry, only downloaded the files from the torrent... Would it be easier to have you remote connect to my pc?? I'm up for whatever!
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast