Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge

JB4.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The GT28s Tony used have factory style WGA and can(should) be tuned with any of the currently available tunes.

Terry and Tony are local so he get's first crack.

A set are going to Dzenno/PTF for tuning with Cobb.

I don't know when/if Shiv will be involved to get something going with the PROcede
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Looks good. I wonder how this will be installed while the engine is still in the car. Can you post pics of your DP/DPs? Are you using vacuum-actuated WGs like stock? If not, how did you convert them. I'm assuming you're hosing the DME to control boost.

JB4.
    They install much like stock, engine does not need to come out of the car. The lines are the biggest pain. We will see how much longer vs stock / hybrid replacements when we put it in next week. Tuning is being handled by Dzenno, he is going to be flying out here to do. He really wanted to get first crack at it so I couldn't argue with that. The DP's are in the pictures, and you can also see the stock actuators as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

JB4.
    COBB, Dzenno's got this one.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    They install much like stock, engine does not need to come out of the car. The lines are the biggest pain. We will see how much longer vs stock / hybrid replacements when we put it in next week. Tuning is being handled by Dzenno, he is going to be flying out here to do. He really wanted to get first crack at it so I couldn't argue with that. The DP's are in the pictures, and you can also see the stock actuators as well.
    Looking good please dont overlook the RHD guys! Click here to enlarge
    I guess you would have real trouble getting RHD car just hope theres a way Click here to enlarge
    Mods: Cobb v3, Aquamist hfs-4, BMS DCI, AR Design DP's, ETS FMIC, ETS Charge Pipe, HKS SSQV BOV, BMS CDV, BMS OCC, BMS Clutch Stop & ptf twin disc clutch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This is stage 3 nearly complete. Gonna wrap everything, add some thermal components to control the heat and prob powder coat the charge piping, clean a few things up, but besides that its ready to go in. We will have the car running by the end of next week barring any unexpected problems. Lets the games begin
    How can hardware be so sexy?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    The product looks great but I will hold off all judgement until I see it perform...
    Cool but how about until it is we enjoy updates?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    The GT28s Tony used have factory style WGA and can(should) be tuned with any of the currently available tunes.
    If so... this becomes the marquee option and the Vishnu single turbo becomes yesterday's news.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

AWsome! and correct me if I'm wrong, do i see a V-band for the down-pipe :3
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If so... this becomes the marquee option and the Vishnu single turbo becomes yesterday's news.
    It becomes the marquee option if nothing breaks & the tuning goes headache free. My biggest concern are the stock internals & that (hopefully) the low-end TQ generated by the twins doesn't bend a rod or anything.

Assuming everything goes to plan & the drivability is still there, this is going to put the Vishnu single to shame

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    It becomes the marquee option if nothing breaks & the tuning goes headache free.
    Yes, that would be the assumption we are operating under regarding a completed kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

@dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks--- I'm assuming that you'll be tuning on CA Pump Gas (91)??? Def eager to see the Pump Gas (NO Meth or E85 numbers). Obviously best of luck to everyone who tunes this -- Dzenno, Terry, GIAC, RennTECH, garage warriors using any of the tune options, and yes even Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    its been last years news..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks --- I'm assuming that you'll be tuning on CA Pump Gas (91)??? Def eager to see the Pump Gas (NO Meth or E85 numbers). Obviously best of luck to everyone who tunes this -- Dzenno, Terry, GIAC, RennTECH, garage warriors using any of the tune options, and yes even Shiv
    I would like to see 93 , e85 and e85 + meth numbers , because there is no reason to buy 6k+ turbo's then run 91 octane.

Meth should be used, its a great thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    I would like to see 93 , e85 and e85 + meth numbers , because there is no reason to buy 6k+ turbo's then run 91 octane.

Meth should be used, its a great thing.
    Finding 93 in CA is the problem. The reason why I asked for 91 numbers is causing I know 93 will offer a modest bump, and IMO meth (as great as it is) is a band-aid. Honestly the two numbers that mean the most to me are straight pump gas & a 100 octane tune. I personally have nothing invested and am not even considering this: 6AT Problems

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Looks great Tony! Cant wait for videos! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Finding 93 in CA is the problem. The reason why I asked for 91 numbers is causing I know 93 will offer a modest bump, and IMO meth (as great as it is) is a band-aid. Honestly the two numbers that mean the most to me are straight pump gas & a 100 octane tune. I personally have nothing invested and am not even considering this: 6AT Problems
    I think if you're running 4 jets, because you can't get the fuel needed its a band aid, but if you're running it as a additive, then its just that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

As of now we will be tuning for 91 (with the fuel systems limits the way they are, not expecting huge things), 91 +E85 (again fuel system limited, I do have the HPFP supposedly coming back to me in a week or so, upgraded), and both of those above plus Meth. I am going to be running 3 nozzles, I am not a big meth fan myself, but until we can get the fuel in there we need, its a viable option to make big power. I wont get too much into the tuning side of things as I honestly am not a tuning expert. I will let Dzenno step in and decide how he wants to tackle it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    As of now we will be tuning for 91 (with the fuel systems limits the way they are, not expecting huge things), 91 +E85 (again fuel system limited, I do have the HPFP supposedly coming back to me in a week or so, upgraded), and both of those above plus Meth. I am going to be running 3 nozzles, I am not a big meth fan myself, but until we can get the fuel in there we need, its a viable option to make big power. I wont get too much into the tuning side of things as I honestly am not a tuning expert. I will let Dzenno step in and decide how he wants to tackle it.
    Thanks for the E85 and meth tests. 91 test imho is whatever since at this point you shouldn't be running 91 anyway. Spend $6k on a turbo kit and then pass up another 200-250who because you won't order some E85 or meth... lol, it wouldn't make any sense. At a certain point, probably right around here or at the RB level, there won't be any real gains from larger turbos on 91 since the octane limit on the 10:1 comp will be apparent.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

This sounds logical. Your end is the hardware, so tuning questions shouldnt be directed towards VTT, or anyone that provides hardware.

I think PTF and BMS are well aware of what the customer base wants, ie

91 octane
    91+meth
    91/Ethanol mix (% varies)

if possible
    93+meth
    93+Ethanol

and finally
    Ms109
    Ms109+meth

Meth is great, but should never be a requirement; if avoidable should not be used for fueling, thats a fuel system/tuning limitation and has nothing to do with a stg 3 option being available; its also a niche market, a large and common market, but should be additional and not a requirement, especially if cooling better due to better hardware

E85 is also a niche market, as most dont use it, and its not available everywhere.

I think focus should be on the 3 ready available, widely used fuel sources, 91 (since cali sucks ass but people still choose to live there), 93 as the most common pumpgas, and ms109 as the premier unleaded racefuel.

anything past that is beneficial , but restricts the target market and general perception of what they+tuning are capable of

Learn from the shivs mistake, give us the basics first, then the extra's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the E85 and meth tests. 91 test imho is whatever since at this point you shouldn't be running 91 anyway. Spend $6k on a turbo kit and then pass up another 200-250who because you won't order some E85 or meth... lol, it wouldn't make any sense. At a certain point, probably right around here or at the RB level, there won't be any real gains from larger turbos on 91 since the octane limit on the 10:1 comp will be apparent.
    +1000
    I've never understood some peoples line of of thinking. You're willing to dump $6K into a Turbo kit, then several $K more into suspension and cluthch/flywheel but running meth injection is too much? Why the $#@! would you not want to do everything you could to make the most of the setup you have? Meth is soo much more than just additional fueling.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    +1. The people that are so anti meth crack me up. They obviously haven't driven a big turbo car on pump. The lag sucks since you can't turn the boost up. You need more octane to be able to turn the boost up and get the turbo spooled faster and in its compressor range. Whoever said all you need is a 91 and 100oct map sounds like a VAG guy. That's what they do. Fact is I want as many maps as I can get. I want a 93 map, I want a pump + meth map, I want an e85 map and I want an e85 and meth map. I'm currently 100% e85 and I'm still about to hook up a meth kit just to see if there are any gains. I love the iat suppression of meth so I think I'm gonna use a small 375ml/min just for iats.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Whoever said all you need is a 91 and 100oct map sounds like a VAG guy. That's what they do. Fact is I want as many maps as I can get.
    The various maps are up to the end user. Sales Pitch Dynos (which these really are) should focus on the most commonly used setups (which LM highlighted): 91 for the CA users, 93 for everywhere else in civilized world & MS109 for the Race Gas users. If you want to add in Meth/E85 that's fine, but not everybody A) chooses to run meth or B) doesn't have access to E85. I personally would get scared off form the Stage 3s if it was marketed like the Vishnu/FFTEC kit that basically requires copious amounts of meth to perform as advertised.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    its been last years news..
    Indeed I don't really regard it as an option. Those guys have been too tight lipped about everything to garner any confidence in their single turbo offering.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

The various maps are up to the end user. Sales Pitch Dynos (which these really are) should focus on the most commonly used setups (which LM highlighted): 91 for the CA users, 93 for everywhere else in civilized world & MS109 for the Race Gas users. If you want to add in Meth/E85 that's fine, but not everybody A) chooses to run meth or B) doesn't have access to E85. I personally would get scared off form the Stage 3s if it was marketed like the Vishnu/FFTEC kit that basically requires copious amounts of meth to perform as advertised.
    Dude, if you can spend 6K on a turbo kit, you can spend $150 for a 55gal drum of E85 or however much methanol you need. Sure meth and E85 is a "niche" market but so are $6k turbo kits. If you want quick spool you need meth or E85. Otherwise sure lower your compression and run piss, but what's the point? That more money to change internals and you will spool up even later. Its a lose lose, the fact is if you want to make 600-700hp you can go the extra distance down to the store to buy meth or order online the E85. I you want to run 91 only, get RBs because your power difference between this on 91 and those on 91 isn't going to be huge, but the cost will.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast