Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I bet that stock clutch is going to hate you LOL.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Got meth running and took some logs today. I was expecting the turn signals to turn on while meth was running and they were not so I thought meth was not working. But after checking the logs, meth was indeed flowing. I need to get in touch with Vishnu or another ST customer to see what there settings are because I am only getting 18psi currently. Overboost limit is 0-20 so not sure about that. Also I did see some turn signal flashing... right around 5500-7000 so it looks like the DMFW can't handle 18psi. But the clutch can so far.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Looks like my waterpump was on its way out (cracks in cylinder.) Also note the strength of the magnet, holding the ~5lb pump with a socket.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TCW Click here to enlarge
    Got meth running and took some logs today. I was expecting the turn signals to turn on while meth was running and they were not so I thought meth was not working. But after checking the logs, meth was indeed flowing. I need to get in touch with Vishnu or another ST customer to see what there settings are because I am only getting 18psi currently. Overboost limit is 0-20 so not sure about that. Also I did see some turn signal flashing... right around 5500-7000 so it looks like the DMFW can't handle 18psi. But the clutch can so far.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...d8e67e32-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...65c6f3c4-1.jpg
    Nice! Timing looks good, but AFR is really rich. I'd consider low 11's conservative, low 12's nice, 13's spicy (eth), but low 10's a bog / power rob.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That noise is the purge valve that is located under the throttle body. It will come on and off this is normal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JakeB Click here to enlarge
    That noise is the purge valve that is located under the throttle body. It will come on and off this is normal.
    Thanks for the reply.

Just an update, got meth detection working right. I am seeing about 22-23 psi right now. The stock clutch it holding surprisingly, but the DMFW is throwing misfires at 5500+ rpms (doesn't really bog, just the turn signals flashing). When I push in the clutch I can feel it oscillating back and forth for a second after these pulls. Losing traction in 3rd gear around 70-80 (mid-30's) without the quafie yet. Also I have had the LPFP give up on me twice so far in the upper rpm pulls. Logs show the voltage dropping to 1V then fuel trims stay at 0, A/F at 22, limp mode light comes on, and the car has 0 power (struggles to get past 25 mph.) Although this is fixed with a restart of the car. The first time this happened I was worried until I restarted it. Needless to say I ordered a Walbro 450 to replace it.

I am getting limp modes also if I floor it at say 1500 rpms in 4th gear after 5 seconds or so. I assume this is because the car thinks it has a boost leak since it can't reach target boost for that period of time. Although this limp mode does nothing as the DME doesn't control the WG (as oppose to it cutting fuel in the above limp mode).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I am getting limp modes also if I floor it at say 1500 rpms in 4th gear after 5 seconds or so.
    Isn't this generally considered bad practice? I've read in the past that people recommend not doing this, I don't know why. If someone could explain or point me to some reference I'd like to read up on it.

Thanks for the update TCW, hope you're able to get all the kinks worked out soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply.

Just an update, got meth detection working right. I am seeing about 22-23 psi right now. The stock clutch it holding surprisingly, but the DMFW is throwing misfires at 5500+ rpms (doesn't really bog, just the turn signals flashing). When I push in the clutch I can feel it oscillating back and forth for a second after these pulls. Losing traction in 3rd gear around 70-80 (mid-30's) without the quafie yet. Also I have had the LPFP give up on me twice so far in the upper rpm pulls. Logs show the voltage dropping to 1V then fuel trims stay at 0, A/F at 22, limp mode light comes on, and the car has 0 power (struggles to get past 25 mph.) Although this is fixed with a restart of the car. The first time this happened I was worried until I restarted it. Needless to say I ordered a Walbro 450 to replace it.

I am getting limp modes also if I floor it at say 1500 rpms in 4th gear after 5 seconds or so. I assume this is because the car thinks it has a boost leak since it can't reach target boost for that period of time. Although this limp mode does nothing as the DME doesn't control the WG (as oppose to it cutting fuel in the above limp mode).
    Dual Mass Flywheel... Need to upgrade to single mass.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yea I already have a steel SMFW along with a Spec 2+, its going in during March.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply.

Just an update, got meth detection working right. I am seeing about 22-23 psi right now. The stock clutch is holding surprisingly, but the DMFW is throwing misfires at 5500+ rpms (doesn't really bog, just the turn signals flashing). When I push in the clutch I can feel it oscillating back and forth for a second after these pulls. Losing traction in 3rd gear around 70-80 (mid-30's) without the quafie yet. Also I have had the LPFP give up on me twice so far in the upper rpm pulls. Logs show the voltage dropping to 1V then fuel trims stay at 0, A/F at 22, limp mode light comes on, and the car has 0 power (struggles to get past 25 mph.) Although this is fixed with a restart of the car. The first time this happened I was worried until I restarted it. Needless to say I ordered a Walbro 450 to replace it.
    Not for long it wont lol
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234