Close

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I asked Vargas legitimate questions: when will the dyno be done(estimate), why not break the clutch in ahead of time, and how he will run for 500+ miles without a proper tune.

stop getting all butt hurt.

I neg repped you because I thought you neg repp'd me, how do you see who repp'ed you anyways?

And I have the right to my opinion that even wrapped that DP will melt the engine cover. If you disagree that is nice. They will probably have to remove the cover or cut it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    how do you see who repp'ed you anyways?
    It's anonymous.

And I have the right to my opinion
    Yes you do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I + repped you to more than make up for it. The dude is a tool... and not a particularly useful tool.
    Thanks buddy, I'll hit you back tomorrow. I spent all my rep today on people who liked my car pics :p
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone want to state their predictions?

My guess:

625whp on 93

750whp on E85
    sound pretty reasonable if it can be fuelled properly... 750whp on stock or upgraded LPFP/stock HPFP... i dunnnooooo.

625 on 93 sounds like a fair bit too though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd be happy with 525-550 whp and 480-500 lb on 93 octane. E85/Meth or Race i think 650whp would be plausible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    It's not 100% and it's cause the JB4 is stacked with the COBB BMS flash
    It is 100% ...... with octane and lower boost i hit 12 degrees post shift...

and its not really a stack, they are not fighting or over riding each other they are doing seperate things... sorry this is late but people are a bit mislead on this... nothing wrong with this combo... my car absolutely rips right now... faster than ever with flat line... if i trapped 119 before i will gauntantee im over 120 now with it...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge

and its not really a stack, they are not fighting or over riding each other they are doing seperate things... sorry this is late but people are a bit mislead on this... nothing wrong with this combo... my car absolutely rips right now... faster than ever with flat line... if i trapped 119 before i will gauntantee im over 120 now with it...
    I'm confused, you have a 7AT N54? lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I asked Vargas legitimate questions: when will the dyno be done(estimate), why not break the clutch in ahead of time, and how he will run for 500+ miles without a proper tune.

I neg repped you because I thought you neg repp'd me, how do you see who repp'ed you anyways?

And I have the right to my opinion that even wrapped that DP will melt the engine cover. If you disagree that is nice. They will probably have to remove the cover or cut it.
    Legitimate questions? You didn't ask a question. You stated I should have dyno results by tomorrow night right. #1 makes no sense, #2 why would I break in the clutch before hand, the car has been down for 3 months, we were not even sure which clutch we were going to use until a couple weeks ago. Yes lets reassemble the car with stock turbos, drive it 500 miles and take it all back apart. #3 you obviously no nothing about turbochargers or tuning if you think the car will not run perfectly fine on low boost with bigger turbos on it. Actually with an aggresive RB tune they would prob run perfect, make decent power while leaving some on the table. If you had asked the questions in a normal polite way actually formed into a question not a statement I would have responded much differently. As I stated earlier, you build a twin upgrade for the N54, the day it is installed strap it on the dyno, let er rip, and post the numbers

Anyways Hopefully I will have it running this weekend guys. Still much to be done, car is pretty torn apart.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    UNLESS you have stacked tunes, it's not 100% fix. This was two weeks ago from Terry's thread dedicated to Flatline Fix (http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...ogress/page2):

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Some cars have the issue on all gears, others only going in to 4th or 5th. There are some tricks for working around it but so far I have yet to see a permanent universal solution for flash only cars. Cobb adds tables every now and again so hopefully one of those unlocks what we need. Until then we've got a good work around in place using the JB4. My life would be easier if we could run the JB4 on top of our flash without the work around in place, though!
    BTW --- I've been logging on my 6AT and have gotten some of the timing back, but it's still briefly flatling post shift which is the real problem.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I'm confused, you have a 7AT N54? lol.
    I'm gonna hope it was an honest mistake & that he's not trying to argue that his DCT is working fine (which isn't experiencing the same problem).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

UNLESS you have stacked tunes, it's not 100% fix. This was two weeks ago from Terry's thread dedicated to Flatline Fix (http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...ogress/page2):

BTW --- I've been logging on my 6AT and have gotten some of the timing back, but it's still briefly flatling post shift which is the real problem.

I'm gonna hope it was an honest mistake & that he's not trying to argue that his DCT is working fine (which isn't experiencing the same problem).
    Until it's ever figured out, I'm running the JB4+Cobb combo. Not holding my breath though unfortunately.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

It was an assumption because who would neg rep a funny picture unless they were actually offended by it, but thanks for confirming it. Talk about butt hurt, lol.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJrep335i Click here to enlarge
    I'd be happy with 525-550 whp and 480-500 lb on 93 octane. E85/Meth or Race i think 650whp would be plausible.
    That would be AMAZING given what rb's get on e85 mixes.. Imagine the potential torque with an e85 tune though Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    That would be AMAZING given what rb's get on e85 mixes.. Imagine the potential torque with an e85 tune though Click here to enlarge
    Agreed, this setup has a great amount of potential. I'm really curious to see how these turbo's spool characteristics and size affect the torque curve. I'm also curious to see the tuning of some of these non-vishnu singles so we have a good comparison and non-biased data.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Vargas - we are all anxious to see the results - keep up the good work. Ignore the idiots. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

UNLESS you have stacked tunes, it's not 100% fix.

Right, but it is a fix for flatlining.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    typo , and one ive missed for a while 6AT ... SORRY SIR Click here to enlarge

and at least on my car, i will bet any $ amount no other tune will produce better post shift timing through all gears

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Until it's ever figured out, I'm running the JB4+Cobb combo. Not holding my breath though unfortunately.
    how did the DWS behave today?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    My Trans will be shipped out in the next few weeks to get a full rebuild and upgrade from another Trans shop on the East Coast other than Level 10. I will keep everyone posted if the upgrade fixes my Trans issues that occurred at Shift Sector. I'm hopefull the shop I have found should be able to handle the build.
    they are all the same really, same people that once worked at level 10, they share info. they are no different. google the address of each, i researched all 3 before shipping

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    they are all the same really, same people that once worked at level 10, they share info. they are no different. google the address of each, i researched all 3 before shipping
    The issue I have with level 10 is the bad wrap they have out there numerous threads on other forums about failures. Also the rumor that they are shimming their Valve Body upgrade rather than new springs. I figure I might as well try a different shop and see how it goes. L10 was in your car and is still in Enrita's, IPT I can't find a car running their Trans. And Sam's outfit has been upgrading the 6hp19 in the Audi's plus he worked for L10 and is stating that he knows the issues in their build and has addressed them. We will never know if someone doesn't put $5k in and try it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    The issue I have with level 10 is the bad wrap they have out there numerous threads on other forums about failures. Also the rumor that they are shimming their Valve Body upgrade rather than new springs. I figure I might as well try a different shop and see how it goes. L10 was in your car and is still in Enrita's, IPT I can't find a car running their Trans. And Sam's outfit has been upgrading the 6hp19 in the Audi's plus he worked for L10 and is stating that he knows the issues in their build and has addressed them. We will never know if someone doesn't put $5k in and try it.
    These would be my concerns as well. I just don't have 100% confidence in Level 10.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It's a shame nobody knows where LM's 335 is, could see how the L10 trans has held up to the RB abuse
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We put a Vargas Stage X on the shop 135i and it ran high 10s. If the heat didn't melt the front tires it would have ran low 10s. If the monster TQ didnt blow the trans, it would have ran 9s. Vargas - you suck!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's a shame nobody knows where LM's 335 is, could see how the L10 trans has held up to the RB abuse
    Its probably that car chasing the M3 in the 'canyon'.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    On a side note, it's great to see those high HP applications on our platform. But the market for these upgrades will be limited unless someone puts out an affordable and proven fix for us 6AT guys. We're power hungry too Click here to enlarge But we can't go much above 500 bhp before the freaking tranny will slip and eventually blow.

So why does no one crack that Alpina code for the TCU??
    I have Alpina firmware in my 6AT TCU. No Joke!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tomaz Click here to enlarge
    I have Alpina firmware in my 6AT TCU. No Joke!
    Where did you get it from? Did it cost a kidney or a first born son?

Seriously, I ve been looking for this for quite some time and always got turned down...
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast