Close

Thread: Video: E85 below 0 cold start

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Video: E85 below 0 cold start

Mods are in sig. Just showing how well the bms flash works at extreme cold temps. No issues what so ever, stock fuel system. I had long cranks and hard starts before the flash when temps got below 40 degrees. i thought it was hardware related turns out thats not the case. Temps have been 10 degrees and colder for the week i just decided to post this for anyone in a cold weather area to see how E85 and cold weather mix, current blend works out to E35

FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

My car had a rough time starting today with an E45 blend in mid 50 degree weather.

PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

Looks good! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

LOL, I was going to post up a video showing the smooth start up's on E85 as well.
    Hopefully it will help those on the fence about switching over to E85..
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

What does the BMS flash contain that the cobb does not that makes it start up this smooth?

PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does the BMS flash contain that the cobb does not that makes it start up this smooth?
    Im not sure exactly, its something to do with added fueling (i believe) during first start up. Terry@BMS should be able to answer this better

FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

We run a much larger fuel scalar which likely improves the idle and cranking tables that are not yet directly available within the pro tuner software.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

JEALOUS OF 9000 MILES!!!!! but nice. dont run into those issues here in florida currently 70 out perfect sunnt day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

I never have issues on startup until e60-70

Then it stumbles on startup no matter the temp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge
    JEALOUS OF 9000 MILES!!!!! but nice. dont run into those issues here in florida currently 70 out perfect sunnt day
    I wish. That is just till the next service. the cars got 49k miles on it and still running like a dream!

FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge

As our temp warms up i will start adding more E85.. today our high temp is -11... i hate iowa right now

FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge

Try turning on the ignition and waiting 20-30 seconds for the o2 sensors, injectors, etc, to heat up.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

E35 is nearly pump 93. I'd like to see actual e85.

With e60 and 30F, it would die without holding the gas pedal some for the first minute or so. Thank goodness for garages Click here to enlarge
    Beast Mode

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Try turning on the ignition and waiting 20-30 seconds for the o2 sensors, injectors, etc, to heat up.
    WIll do

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    E35 is nearly pump 93. I'd like to see actual e85.

With e60 and 30F, it would die without holding the gas pedal some for the first minute or so. Thank goodness for garages Click here to enlarge
    In our area 93octane is E10 or 10% ethanol.. my car has no problem running that.. its higher blends it didnt like before the flash

FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

i used this site to figure the blend...

http://www.intercepteft.com/calc.html

FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    We run a much larger fuel scalar which likely improves the idle and cranking tables that are not yet directly available within the pro tuner software.
    How feasible it is to look for and open new tables since you have a fix for this, flat lining, gauge high jacking etc already? They should just offer a JB add-on option with each Cobb device Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    How feasible it is to look for and open new tables since you have a fix for this, flat lining, gauge high jacking etc already? They should just offer a JB add-on option with each Cobb device Click here to enlarge
    Along with NLS, 2Step, Autotuning, on the fly map switching, and tons of other things i cant think of right now.. I think JB4/Flash is by far the best tuning option available right now. TONS of features

FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    We don't have the ability to hunt for new tables, we're 100% dependent on Cobb for that with regard to the BMS flash. But we can change quite a bit using the piggy as well. At some point we'll work on a cold idle algorithm for the JB4 to help further smooth things out. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    Mods are in sig. Just showing how well the bms flash works at extreme cold temps. No issues what so ever, stock fuel system.
    Looks absolutely just normal...