Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks good!
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    As far as stage 2's go Tony is dependent on other people making parts, out of spec the first time, and shipping them when they say they are. Nothing he could really do there to speed them along the way I see it. Stage 3's were built in house with readily available turbos, and a dedicated person wanting to push this platform to the next level. Keep it up Tony!
    i know, it's just frustrating seeing all the awesome development with this much more complex setup... and then the way more simple stage 2's just sit waiting for weeks and weeks for one component. I would definitely never use that supplier ever again if it were me. I'm sure that's the case but god damn whomever is supplying that component should never be used again
    Last edited by jpsimon; 02-09-2013 at 11:17 PM.
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Beast!!
    E92 FBO Cobb stage 2+

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure that's the case but god damn whomever is supplying that component should never be used again
    What would you say if it came in the wrong size, etc? lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not being critical of Tony in any way. I just want to test these stage 2 turbos already! I hope he can find another supplier after this first batch is all done for everyone else's sake. it's just frustrating when this entire custom stage 3 setup is going to be up and running and we sit here waiting for some flaps... for weeks/months. Just goes to show: if you're gonna do something right you gotta do it yourself.
    BSM 340xi M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not being critical of Tony, I just want to test these stage 2 turbos! I hope he can find another supplier after this first batch is all done.
    no no, i'm just curious what your reaction would be. I think maybe you'd be taking up a knife next!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Torches would have been lit soon after their first $#@! up. I don't see how there was any confusion to begin with, but $#@!... I would have been pissed. Everything else came together so nicely, and this one supplier can't get their $#@! together from the start. Is English not their first language or something? (not that there is anything wrong with that).
    BSM 340xi M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Damn you lhd guys are so lucky!

looks amazing!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    As far as stage 2's go Tony is dependent on other people making parts, out of spec the first time, and shipping them when they say they are. Nothing he could really do there to speed them along the way I see it. Stage 3's were built in house with readily available turbos, and a dedicated person wanting to push this platform to the next level. Keep it up Tony!
    Jonah, I literally have had Stage 2 CHRA's sitting on my bench built for about a month. Not really much I can do when the people promising me parts keep pushing. Instead of sitting on my hands and waiting I went ahead and got this done, while preparing everything so stage 2's can ship as soon as I get the parts in. It wont be too much longer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Both turbos are in, 2 nuts left on the front one to tighten. I only threw tools a couple times after my arms went to sleep from reaching up. A couple of these nuts are a real $#@!. But you can get to them all with some patience. Planned on getting most of it in tonight, I'll go to around 11 and see how much I can get done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Both turbos are in, 2 nuts left on the front one to tighten. I only threw tools a couple times after my arms went to sleep from reaching up. A couple of these nuts are a real $#@!. But you can get to them all with some patience. Planned on getting most of it in tonight, I'll go to around 11 and see how much I can get done.
    GO TONY! I'm AMK!(At my keyboard)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL nice!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

i know, it's just frustrating seeing all the awesome development with this much more complex setup... and then the way more simple stage 2's just sit waiting for weeks and weeks for one component. I would definitely never use that supplier ever again if it were me. I'm sure that's the case but god damn whomever is supplying that component should never be used again
    I feel your pain! I waited for 3 months after paying for rbs and then tony came on the scene announcing stage 3's and I was tired of waiting for Rob I sold the rbs before even taking delivery.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    That looks amazing. These are twin 28rs?
    I believe they are GTX2863Rs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sick as what the Leafs did to the Habs tonight. Go Vargas, Go Leafs!
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    2863 are one of the more responsive sizes correct?

so if these do good numbers (which i believe they will), imagine the larger turbines Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Thank you.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah, just as I've put RBs in my car, the N54 turbo development goes into beast mode! Oh well, can't have it all sometimes.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    2863 are one of the more responsive sizes correct?

so if these do good numbers (which i believe they will), imagine the larger turbines Click here to enlarge
    If I remember correctly, the GTX2863R has similar output to the GT2871R, but with spool and response closer to the GT28RS. Back in the day I knew plenty of SR20 cars running the GT2871R and had great spool characteristics considering the 400whp output.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    People better find a cheaper solution for those AT's. Having these new high power options and no trans built packages other than Level 10 will create a problem for those AT guys. With that said, I can't wait to see how this stage 3 built destroys those Single shiv-crap turbo builts that have been out for months, but no real data has been posted.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    People better find a cheaper solution for those AT's. Having these new high power options and no trans built packages other than Level 10 will create a problem for those AT guys. With that said, I can't wait to see how this stage 3 built destroys those Single shiv-crap turbo builts that have been out for months, but no real data has been posted.
    The Level 10 isn't even a legit proven upgrade, let alone just a repair. In addition to not having upgraded 6AT components, there's no proof that the factory TCM programming will keep pace with anything past RBs. I'm guessing (key word) as more people pick up N54 135/335s and heavily modding them (Vargas Stage 2/3s or Single Turbo conversions), that MT swaps (easily made possible by going stand alone) and 6AT upgrades will become more plentiful (and with more options, competitiveness in the marketplace will force a decrease in price).

IMO, the DCT is going to be in the most trouble since at this point they're stuck with OEM replacement (not even a Level 10 "upgrade"), and the Vargas Stage 3s easily are going to put more stress on them (destructive amounts of low end torque) than Drew's (and soon Zim's since he's also decided to upgrade) DCT-ESS VT3.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks awesome! cant wait to hear that thing fired up and running

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Everything looks top notch Tony, and i really hope the tuning goes smooth, cant wait to see the numbers. Can you get good prices on the gold foil?
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The Level 10 isn't even a legit proven upgrade, let alone just a repair. In addition to not having upgraded 6AT components, there's no proof that the factory TCM programming will keep pace with anything past RBs. I'm guessing (key word) as more people pick up N54 135/335s and heavily modding them (Vargas Stage 2/3s or Single Turbo conversions), that MT swaps (easily made possible by going stand alone) and 6AT upgrades will become more plentiful (and with more options, competitiveness in the marketplace will force a decrease in price).

IMO, the DCT is going to be in the most trouble since at this point they're stuck with OEM replacement (not even a Level 10 "upgrade"), and the Vargas Stage 3s easily are going to put more stress on them (destructive amounts of low end torque) than Drew's (and soon Zim's since he's also decided to upgrade) DCT-ESS VT3.
    How do you not know the level 10 is going to be an upgrade?

It seems that nobody has tested it, yet everyone says it doesn't work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Out of interest is the car the stage 3's are going in AT or MT? probably been stated but I can recall
    Mods: Cobb v3, Aquamist hfs-4, BMS DCI, AR Design DP's, ETS FMIC, ETS Charge Pipe, HKS SSQV BOV, BMS CDV, BMS OCC, BMS Clutch Stop & ptf twin disc clutch.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast