Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

535 E85 Dyno Testing, 146rw delta

Hey guys,

Had a chance to do a before/after dyno comparison on a 535 N54 today. He's running the BMS DCI, a custom catback system, and a $100 inline fuel pump. Factory downpipes, IC, etc.

To start we ran 91 octane bone stock. Then we added the JB4 G5 ISO, BMS Flash, and 60% E85. Did a few adaption runs on map 5 which peaked out around 410rw. Then we kicked it over to map 7 and pushed it up a bit further. For kicks I dialed boost up a bit further using map 6 and picked up a bit more power, but he had an orignal plug in #6 (had only replaced 1-5) which would misfire at high RPM so we left boost lower at redline.

Up next I understand he will be adding downpipes and we'll retest to see the gains. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Very nice delta with little mods...
    Is this manual or auto?
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

It's an automatic.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Wow love seeing info on my 5 series, its rare to see anyone really pushing them, makes me feel good about what our heavy cars can do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Got any logs? Curious to see how much boost those factory downpipes are able to handle. Did his exhaust delete the mid-pipe cats?
    2007 BMW 335i 6MT / Alpine Weiss
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

nice results, how much boost are we talking about here? timing? is that inline pump doing a good job?
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

i dont think its possible to get more sleeper than this ride
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Here are logs from map 5, 6, and 7. Not sure on the exhaust system. I would assume midcats were removed as it was a bit loud considering it had factory downpipes.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1831 Post(s)

Very, very nice before/after...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Terry, is the lpfp install on the 5 similar to the 3 or is there significant differences between the two?