Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge

• ATR (AccessTuner RACE) -- For any customer using the COBB tune, allows you to create your own tune (has several limitations in place to prevent you from blowing your engine/turbos)
    • ATP (AccessTuner PRO) -- Only used by COBB ProTuners; requires an access key to use & has additional tuning features not available in ATR.

Currently, tuning through ATR is the only way to go above the 21.5psi limit. Like rader said, I don't know if every COBB N54 tuner has this "privilege", but the PTF guys seem to be of the "chosen few"
    you mean atp yes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    you mean atp yes?
    Lol yes.... Too much back & forth between ATP + ATR
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You can run ANY of the currently available tunes for the N54 with the Vargas Stage 3s -- COBB, JB4, PROcede, RENNtech, Eurocharged, GIAC, Evolve, Active Autowerke, etc. Because the turbo kit operates in the exact same manner as OEM, all you'll need to do is change the TMAP sensor. Just make sure whoever tunes the car knows what they're doing, like Tony said, someone who doesn't know what they're doing can break something.
    Exactly. That's not that hard to figure out. That's how I did it too for my car. I bought the turbo kit/hardware. I looked for the most reputable tuner that has experience in the bigger turbo field for my car. As I would think you guys know who the top dogs of the n54 scene is. Buy the kit, choose a tuner and come tell us the results. I did it with my car you guys can do it too. Will be interesting to see the way power comes in for different tuners with the same size turbos and fueling.

Ps I tried repping you but seems like I've been repping you a lot lately.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Did everyone fail to see that Dzenno was running 25psi on his RB's after putting the cylinder head on? Cobb ran the n20 map sensor on their RB powered car, which is why the MAP sensor voltage scale is exposed in ATR/ATP, but you need race code to allow you to go past the 1.28 bar limit.
    What is the max he hit out of curiosity?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    As I said, you guys can keep fighting amoungst yourselves. I have it straight from him that we have a limit, and he is working on it. End of discussion
    This is what throws me off from the guys saying oh no prob.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Ps I tried repping you but seems like I've been repping you a lot lately.
    It's all good, feelin the BB love.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge

Does procede work with an N20 OEM TMAP sensor? Does anyone know?
    There is a menu for scaling. Put in voltages relating to gauge pressure it's done. I can find the exact menu if you are having trouble locating it. I think there was a thread on nazipost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ever pull the high RPM codes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is the car running ok? When will you dyno it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Is the car running ok? When will you dyno it?
    Car us running great, not a single issue, parallel fuel pump system works flawlessly, popped the 20 amp fuse once, put a 30 in it, no more issues. Clutch is almost broken in, Cobb is sending me an AP and the procede will be removed as soon as I get it. Then we will begin remote tuning to get it close before Jake flies out here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Car us running great, not a single issue, parallel fuel pump system works flawlessly, popped the 20 amp fuse once, put a 30 in it, no more issues. Clutch is almost broken in, Cobb is sending me an AP and the procede will be removed as soon as I get it. Then we will begin remote tuning to get it close before Jake flies out here.
    Awesome!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Freakin' sweet. How are the stage 2 parts coming along?(I'm sure you're probably get tired of hearing that, but i'm starting to get super excited)
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Freakin' sweet. How are the stage 2 parts coming along?(I'm sure you're probably get tired of hearing that, but i'm starting to get super excited)
    Allen, I am actually taking today to basically get the stage 2's ready so when the final parts come in I can literally have the arms welded, plug the CHRA's into the housings, box, and ship.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Allen, I am actually taking today to basically get the stage 2's ready so when the final parts come in I can literally have the arms welded, plug the CHRA's into the housings, box, and ship.
    AWESOMEClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good news!
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice... good times in n54 land...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice... just need the flapper supplier to actually come through
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's good to hear!
    Can you feel the increased lag due to the increased A/R? I know this is a bit premature since the spool can be enhanced by tuning, but you might still have an idea of it already?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    BTW - I said my turbos were going...

at 29k, it started smoking... I had a old pcv from my old 135 (swapped for rb one and kept oem one) that smoked a little but not terribly so i changed my oem one for that one and the smoking stayed the same... so i suspected it was the turbos.. but it sat very uneasy with me that it smoked so much on decel but he car boosted fine so i ordered the RB PCV which i had on my 135i ...

Replaced the second oem one with the RB PCV and the smoke is gone...

I feel stupid for assuming but this should be noted because im postive many people out there have bad pcvs esp over 40k... BMW doesnt make it a servicable part and instead one with the valve cover which is bs, but the RB one is 40 bucks and far superior so it makes no sense to not get it regardless if yours is good or not.

but i am a beta and will be away from feb 24th to march 3rd (8 days) when i get home I will dyno the car if I cant make it to the dyno this week, and than install the turbos by the end of that week... ill have before and after dynos... i dont have a before 60-130 bc i dont feel like going 130 with snow rubber on but ill throw good rubber on and do vbox testing with tonys asap....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567