Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know of atleast 1 ATP user running over the 1.28 bar boost cap.
    Without stacking anything? So how he is getting around the cap? Just newer ATR software?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Ps the car has about 50 miles on it. Took it to the local canyon to put some miles on the clutch, boost capped at 8 psi. The DME thinks it is controlling stock turbos as it retains complete control over the actuators, not so much as hiccup of a check engine light all the way up in the rev band. This is exactly why we went through all the extra trouble to build this kit. Oh, didn't bother with an in car video of spool. The turbos are virtually silent at 8 psi. You literally cannot hear them. Maybe at 25 PSI they will open up a bit, 8 psi is like training wheels, they are yawning at me.
    LMAO ! Even at 8psi how is the performance ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

There is a 1.28 bar boost cap in place in ATR. However, rumor has it that a certain VTT stage 2+ beta tester will be testing some new ATR software that will make use of the N20 TMAP sensor...

I know of atleast 1 ATP user running over the 1.28 bar boost cap. So it is infact available, whether it is universally available to the protuners i don't know.
    As Tony said, running above 21.5psi is not really supported by Cobb. However, piggies can do it, so stacking tunes helps.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Without stacking anything? So how he is getting around the cap? Just newer ATR software?
    Sounds like special release "beta" software. Probably works by identifying N20 TMAP sensor (OEM part, easy swap that'll work with the DME) and let the user to raise boost. My guess is that COBB has that boost limit so nobody goes & destroys their OEM snails.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

No stacking involved. Notice i said ATP(Access Tuner Pro) so i don't know if he's running updated/BETA software or if all the protuners can do it.

The guy that will be using ATR will be using BETA software that not universally available.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)

No stacking involved. Notice i said ATP(Access Tuner Pro) so i don't know if he's running updated/BETA software or if all the protuners can do it.

The guy that will be using ATR will be using BETA software that not universally available.
    Somewhat confusing but if one guy is doing it that bodes well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Somewhat confusing but if one guy is doing it that bodes well.

• ATR (AccessTuner RACE) -- For any customer using the COBB tune, allows you to create your own tune (has several limitations in place to prevent you from blowing your engine/turbos)
    • ATP (AccessTuner PRO) -- Only used by COBB ProTuners; requires an access key to use & has additional tuning features not available in ATR.

Currently, tuning through ATR is the only way to go above the 21.5psi limit. Like rader said, I don't know if every COBB N54 tuner has this "privilege", but the PTF guys seem to be of the "chosen few"

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Currently, tuning through ATR is the only way to go above the 21.5psi limit.
    But only one guy is supposedly doing it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I REALLY need to find an MT 335 (or pray for a legit AT upgrade & then a final drive swap to enjoy the top end power the Stage 3s will provide
    Well you've got a few months. So start searching! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I thought the 21.5 psi limit was because of the tmap sensor. The way around this is to put the wider range tmap sensor in and know that what the COBB thinks is 8psi is really 10psi (or however the scale works out.)

Is this correct?
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    I thought the 21.5 psi limit was because of the tmap sensor. The way around this is to put the wider range tmap sensor in and know that what the COBB thinks is 8psi is really 10psi (or however the scale works out.)

Is this correct?
    N20 TMAP sensor & permission to run boost above 21.5psi; no scaling adjustments to fool the DME into running a higher boost (otherwise your datalogs, live data reading and gauges running off the OBD/DME would all be off or need to be rescaled).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

N20 TMAP sensor & permission to run boost above 21.5psi; no scaling adjustments to fool the DME into running a higher boost (otherwise your datalogs, live data reading and gauges running off the OBD/DME would all be off or need to be rescaled).
    Yep.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)

There is a 1.28 bar boost cap in place in ATR. However, rumor has it that a certain VTT stage 2+ beta tester will be testing some new ATR software that will make use of the N20 TMAP sensor...

I know of atleast 1 ATP user running over the 1.28 bar boost cap. So it is infact available, whether it is universally available to the protuners i don't know.
    You guys fight it out. I know what I was told and they are doing their best to handle it before we tune.
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
    N55 World Record: 11.4 ET / 123MPH(AT) - 11.7ET / 122.7MPH(MT)
    N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 681WHP / 658WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record: 585WHP / 537WTQ
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Website - Email

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

If the DME software is too old, the boost cap is 1.28 bar (~18.6 psi). With newer DME software PTF can supposedly make the COBB go up to the sensor cap @ 21.5 psi. That is at least my understanding. I also have a map I need to test out, but I haven't seen a dry road in months, so no WOT testing for me on my new PTF map, nor my new BMS flash maps either.....

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to the results with this Stage 3 kit. And not just the hp/torque numbers, also what potential bottlenecks will be overcome etc.
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Did everyone fail to see that Dzenno was running 25psi on his RB's after putting the cylinder head on? Cobb ran the n20 map sensor on their RB powered car, which is why the MAP sensor voltage scale is exposed in ATR/ATP, but you need race code to allow you to go past the 1.28 bar limit.
    2007 BMW 335i 6MT / Alpine Weiss
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I knew someone had seen this LOL.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Did everyone fail to see that Dzenno was running 25psi on his RB's after putting the cylinder head on? Cobb ran the n20 map sensor on their RB powered car, which is why the MAP sensor voltage scale is exposed in ATR/ATP, but you need race code to allow you to go past the 1.28 bar limit.
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: For Sale

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    As I said, you guys can keep fighting amoungst yourselves. I have it straight from him that we have a limit, and he is working on it. End of discussion
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Website - Email

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    He said Cobb didn't support it for datalog scaling which means they would be tuning in the dark. A good way to blow the engine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    As I said, you guys can keep fighting amoungst yourselves. I have it straight from him that we have a limit, and he is working on it. End of discussion
    I like this.

Tony, super excited about the progress, keep it up!

Im really glad I went Cobb + HSF4 when i did. It will save me a lot later on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Without the inlet tubes intact how is the High Load PCV being addressed (vacuum on crankcase at positive manifold pressures)? Also were you able to get any pics of the rear turbo and the custom filter installed? It would be interesting to see how it is positioned and clearanced at the firewall. If that isn’t attainable while assembled even a pic of the custom (offset pancake) filter you mentioned as using would be cool to see in itself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    He said Cobb didn't support it for datalog scaling which means they would be tuning in the dark. A good way to blow the engine.
    Engines are over rated Click here to enlarge. External wideband + Boost gauge should do the trick for the time being.
    2007 BMW 335i 6MT / Alpine Weiss
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Without the inlet tubes intact how is the High Load PCV being addressed (vacuum on crankcase at positive manifold pressures)? Also were you able to get any pics of the rear turbo and the custom filter installed? It would be interesting to see how it is positioned and clearanced at the firewall. If that isn’t attainable while assembled even a pic of the custom (offset pancake) filter you mentioned as using would be cool to see in itself.
    For right now I have a Crankcase vent on it. BMS OCC was ordered today, You really cant see the rear filter with the DP's on. I should have snapped one before. Its the same shape as the front, just offset and slightly shorter. The pancake ended up not working.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

@Jake@Eurocharged.com could prob tune this right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    why are you guys so worried about it, its not VTTs job to tune it.. they did their part..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CubanJJ09 Click here to enlarge
    Jake@Eurocharged.com could prob tune this right?
    You can run ANY of the currently available tunes for the N54 with the Vargas Stage 3s -- COBB, JB4, PROcede, RENNtech, Eurocharged, GIAC, Evolve, Active Autowerke, etc. Because the turbo kit operates in the exact same manner as OEM, all you'll need to do is change the TMAP sensor. Just make sure whoever tunes the car knows what they're doing, like Tony said, someone who doesn't know what they're doing can break something.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast