07/07 build
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    07/07 build
    Click here to enlarge nice !!!! than it should work on my car as well!!! awesome!!!!!
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great news. Wonder what/how it changed
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Were all modules flashed.....or just the tcu at this time....any luck on flashing the ecu?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    any luck on flashing the ecu?
    Not sure what you mean, we can already flash the ECU (more commonly identified as the DME) via COBB AccessPORT, GIAC, RENNtech, ESS, etc
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Great news. Wonder what/how it changed
    i guess the biggest plus is that the TCU can take much more torque without complaining since its calibrated for an engine with 400 hp crank and 500 nm torque. You will soon find out ;-)
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    His Kombi also changed with gear selection showing differently so it also programmed the cluster along with the TCU. The programming took the most 10 minutes if that from start to finish
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 02-17-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    i guess the biggest plus is that the TCU can take much more torque without complaining since its calibrated for an engine with 400 hp crank and 500 nm torque. You will soon find out ;-)
    Thats the best part of it!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Really awesome stuff guys. Can't wait to see how it affects power deliver on high output tunes
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Really awesome stuff guys. Can't wait to see how it affects power deliver on high output tunes
    Wedge1967 is pushing his car to the limits so his feedback here should give a good indicator at his power levels on how this new Alpina B3 TCU software works with his car. I would suspect its a night and day difference.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    do you want me to try the 7615836 to see if references the 7591971 file automatically like it did with the 7615835?
    @Cn555ic sorry, I went to sleep. I'm not really sure how to proceed, but it looks like you got it working. What specific files did you use on Wedge's car? Also what Zusb #?

It was only in the mid 20's this weekend and I had some computer trouble so I didn't get to play around with my car which has a build date or 10/06. Hopefully tomorrow after work I can get out there and make sure everything works with my computer software.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wedge1967 is pushing his car to the limits so his feedback here should give a good indicator at his power levels on how this new Alpina B3 TCU software works with his car. I would suspect its a night and day difference.
    Cool. Natural progression from here would be to crack open the Alpina file (like many of the flash tunes did in the past with DME programming) and see what can be changed further from what they've done.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    @Cn555ic sorry, I went to sleep. I'm not really sure how to proceed, but it looks like you got it working. What specific files did you use on Wedge's car? Also what Zusb #?

It was only in the mid 20's this weekend and I had some computer trouble so I didn't get to play around with my car which has a build date or 10/06. Hopefully tomorrow after work I can get out there and make sure everything works with my computer software.
    The ZB-number was indeed what Tomas stated to use 7615835 which automatically referenced the Alpina B3 7591471.Opa
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    and this is why BB is better than E90 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool. Natural progression from here would be to crack open the Alpina file (like many of the flash tunes did in the past with DME programming) and see what can be changed further from what they've done.
    I am sure the guys at Cobb will take a look at this in no time if it pans out to work with almost all MY cars, or at least they should..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The ZB-number was indeed what Tomas stated to use 7615835 which automatically referenced the Alpina B3 7591471.Opa
    Did it upload a different 0DA file, or did it stick with what was there? Do you happen to know which 0DA file got used in the end?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Steve I hear birds chirp there now...I feel like I am so alone there with tech stuff..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Did it upload a different 0DA file, or did it stick with what was there? Do you happen to know which 0DA file got used in the end?
    Oh what ever you load into Winkfp it will stick as we are forcing the programming in from the configurations settings that we did prior to coding...As long as you pick the ZB-num it will program it...One note the TCU module can be coded a total of 62 times! lol

After the 62 the unit is no longer able to code!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What the hell is going on with all these double post! This forum must be buzzing with excitement!lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    and this is why BB is better than E90 Click here to enlarge
    Cause at BB, we....
    Attachment 26443

Steve I hear birds chirp there now...I feel like I am so alone there with tech stuff..
    If you posted this exact same thread over there, the 1st comment would prob be "so what kinda tune/intake/fmic/dps you selling?"
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Talked to Wedge today he is very happy and excited about the progress of the TCU software. We also discussed sending him my Vbox for some specific testing and logging. Wedge's car did very well at Shift Sector so his Vbox and log numbers should be good. Can wait to crack this update open for my car.

Side note I will say that everyone was new to BMW at some point and the progress here is due to diligent work from Cn555IC and Wedge for being the guinie pig. Both of which are active members of the other forum and you all may be right people that post are less experienced than the more outspoken here. That does not mean they are not there lurking and not posting on both forums Click here to enlarge Lets keep the progress going and really push things this year. I know I wwill be as my Trans is on a truck to NJ!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Guys this is awesome :3
    Im just sitting here reading with excitement. I'm coding illiterate. but trans flash = Click here to enlarge

hopefully upgraded VB+Higher stall Tqverter+ perfectly used trans and flash will be great.
    Last edited by sammy_0559; 02-17-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    Guys this is awesome :3
    Im just sitting here reading with excitement. I'm coding illiterate. but trans flash = Click here to enlarge
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would be most interested to see some logs of rpm over time so we can get some quantitative proof that the transmission is shifting differently.
    Last edited by ajm8127; 02-17-2013 at 11:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can't wait to hear more about this as testing is completed. I've downloaded the torrent, but before I buy a cable will this work on my 5/07 US build?

also, any cable recommendations?

Serious thanks to everyone working to figure this out and test for the rest of us.
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast