procede tuner Click here to enlargefacepalmClick here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    procede tuner Click here to enlargefacepalmClick here to enlarge
    The good news is this kit can be tuned using ANY tune. Great, isn't it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure if I missed it in any of the other threads, but why procede as the tune? I thought it was going to be ptf protuned (cobb) since dzenno would be the first person to tune this thing?
    Car has a procede on it already. Dzenno told me it was actually better to just stack the cobb flash on top of it and run as is rather then spend then money to change it over. But yes the good news is. This will be able to be tuned with any tuner.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure if I missed it in any of the other threads, but why procede as the tune? I thought it was going to be ptf protuned (cobb) since dzenno would be the first person to tune this thing?
    I'm sure Dzenno will bring a COBB AP with him to tune it properly. Doubt Vargas/Dzenno want to ship the DME to Shiv to get flashed even if he's nearby. It's just a hassle Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    The good news is this kit can be tuned using ANY tune. Great, isn't it.
    That is great news, I hope to be one of 1 stage3 owners vargas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Ok check engine light fixed and misfire gone. Bad connection at coil cyl #1. Pulled coil and plug to be sure, put it back together and Running PERFECT. As soon as the clutch line shows up and we get it bled its time to get it on the road. I love when you change like 8 million things on a car and its something as simple as a bad connection. Here we go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-kwbvcRGLU
    Sounds beautiful. Can't wait to see a dyno!!!!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2100+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Me likey! Will this fit in the 135i, there is a touch less room to work with in the engine bay.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Ok check engine light fixed and misfire gone. Bad connection at coil cyl #1. Pulled coil and plug to be sure, put it back together and Running PERFECT. As soon as the clutch line shows up and we get it bled its time to get it on the road. I love when you change like 8 million things on a car and its something as simple as a bad connection. Here we go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-kwbvcRGLU
    I REALLY need to find an MT 335 (or pray for a legit AT upgrade & then a final drive swap to enjoy the top end power the Stage 3s will provide
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I was told the stage 3 production kit is about 6 months away!

Save $1.5k a month for 6 months or just go with Stage 2...that's my dilemma Click here to enlarge
    I don't see what could take that long.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    right on time

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I don't see what could take that long.
    Then you don't really understand production I guess. Taking a prototype, doing R&D, tuning, dyno, track time, then pulling the kit back off, sending the parts out to get quoted, then actually made, then putting together a prototype production kit to make sure everything fits. That's an easy 6 months, if you have reasonable time frames. But hey if you want to make one quicker, we will buy them from you...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome work Tony, That thing sounds wicked. Is there an exhaust on it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony stop lying to us cause this is just too good to be true!!
    Nice work fingers crossed for some real nice results from the dyno
    Mods: Cobb v3, Aquamist hfs-4, BMS DCI, AR Design DP's, ETS FMIC, ETS Charge Pipe, HKS SSQV BOV, BMS CDV, BMS OCC, BMS Clutch Stop & ptf twin disc clutch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJrep335i Click here to enlarge
    Awesome work Tony, That thing sounds wicked. Is there an exhaust on it?
    HKS exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Get rid of that Procede and start with a better base like the JB4 G5. It's light years ahead of that crap ass tune. I'm sure Terry will send you one cause we all want this car tuned right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    Get rid of that Procede and start with a better base like the JB4 G5. It's light years ahead of that crap ass tune. I'm sure Terry will send you one cause we all want this car tuned right.
    lol nice of you to spend Terry's money!!
    Maybe he would swap one for a stage 3 set up im sure Tony won't mind!!!
    Mods: Cobb v3, Aquamist hfs-4, BMS DCI, AR Design DP's, ETS FMIC, ETS Charge Pipe, HKS SSQV BOV, BMS CDV, BMS OCC, BMS Clutch Stop & ptf twin disc clutch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    I'm leaving it up to Dzenno, he said its not a problem running it with the Cobb flash for now. We will be testing out all the tunes on it. Just need to get that clutch broken in. I have no argument that a JB4 G5 will work wonders, but starting out slow thats the best way to go with a new product. If I was smart I would have just got it running and tuned it then released info. But here we are now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    keep doing what your doing, forward progress with no BS or "excuses" is all we ask.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure Dzenno will bring a COBB AP with him to tune it properly. Doubt Vargas/Dzenno want to ship the DME to Shiv to get flashed even if he's nearby. It's just a hassle Click here to enlarge
    As mentioned before we'll try to do our best with the hardware already on the car to get the car tuned. Tony doesn't have an Aquamist HFS-4 kit on this car which would've had an integrated meth failsafe. He has a Snow kit. Since Procede is already on this car I don't see why we wouldn't use it for meth control and fail safety.

Does procede work with an N20 OEM TMAP sensor? Does anyone know?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    As mentioned before we'll try to do our best with the hardware already on the car to get the car tuned. Tony doesn't have an Aquamist HFS-4 kit on this car which would've had an integrated meth failsafe. He has a Snow kit. Since Procede is already on this car I don't see why we wouldn't use it for meth control and fail safety.

I think some people are just against the procede, but I think it should be able to handle the job just fine as well and serve your purpose.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge

I actually got a used procede PWM meth kit, and they use they use a 3.5 bar map on the single cars so I am assuming it should integrate. Terry if you are willing to give me a great deal on a JB4 I have no problem swapping it over. Just in my convos with Dzenno he said to just leave it as is for now. These discussions are why I wish I just got it running and tuned, then released info, everyone is an expert. And not sure what LM is referring to. Pretty sure we have done everything except use any BS or excuses. We say we are building something and we build it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I actually got a used procede PWM meth kit, and they use they use a 3.5 bar map on the single cars so I am assuming it should integrate. Terry if you are willing to give me a great deal on a JB4 I have no problem swapping it over. Just in my convos with Dzenno he said to just leave it as is for now. These discussions are why I wish I just got it running and tuned, then released info, everyone is an expert. And not sure what LM is referring to. Pretty sure we have done everything except use any BS or excuses. We say we are building something and we build it.
    I think LM is just saying that as a side note, not that you are doing anything wrong. As we've experienced a little bovine fecal matter in the past.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    And not sure what LM is referring to. Pretty sure we have done everything except use any BS or excuses. We say we are building something and we build it.
    I meant keep doing what your doing, its the right track, with the right attitude and process i was adamant about before. STG3 is surely what people are waiting for, myself included. things might get slow, not an issue, forward progress is all we ask. Things may go wrong, but no bs excuses like a certain other vendor is known for, is what we dont want..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I think some people are just against the procede, but I think it should be able to handle the job just fine as well and serve your purpose.
    I've never been "against" the procede. That would make no sense. It was the first to run isolated boost control on this platform way before the JB. I ran it for 3 years and it performed really well on my stock turbo setup. With the JB we don't get the fine grained end user configurability in the software that we get can get with the Procede user interface. I personally don't care if its procede or jb doing what piggybacks do well these days when/where required.

I've always just simply been against overhyped marketing and people who'll persistently tell you how wrong you are only to one day, shamelessly without excuse, literally follow suit (e.g. flash to get more fuel, stack a piggy for boost and let flash do the timing/fuel/vanos, among others..). That's in the past, severely beaten to death topic and people hopefully change.

On another note, if this were an externally wastegated setup it'd see a 3rd party electronic boost controller from the getgo (although I've got some ideas on getting it working with just Cobb) to control the external wastegate. We'll play with that very soon too Click here to enlarge

My only worry is, imagine you have a weekend to get this done Click here to enlarge I really wish this kit made it up here so we could tinker with it and not feel rushed. Hopefully it'll all work out quickly and smoothly but like anything new, won't bet money on it. It'd be pretty crazy to pull it all off in a single weekend LOL
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 02-12-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've never been "against" the procede. That would make no sense. It was the first to run isolated boost control on this platform way before the JB. I ran it for 3 years and it performed really well on my stock turbo setup. With the JB we don't get the fine grained end user configurability in the software that we get can get with the Procede user interface. I personally don't care if its procede or jb doing what piggybacks do well these days when/where required.
    Not directed at you. I'm just replying to dzenno's comment about using the procede anyway. I feel some people would prefer to see it tuned with jb4 first for bragging rights, when in reality the procede should work just fine as I feel is also dzennos position, regarding being sufficient and not warranting swapping it out.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast