Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Anyone see this from ETS?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ETS Michael
    Recently we have had a little bit of a break through with the tuning of the 335i. One of my good customers now has the ability to write directly to the ECU.

Click here to enlarge

We started out with a stock remapping which is what i'm testing right now and daily driving is awesome. Our next step is see if we can get the o2 sensors to work in our favor. Others have put them pre turbocharger, my plan is to run them after turbo with a few tweaks. This project is still a ways out, but I wanted to see if we still had interest in this platform for another 335i single kit Click here to enlarge

Currently he is offering stage 1 tunes
    bone stock car w/ tune -

Click here to enlarge

I will keep you guys updated as we proceed with this adventure. We have the ability to build the turbo kit no problem, it's all about the tuning at this point.

Thanks!
    Michael
    @ETS Michael

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We can all write directly to the ecu via odb2. I guess he means they can make changes in real time?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dont know. He also posted this which might be the more interesting part?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ETS Michael Click here to enlarge
    We have access to every single table. Not just a few like the other software options available. It's literally every value on the ECU downloaded and converted from HEX into a value we can use and understand.
    EDIT: http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/J...-3-series.html

More info posted there, seems to be a competitor to COBB (and anyone else with a handheld tuner).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ATP Click here to enlarge
    Dont know. He also posted this which might be the more interesting part?

EDIT: http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/J...-3-series.html

More info posted there, seems to be a competitor to COBB (and anyone else with a handheld tuner).
    Oh I see. Its the same as what everyone else can do but with their custom tune. I expect a lot more tunes to come on the market in the future as info is leaked more and more..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is an cable all the major tuners use (from Israel) and OLS modded file. Very similar to what has been out for many years. BPM/ESS/Evolve all use the same one IIRC.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe it'll hit the streets for free like the EVO world. A free software anyone can access and tune thier own car. All they need is an OBD to USB cable. that would be interesting.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Oh I see. Its the same as what everyone else can do but with their custom tune. I expect a lot more tunes to come on the market in the future as info is leaked more and more..
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Michael is retarded if he really thinks they have something special.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Maybe it'll hit the streets for free like the EVO world. A free software anyone can access and tune thier own car. All they need is an OBD to USB cable. that would be interesting.
    You will see a rise in blown n54's quick. Just look at the questions in most n54 threads lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its good to see more options and if people are willing to blow stuff up so be it. You can do that with any tune. Some do it to test limits others due to lack of knowledge/experience.

I will say though that given what I've experienced working with Cobb on their tuning its really not about exposing and just updating tables. Some of you may recall that we were fuel limited with just table remapping until Rob came up with the MAF fix that opened up a lot more fueling potential. Also, boost limits. These aren't table related changes and go deeper than that...just my 2c

Now, if they opened up the tables for the transmission computer, that could definitely be VERY useful.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Michael is retarded if he really thinks they have something special.
    True story. It honestly looks less capable than ATR based on what i can see.

For what he's talking about doing he doesn't need access to tables, he needs to program in tables that aren't there.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    You will see a rise in blown n54's quick. Just look at the questions in most n54 threads lol.
    They said the exact same thing when ATR dropped and was free to all Cobb owners. I haven't heard of any issues, but i have gained 3-4mph in trap speed over OTS maps Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Isn't this what Shiv is using for his Procede Flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Isn't this what Shiv is using for his Procede Flash?

Nah, shiv. Uses a proprietary flashing program. Maybe vish-flash , or ffnu-flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Accordingly to his screenshots shiv uses tunerpro.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cobb 4Life!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, who can rewrite the DME ROM software? I think thats really the important part here. Oh, and what about the Step/DCT TCU Programming? Who can do these things? Do we need to call geohot?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The flash stuff is all the same crap. If Cobb or someone could come up with a table to go from dual bank to single bank that would be interesting. I could probably design a device to have one o2 sensor output two identical signals which might serve the same purpose.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We can all write directly to the ecu via odb2. I guess he means they can make changes in real time?
    If he does isn't that a good thing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The flash stuff is all the same crap. If Cobb or someone could come up with a table to go from dual bank to single bank that would be interesting. I could probably design a device to have one o2 sensor output two identical signals which might serve the same purpose.
    ...aaaaaaand I will test that for you. Just let me know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    ...aaaaaaand I will test that for you. Just let me know.
    I'll keep kicking some ideas around on it. It's a bit tricky due to the nature of the sensors.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I'll keep kicking some ideas around on it. It's a bit tricky due to the nature of the sensors.
    Yeah, cloning the signal is one thing, but then you also have to trick the DME into thinking all is well with the heater circuit on both sensors. I assume it's possible, but I imagine the circuitry could get complex.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think there has to be more to it than just duplicating the signal. If it was that simple you could just install both widebands post turbo.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I remember reading that someone has tried sending the same signal to both o2 sensors. The bottom line, is that the DME has a way of knowing which bank the exhaust pulses are coming from.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I think there has to be more to it than just duplicating the signal. If it was that simple you could just install both widebands post turbo.
    The Germans are the worst. It seems like everything is just a dick measuring contest to see just how unecessarily complex they can make everything. I just saw a post on the other site from Jake @ PTF:

The DME has logic in it that they work on a somewhat opposite pulsating trim. Basically - if they are post single turbo - they will read identical to each other since it will be flowing through a single exhaust (the turbine housing) before splitting back up. Since the DME will see identical readings it will "freak out" and enter wierd trimming modes. Without the opposite pulses that they get when separate the DME will not fuel properly. You would have to change the logic of the DME so that the sensors would be okay being identical.

I need another Japanese or domestic LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast