Close

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    +1. that is all i was saying. Yes, obviously you're going to get just pump numbers first while tuning. less variables. The you'll tune the other fuels. My comments were really directed at the people that said they wanted pump gas only because they weren't going to run any of the other fuels, strictly pump gas for them. Well, this kit may not be for you then. This isn't an RB26DETT or a 2JZxxx with low compression and great aftermarket fuel systems that can put down 800HP on pump gas. This is a high compression, fuel system limited N54 that is going to suck on pump gas. It's going to be super laggy and have a $#@! boost curve. This kit on pump with the current fuel system upgrades will get smashed by a FBO + meth RB car. Just saying, if you have never driven a big turbo car, especially on pump gas you may want to rethink getting this if your intention is to run it solely on pump gas. You'll just be mad at the car and it'll really be your own fault.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Hahahaha. +1. I am not saying they shouldn't be capable of running 91. That's a given. My point is it doesn't really matter compared to the E85/meth numbers. All the 91 numbers are going to tell you is that an RB car could pull your ass if its set up right. Hey, more information is always better, I just am not sure what its worth.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Just FYI, maybe where you live sucks regarding modern infrastruture development. I live in Phoenix and alternative fuel pumps are everywhere.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Long Island is loaded with e85 stations... Kind of odd Jersey doesnt have em
    NJ has 2 stations that publicly retail E85 -- One's in West Orange (and if you know anything about NJ, you don't wanna hang in W. Orange too long with a BMW) and at the Newark Airport. Otherwise you're going into the NYC surrounding area or Philadelphia. Just checking off Sunoco's website of retailers who sell 100 octane out of a pump, there's 14 in NJ (a few public stations & all the notable race tracks). This doesn't include performance shops like ACM or Undercover Performance who probably maintain small race fuel supply on their shelves.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank the lord someone gets it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, that's pretty weird. I can't find unleaded race gas here to save my life but I have 3 e85 pumps in my little town and a shop that sells meth right down the street.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    NJ has 2 stations that publicly retail E85 -- One's in West Orange (and if you know anything about NJ, you don't wanna hang in W. Orange too long with a BMW) and at the Newark Airport. Otherwise you're going into the NYC surrounding area or Philadelphia. Just checking off Sunoco's website of retailers who sell 100 octane out of a pump, there's 14 in NJ (a few public stations & all the notable race tracks). This doesn't include performance shops like ACM or Undercover Performance who probably maintain small race fuel supply on their shelves.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if you realize why RB's and similar stage 2 hybrids have the limits they do, its the TINY turbine housing they use. This is why they spool so fast and also why they run out of breath so early. The whole point of going to true upgraded twins is to get rid of this bottleneck, expecting them spool like turbos with a tiny turbine housings makes no sense.
    alright... agreed 100% w this comment

but now it would be logical to ask; what are the obvious advantages of this over the single?
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, that's pretty weird. I can't find unleaded race gas here to save my life but I have 3 e85 pumps in my little town and a shop that sells meth right down the street.
    I mean, think about who buys E85? Maybe the occasional FlexFuel Chevy/Ford driver whos looking to save a buck, but otherwise I'd say the majority of users are performance enthusiasts. It's not like bio-diesel where it's recycled, significantly cleaner & cheaper for trucks to use.

The other "problem" is that E85 is going to be loosing the govt. subsidy funding, so expect the price to increase. E85 is a "wonder" fuel, but until an aftermarket fueling option materializes, we'll be able to get more performance out of petroleum-based race fuels (MS109, Q/C16, etc).

Watch this video & fast forward to 13:00 where the Koenigsegg owner talks about the Agera R's fueling system.

He specifically mentions that if you ran the car on petroleum based gas, the fueling system is good for over 2,000 HP, but if you run on E85 the fuel system gets maxed out at 1,200 HP. Currently the N54 is facing the same problem (on a much smaller scale), which is why I'm considering another PTF ProTune that will be developed for strictly MS109 use. Until we see a substantial upgrade in the fueling, the truth potential won't even be revealed -- Not on the RBs since we still can't run 100% E85 on those, and most certainly not on the Vargas Stage 3s.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mean, think about who buys E85? Maybe the occasional FlexFuel Chevy/Ford driver whos looking to save a buck, but otherwise I'd say the majority of users are performance enthusiasts. It's not like bio-diesel where it's recycled, significantly cleaner & cheaper for trucks to use.

The other "problem" is that E85 is going to be loosing the govt. subsidy funding, so expect the price to increase. E85 is a "wonder" fuel, but until an aftermarket fueling option materializes, we'll be able to get more performance out of petroleum-based race fuels (MS109, Q/C16, etc).

Watch this video & fast forward to 13:00 where the Koenigsegg owner talks about the Agera R's fueling system.
    http://youtu.be/qp_qxKWMsVw
    He specifically mentions that if you ran the car on petroleum based gas, the fueling system is good for over 2,000 HP, but if you run on E85 the fuel system gets maxed out at 1,200 HP. Currently the N54 is facing the same problem (on a much smaller scale), which is why I'm considering another PTF ProTune that will be developed for strictly MS109 use. Until we see a substantial upgrade in the fueling, the truth potential won't even be revealed -- Not on the RBs since we still can't run 100% E85 on those, and most certainly not on the Vargas Stage 3s.
    Since both SAAB and Volvo got sold to the chinese this is now our only truly Swedish car manufacturer Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agreed. I just spent almost $3k on a new fuel system. I'm on 100% e85 and it's good to 800HP. On a gasoline type fuel it'd be good for 1500HP. The government subsidy for the ethanol based fuels is a good point too, it's interesting to see if it'll be renewed or not. Guess it really depends on where you're located and what best fits your needs/abilities. That's why I like to have the access to many different maps or have a JB4 that does it all for you Click here to enlarge With all of this being said, I whish i had went meth instead of e85, i would have saved myself a bunch of money and not had to worry about road trips on anything else.

This kit on high boost on either e85, race gas, or meth is going to be crazy fast!!!!!

http://youtu.be/qp_qxKWMsVw

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    From what i've seen in the last few years... not that I like it but just as a fact of life... Meth seems to be the way to go on this platform although I have yet to see a Cobb car running with Meth... hence we run into a 3rd paradox

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks great, canít wait to see the results after some tuning.

I am a little confused with all the hubbub over the fuel. After they are installed, we will quickly know these turboes fit in the car without causing space and heat issues and are working properly with the ecu (I donít think we are expecting much issues). Correct me if I am wrong, but once you are able to tune boost, timing and AFR successfully at one fuel time, the unique characteristics of the turboes will be considered and implemented in that map. After that, to change fuel will just be some tweaking of boost, timing and AFR to increase power safely?
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Since both SAAB and Volvo got sold to the chinese this is now our only truly Swedish car manufacturer Click here to enlarge
    Def not a bad flagship to represent Sweden. Without a doubt Koenigsegg & Pagani are the top 2 companies for the quality of materials & craftsmanship that go into their cars.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Agreed. I just spent almost $3k on a new fuel system. I'm on 100% e85 and it's good to 800HP. On a gasoline type fuel it'd be good for 1500HP. The government subsidy for the ethanol based fuels is a good point too, it's interesting to see if it'll be renewed or not. Guess it really depends on where you're located and what best fits your needs/abilities.
    I feel like after the clear performance gains that E85 makes available (if you were to strictly upgrade your fueling & nothing else) it's never going to go away, especially because Race Fuel is going to get more expensive as well (current Admin refusing to drill domestically). BUT if (or when) the govt. subsidies end, the race-spec E85 (like FTW Purple E85) will double in price overnight. At least with ethanol, you basically have a never ending source of fuel as long as you have a field to grow corn in Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I have yet to see a Cobb car running with Meth
    Plenty of Cobb cars running meth. I've personally installed a couple Aquamist HFS-4 kits locally as well as e-tuned many remote Cobb cars running meth. The system of choice is HFS-4 due to its great failsafe integration that doesn't require a piggyback for safety.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From what i've seen in the last few years... not that I like it but just as a fact of life... Meth seems to be the way to go on this platform although I have yet to see a Cobb car running with Meth... hence we run into a 3rd paradox
    I run meth daily, so is another local friend of mine (@cwarren) with COBB. We both run HFS4
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ...theres quite a few cobb cars running meth, mine included. No issues running Cobb with Meth.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    do u guys have logs that would show boost and meth flow?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    do u guys have logs that would show boost and meth flow?
    Meth flow is on the HFS4 gauge and cannot be integrated into the Cobb's logging. Boost can be easily logged on Cobb.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    can u show the boost?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Looks really good Tony. As for the filters what kind are you going to run? Don't think there's much room to work with on that rear turbo so I'm sure you'll need to relocate it at least a little. Still have plans to eventually develop real inlet tubes when it goes to production? Any reason for not just adding them now at the expense of a little more time?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Were running filters on the turbos for the prototype. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, usually flows better than charge piping and if iat temps are effected it will be very slight and not noticeable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    can u show the boost?
    yes we can all show the boost, what are you trying to get at. (running HSF4 with Protune)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    can u show the boost?
    Yes, if you are looking for instant gratificition just look at the thread Denzo created on the Protuned meth car. 18.5 PSI tapering to 16psi at 6.5k.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just wanted to see complete logs that is all... no biggie

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just wanted to see complete logs that is all... no biggie
    I plan on doing some in depth logging tonight on a new E85 map im working on. What would you like to see other than boost? Fuel trims? AFR? all 6 cylinder's timing? Intake air temps? All 6 cylinders timing corrections?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    can u show the boost?
    Here's a log of an ATR map i have. ~18psi tapering to ~13psi with 11.25 degrees of timing climbing to ~15 degrees up top.
    meth map 2.zip
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lulz all of that plus meth flow would be nice but w/o is ok too... i just want to take a look at them

thanks Rader, on phone now but will look later

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but now it would be logical to ask; what are the obvious advantages of this over the single?
    I think that's a very good question that lots of people should ask. IMO there aren't that many advantages, but the few there are can be important.

1. Will be easier to deal with in software due to basic similarity to stock. There won't be a monopoly on tuning, and it should be pretty easy to get up and running.
    2. Will be easier to take to the dealer for other work if necessary, they shouldn't get as confused as they would by a single.
    3. If all else were equal they should have a bit less inertia relative to their flow capability.

That's all I've got. If issue (1) goes away for singles, I'd probably lean toward single in spite of (2) and (3) just for simplicity and reduced parts cost. But if (1) never goes away, Stage 3 is looking really good.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast