Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

"More Modern Way of Living"

I can't believe anyone is really this stupid/misinformed. I hope this was a troll to the paper.

http://www.carolinacoastonline.com/n...a4bcf887a.html

Beaufort, N.C.
    Jan. 17, 2013
    TO THE EDITOR:
    Republicans and ďso-calledĒ conservatives are at it again. They are claiming that the Constitution gives people the right to have guns without the permission of the government. If that were true, then how could New York and Chicago have laws against it?

We Democrats are sick and tired of Republicans constantly using the Constitution to cover up their true plans, which are to make us all afraid of everyone else. Our great president came from a civilized part of the country where there is strict gun control, and he is only trying to bring the benefits of that more modern way of living to the rest of us. I donít know the exact statistics, but Iím quite certain that Chicago is a lot safer that Morehead City, when it comes to gun violence.

But do Republicans and conservatives listen to the voice of reason? No, of course not. All they want to do is whine and complain about how gun control and wealth redistribution violate the Constitution, as if the Constitution were all that great, anyway. There are a lot of things that need to be changed about the Constitution, Iíd say, and President Obama needs to change it.

The Republicans are just trying to stand in the way, because the president is black. They even dared to question whether he was born in this country. I think all this demonstrates that the Constitution needs to be amended when it comes to the qualifications for being president. Right now, it says that a person has to be 35 years old and be a natural born citizen. Well, that is obviously unfair because there are a great many otherwise qualified people who cannot run for president because their mothers had to have a C-section. But because the Constitution was written a hundred years ago, nobody even thought of the discrimination that would result from a doctor having to deliver a baby in this unnatural way. Now that we Democrats are in control of the government, thatís just one more thing we should change in our drive to make life fair.

Please withhold my name because I donít want to get crank calls.

PROUD TO BE A DEMOCRAT
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    IGNORANT person more reasons to hate the left side of $#@!.

my hope for some sort of revolution climbs further

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge

my hope for some sort of revolution climbs further
    Yeah, understood - however, I really think people like that should not be allowed to have a pen, much less write a letter and have it published. Blame the newspaper. Click here to enlarge

In all seriousness, this guy is an idiot. Regardless of your color, religion, or "party" association - I feel that this needs to end. Claiming to be a democrat or a republican, in itself - is a huge problem right from the go. We are pitting two groups against each other - one party HAVING to have complete OPPOSITE opinions of the other party - with no grey area. It's nonsense. "PROUD TO BE A DEMOCRAT" he says - of course he is trolling, but that's the point. I mean, the murder rate/statistics in Chicago are SO BAD that I believe (not 100% sure) that there were more murders a few months back than their were kills in the war. Think about that. Taking guns away isn't the issue, nor is changing the constitution - it's this Republican vs. Democrat facade of bull$#@!.

I hope all this literally ends. I am so tired of people blaming someone else because they are a different party. It's a joke - and people can't see through it. It's hilarious - you can look at both sides (Facebook is a great place to see this) - you have the Republicans blaming literally EVERYTHING on Obama, and the Democrats blaming EVERYTHING on the Republican party. These are just "normal" people. In the government, because of this nonsesnse, nothing gets done except whining and complaining - and making up statistics to move a piece of signed paper from one desk to another.

I am an American, and will stand by my rights defined by the Constitution. I refuse to acknowlege the true existence of either party, as I feel it's just a way to control more people and waste more and more of everyone time/make everyone angry at each other while they could be focusing on something that actually matters.

John Adams said:

There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.

George Washington agreed, saying in his farewell presidential speech:

It serves always to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration. It agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

It sure is sad to me that these people saw this SO LONG ago, yet we as Americans are falling into this sad trap of divison by "party". It's ridiculous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Meanwhile Chicago has the highest murder rate in the US.

More than two times the amount of Americans have been killed in Chicago, than American troops in Afghanistan during the war.

Their so-called strict gun laws are an epic fail.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    all these gun laws do is take guns away from responsible gun owners who are not planning on using them with bad intentions, the ones who are planning to rob and kill you probably dont have there gun legally to begin with.

To conquer a nation first one must disarm its citizens
    - Hitler
    grammer- deal with it
    Last edited by crazylegs; 02-05-2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Grammer - Dont care

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    They are claiming that the Constitution gives people the right to have guns without the permission of the government. If that were true, then how could New York and Chicago have laws against it?
    Maybe those laws are unconstitutional? Wasn't there a law saying black people were 3/5's white people one time too?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Maybe those laws are unconstitutional? Wasn't there a law saying black people were 3/5's white people one time too?
    ACTUALLLLLLY.. they tried to completely ban firearms in chicago, then a few people took them to the supreme court and they agreed that a firearm in the home is constitutionally protected

maybe DC as well, i dont recall specifics, id have to research again. DC was regarded as completely different though. the docket evades me right now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im getting tired of it all. It seems, at our level, completley useless to try to change things. I do get frustrated at the way things are going, I dont really see the light at the end of the tunnel with Obama. How long will this recession last? When will we really see jobs come back around? Or are we going to spend ourselves into the next Great Depression? Maybe we need that, it will weed out all the entitled people when they realize no one, not even the government can save them.

The lobbying needs to stop, I wish they would ban it or make it illegal...its the big companies of the US and outside that buy the votes needed to put John Doe or Jane Smith into a political seat. The corruption has to stop before the rest of the country can get back on its feet. We have raised a generstion and a half of kids who dont know what real entertainment is, who know nothing other than technology/iphones/mtv garbage. I miss the 80s and 90s, my family never had any issue back then, we always had food on the table and had a great time as a whole...nowadays its just work work work to make that $ to just live...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    ?Or are we going to spend ourselves into the next Great Depression? Maybe we need that, it will weed out all the entitled people when they realize no one, not even the government can save them.
    The reckoning that awaits when the dollar loses all of its value will make the Great Depression seem like a bad day at the office. We will see it happen before Obama's second term is over.
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The reckoning that awaits when the dollar loses all of its value will make the Great Depression seem like a bad day at the office. We will see it happen before Obama's second term is over.
    I hope not, things are going pretty well for me Click here to enlarge

If the dollar collapses... well, I'm blaming him and the FED and we should all demand their heads on a platter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hope not, things are going pretty well for me Click here to enlarge

If the dollar collapses... well, I'm blaming him and the FED and we should all demand their heads on a platter.
    You have to blame everyone in DC for the last 80 years. But yes, specifically Congress and the Prez should be served up. The Prez for not proposing a balanced budget, and Congress for not having the balls to shut down the Federal govnment without a budget in place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You have to blame everyone in DC for the last 80 years. But yes, specifically Congress and the Prez should be served up. The Prez for not proposing a balanced budget, and Congress for not having the balls to shut down the Federal govnment without a budget in place.
    If the dollar collapses it's going to take a whole lot of the world with it though so I feel like our debt will keep getting bailed out. Especially if all the markets start rising.

This stuff is impossible to predict but our debt needs to get under control. Or maybe it collapses and we finally can tell the ignorant welfare $#@!s to simply fend for themselves.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If the dollar collapses it's going to take a whole lot of the world with it though so I feel like our debt will keep getting bailed out. Especially if all the markets start rising.

This stuff is impossible to predict but our debt needs to get under control. Or maybe it collapses and we finally can tell the ignorant welfare $#@!s to simply fend for themselves.
    Correct. If/when the dollar crisis comes, it's going to be a global $#@!storm. China holds enough of our debt to trigger it, but they also understand that they need our consumers to buy their crap in order to keep their economy alive. It's a bit like the mutually assured destruction principle during the cold war.

The question now is at what point have we printed so much of our money that it no longer holds any value?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    China holds enough of our debt to trigger it, but they also understand that they need our consumers to buy their crap in order to keep their economy alive. It's a bit like the mutually assured destruction principle during the cold war.
    Exactly and it's strategic. Also, their currency has little value without the dollars backing it.

The question now is at what point have we printed so much of our money that it no longer holds any value?
    According to this guy... never:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL @ Greenspan and his Keynesian bull$#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge
    Hate on ignorance, not ideology.

How long will this recession last?
    We aren't in a recession.

The lobbying needs to stop, I wish they would ban it or make it illegal...its the big companies of the US and outside that buy the votes needed to put John Doe or Jane Smith into a political seat. The corruption has to stop before the rest of the country can get back on its feet.
    IMHO, this is the real problem. Who has your representatives ear. It ain't you!

The clues to a failed currency are given by previously failed currencies. Check out this link for 5 failed currencies.

http://www.investopedia.com/slide-sh...#axzz2K2rUEePW

Congress for not having the balls to shut down the Federal government without a budget in place.
    For not having the balls to balance the budget presented by the executive office. They have a chance every year when the president presents his budget.

we finally can tell the ignorant welfare $#@!s to simply fend for themselves.
    What do we tell the non-ignorant, legitimate user of welfare?

China holds enough of our debt to trigger it, but they also understand that they need our consumers to buy their crap in order to keep their economy alive.
    The tipping point will come when China starts focusing on internal consumption models rather then export led growth. If China waits until a higher interest rate environment (good for debt owers, the US, bad for debt holders, China), the US will buy back debt at a discount to what is on the balance sheet.

According to this guy...
    This rube, Greenspan, didn't see an $8 trillion housing bubble crash, he also missed the $8 trillion stock market crash of 2000. Not credible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If we arent in a recession, we certainly arent growing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yage202 Click here to enlarge
    !

The clues to a failed currency are given by previously failed currencies. Check out this link for 5 failed currencies.

http://www.investopedia.com/slide-sh...#axzz2K2rUEePW

For not having the balls to balance the budget presented by the executive office. They have a chance every year when the president presents his budget.

The tipping point will come when China starts focusing on internal consumption models rather then export led growth. If China waits until a higher interest rate environment (good for debt owers, the US, bad for debt holders, China), the US will buy back debt at a discount to what is on the balance sheet.
    Good article. The lessons learned are key...

Lessons Learned

When it comes to the value and stability of a currency, there is no free lunch. A nation's currency is not exempt from the laws of supply and demand, so the more that is printed, the less it is worth. While expanding the money supply may be needed in an emergency situation, it's very difficult to reverse this policy once the emergency has abated. As history shows, it usually takes a crisis and uncontrolled inflation before painful steps are taken to stabilize the currency and reverse the economic damage. (For related reading, check out The Taylor Rule: An Economic Model For Monetary Policy.)

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/slide-sh...#ixzz2K9JXL0Le
    As for the budget, my understanding is that Obama hasn't even presented one to Congress. I haven't fact checked that, so perhaps my sources are not being forthcoming...

Agree on China and their trigger. No economy can be completely self-sufficient, but there will come to be a point where they can give us the finger. For them it's not just about economic domination, but about complete control. Once they feel they have the advantage in terms of money and military power, it's going to get really interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No economy can be completely self-sufficient,
    what prevents oil owning countries from this? i realize most dont manufacture everything they use, but with the wealth and workforce available, is it not an option rather than necessity?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "California accounts for one-third of America’s welfare recipients, though it only contains one-eighth of the population."

Just in case you needed some statistics to further your anger...I about fell out of my chair when I read the above (which is a cut and paste from a recent article I found).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To stop being a drain on society and a dependent. How did we ever survive before welfare? The horror.

We aren't in a recession.
    You sure? Economy just contracted...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    "California accounts for one-third of America’s welfare recipients, though it only contains one-eighth of the population."

Just in case you needed some statistics to further your anger...I about fell out of my chair when I read the above (which is a cut and paste from a recent article I found).
    I don't even understand how this can possibly work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As for the budget, my understanding is that Obama hasn't even presented one to Congress.
    The president is required to present a budget to congress the first week in February every year. As far as I know this has happened, but congress hasn't liked the budget, so instead of negotiating, they call it a non-starter.

http://budget.house.gov/budgetprocess/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Out of the 1/8th total population, 1/3 of THOSE people are on welfare. Like 2.5 people out of every 8 are on welfare...and every house i saw in San Diego looked very expensive lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Out of the 1/8th total population, 1/3 of THOSE people are on welfare. Like 2.5 people out of every 8 are on welfare...and every house i saw in San Diego looked very expensive lol
    Dude, that's concerning. To be honest <<see post above>> I try and stay out of this, but holy shi7 did you quote get me thinking. 1/8 californians are using welfare? That's nuts. I am from Indiana originally, and it looks like they have similar laws - and that seems to be the issue. Their laws state that the children still get welfare checks after their parent's checks are stopped. So, the parents of course just collect and pass go.

Check this nonsense out (not to get totally off-topic here) - http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Look at this:

Total amount of money you can make monthly and still receive Welfare $1000
    Total Number of U.S. States where Welfare pays more than an $8 per hour job 40
    Number of U.S. States where Welfare pays more than a $12 per hour job 7
    Number of U.S. States where Welfare pays more than the average salary of a U.S. Teacher 9

Top 10 Hourly Wage Equivalent Welfare States in U.S.
    State Hourly Wage Equivalent
    Hawaii $17.50
    Alaska $15.48
    Massachusetts $14.66
    Connecticut $14.23
    Washington, D.C. $13.99
    New York $13.13
    New Jersey $12.55
    Rhode Island $12.55
    California $11.59
    Virginia $11.11

Hell, I am not saying 17.50 an hour is great - but it's definitely something. I mean, if you had a choice to get a temporary job at McDonalds, or to take 17.50 an hour to do nothing, which would most choose?

Ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast