Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No

    BimmerBoost FTW: MFest (Chris Naguit) to change the "unmovable" date for Mfest VII to not conflict with BimmerFest

    And just like that, the owner of Mfest (Chris Naguit's) power play has failed. Just seven days ago BimmerBoost posted its story regarding MFest targeting the same date as BimmerFest and less than a week later the announcement comes that MFest will be changing its date. Mounting pressure forced by BimmerBoost and its members as well as its vendors who were asked to choose BimmerFest instead has forced Chris Naguit and MFest to reevaluate the previously "unchangeable" date.

    Click here to enlarge

    This came a day after BimmerBoost's article which was causing a stir on other forums:

    Click here to enlarge

    They are currently exploring new dates and it is funny how it is suddenly possible to get a new date that they claimed they could not just days ago. There is a lesson to be learned here namely in arrogance and swallowing ones pride. Tried to take over the scene and he wasn't powerful enough to pull it off. Play for keeps and you can get burned so damage control is in full effect. So, SoCal's two major shows will now be able to accommodate everyone on separate dates. You are welcome SoCal BMW fans:

    Click here to enlarge

    Oh and Chris, just a personal message from me to you, don't mess with someone bigger and better at this than you. Something tells me you'll think twice before editing, deleting, or trying to tell me where/when I can drag race with other BMW enthusiasts ever again. BimmerBoost, FTMFW.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    160
    Rep Points
    487.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Oh and Chris, just a personal message from me to you, don't mess with someone bigger and better at this than you. Something tells me you'll think twice before editing, deleting, or trying to tell me where/when I can drag race with other BMW enthusiasts ever again. BimmerBoost, FTMFW.
    Haha, I figured they'd buckle.



    Chris, apply where needed:

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    471whp on E85

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ammonia Click here to enlarge
    Haha, I figured they'd buckle.

    Chris, apply where needed:

    http://d33d8mgunhcj87.cloudfront.net...156939/450.jpg
    I personally enjoyed this. Shows how far they have fallen and just by how far we have passed them. Dude had like a 5 year head start... maybe he needs some help on how it's done?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    34
    Rep Points
    132.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Bottom line imo is, the real winner here is the enthusiast. It would be awesome if those events would be a week apart. That way i could drive to LA then on the way home hit up Vegas...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brokenm3 Click here to enlarge
    Bottom line imo is, the real winner here is the enthusiast.
    Agreed, and the enthusiast should have been kept in mind from the beginning rather than trying to force a move to line one's pockets...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    118
    Rep Points
    217.7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    i'm on the East coast....but judging by all the tomfoolery that came about from last year's show (raffle snafu, club snub, etc.)....i wouldn't even go to Mfest.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by import36 Click here to enlarge
    that came about from last year's show
    That was from an earlier show I attended but due to it all I never went back. I saw what the show was really for and also vendors have told me what they got in return for their $ (which is a fairly large amount of $) and well I get what the show is about. I'm not giving him my money so he can have fun on my dime, no thanks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    118
    Rep Points
    217.7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That was from an earlier show I attended but due to it all I never went back. I saw what the show was really for and also vendors have told me what they got in return for their $ (which is a fairly large amount of $) and well I get what the show is about. I'm not giving him my money so he can have fun on my dime, no thanks.
    ah ok gotcha....yeah i wouldn't go back either.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,591
    Rep Points
    2,215.1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT


    Click here to enlarge


    E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!


    Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

    Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    lol

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,294
    Rep Points
    2,744.5
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Im not familiar with what really happened between u guys so i will sit back n watch

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Im not familiar with what really happened between u guys so i will sit back n watch
    Everything that happened was written.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    guess the douche figured he might not be able to skin enough cash for bottle service so he better change the date LOL.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    guess the douche figured he might not be able to skin enough cash for bottle service so he better change the date LOL.
    He saw the pressure mounting and realized he would be forcing vendors (aka $) to BimmerFest instead thereby hurting his revenue since people were not choosing him solely over BimmerFest and so he had no choice but to backtrack or forego dollars. And with this guy you can make a safe bet he will do whatever is necessary for the dollars.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He saw the pressure mounting and realized he would be forcing vendors (aka $) to BimmerFest instead thereby hurting his revenue since people were not choosing him solely over BimmerFest and so he had no choice but to backtrack or forego dollars. And with this guy you can make a safe bet he will do whatever is necessary for the dollars.
    Hey, I am all about making thr dollars, can not blame the guy for that. It just seems like he is an idiot and has no business sense whatsoever. If I was the promoter for one of the two events I would make mine as far away of a date as possible from the other event. The main reason I would donthat is money, he needs to put himself in the average guys shoes. If he is expecting people to attend his event from all over the place he has to realize it take money to travel, fuel, food lodging. I would make my event far enough away of a date that people would be able to afford to attend two events. Not to mention people having to get time off work, ask permission from wives or girlfriends. Then there are the sponsors and vendors, they are your bread and butter, or at least they should be if he was smart, why put them in an akward situation by forcing them to choose? This guy obviously has no business trying to run an event or business, he is clueless.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    If I was the promoter for one of the two events I would make mine as far away of a date as possible from the other event
    EXACTLY.

    He thought he could force people away from BimmerFest and to him. Clearly thinking he's bigger and better than he actually is.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    why put them in an akward situation by forcing them to choose?
    Trying to cut out the competition. And he failed...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    761
    Rep Points
    380.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sticky this guy is a Putan ganamo! In tegalo. Im a business man and I would NEVER NEVER do something like this to anyone it would hurt not only my revenues but my PRIDE!!! BYW let me know when youre coming down here ok!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    22
    Rep Points
    52.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I ordered airplane tickets from the other side of the world to participate at mFest just to get a look at Kenton and Marcus's car. I ordered for the entire month of april just to be sure, as this was said to be an annual april event. (I did this because the firm i work at must plan things in good time before they happen... (Take notice if you read this mFest, you could learn something from it))..<br><br>Then it was announced by mfest it would be in may... Fine. Rescheduled flights, other people at work stepped up as the plan for vacation was filled. My boss did more then i could ever hope... Cost me xxx.<br><br>Anyway.. Going to the USA in may! Hoping to have a great time! And is more then likely going to BimmerFest! Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Petrolhead; 01-31-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Makin space

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Petrolhead Click here to enlarge
    I ordered airplane tickets from the other side of the world to participate at mFest just to get a look at Kenton and Marcus's car. I ordered for the entire month of april just to be sure, as this was said to be an annual april event. (I did this because the firm i work at must plan things in good time before they happen... (Take notice if you read this mFest, you could learn something from it))..

    Then it was announced by mfest it would be in may... Fine. Rescheduled flights, other people at work stepped up as the plan for vacation was filled. My boss did more then i could ever hope... Cost me xxx.

    Anyway.. Going to the USA in may! Hoping to have a great time! And is more then likely going to BimmerFest! Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to hear about this mess for you, really poor planning on their part.

    You should get credit or be compensated in some fashion as it was an April event traditionally until this nonsense happened.

    Either way, I hope you enjoy whatever show you go to and your trip.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    Sticky this guy is a Putan ganamo! In tegalo. Im a business man and I would NEVER NEVER do something like this to anyone it would hurt not only my revenues but my PRIDE!!! BYW let me know when youre coming down here ok!!
    I agree and I will Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    761
    Rep Points
    380.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    gotcha i MIGHT let you take a spin on my 335d!!! Click here to enlarge

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Petrolhead Click here to enlarge
    I ordered airplane tickets from the other side of the world to participate at mFest just to get a look at Kenton and Marcus's car. I ordered for the entire month of april just to be sure, as this was said to be an annual april event. (I did this because the firm i work at must plan things in good time before they happen... (Take notice if you read this mFest, you could learn something from it))..<br><br>Then it was announced by mfest it would be in may... Fine. Rescheduled flights, other people at work stepped up as the plan for vacation was filled. My boss did more then i could ever hope... Cost me xxx.<br><br>Anyway.. Going to the USA in may! Hoping to have a great time! And is more then likely going to BimmerFest! Click here to enlarge
    I used to fly over from London for a 4 hour test only, fly crew in from Canada only to have the event postponed...this happened twice! It was easier to buy a place in the states and then make a mini vacation out of it..
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    22
    Rep Points
    52.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to hear about this mess for you, really poor planning on their part.

    You should get credit or be compensated in some fashion as it was an April event traditionally until this nonsense happened.

    Either way, I hope you enjoy whatever show you go to and your trip.
    Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to my journey!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    4.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Was looking forward to going to Mfest (never been before) but now i am having second thoughts after reading all this. However, it isn't exactly gentlemanly to do all this grandstanding/showboating either.

    Of course I don't really know if the people behind Mfest are as stated on these forums so....

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreamspeed Click here to enlarge
    Was looking forward to going to Mfest (never been before) but now i am having second thoughts after reading all this. However, it isn't exactly gentlemanly to do all this grandstanding/showboating either.

    Of course I don't really know if the people behind Mfest are as stated on these forums so....
    Look man, I've been. Let me tell you something. Vegas, it's awesome. Going to vegas and paying a penalty on top of it... well, you decide.

    Mfest is fun, no doubt, how do you not have fun in Vegas? Is it designed to fill the owners pockets? You bet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •