2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

SNL on Ray Lewis

The end is the best:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They should have thrown in a joke about the double homicide he was accused of in 2000... :p
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    They should have thrown in a joke about the double homicide he was accused of in 2000... :p
    I hear he's sensitive about that.

His blood stained suit from that incident disappeared and he paid off the families... now he's a hero?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I hear he's sensitive about that.

His blood stained suit from that incident disappeared and he paid off the families... now he's a hero?
    I heard that nobody cares but the haters

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    I heard that nobody cares but the haters
    I don't know about that: http://deadspin.com/5979968/ray-lewi...is-murder-case

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A "after party" fight broke out, so a bunch of drunk tards got into a fight and someone got stabbed. Not a new thing.

If there was evidence we all know that a prosecutor would love going after a black football player. But as thats not the case. Case closed.

people will constantly try to bring someone down that is doing good, and the guy is saying all the right stuff, religiously etc.

And he is working his ass off and got his team to the superbowl.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A "after party" fight broke out, so a bunch of drunk tards got into a fight and someone got stabbed. Not a new thing.

If there was evidence we all know that a prosecutor would love going after a black football player. But as thats not the case. Case closed.

people will constantly try to bring someone down that is doing good, and the guy is saying all the right stuff, religiously etc.

And he is working his ass off and got his team to the superbowl.
    It's all an act. The moment he is out of the media spotlight and not getting attention his true colors come out. Just a thug, nothing more. Paid his way out of a double-murder.

Hard to go after him when he disposed of the evidence and paid off the families to not talk don't you think?

And what about his "family" values? 6 kids with 4 women in how long of a span? Ya, what a role model.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh well, at least he is a rich thug that was kind enough to set the guys little kid up for life, as well as the parents.

I don't think "family values" and pro football players go hand and hand. I never said he's a good person. But constantly trying to bring him down over something that nobody has any proof of because he is doing good is stupid.

Facts are, they were at a party, people got into a fight, a guy got stabbed. RL + 2 other guys got into a limo and drove off. Thats all the facts there is.

he disposed of a suit that supposedly had blood on it, someone bleeding on you doesn't count as evidence that you murdered someone. (which nobody has found because as anyone with half a brain would do the same thing and get rid of it)

and the knife was found on the scene with no DNA or fingerprints of RL.

Everyone should learn the lesson to not be drunk dumbass's and this wont happen to you.

(im not even a ravens or ray lewis fan)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh well, at least he is a rich thug that was kind enough to set the guys little kid up for life, as well as the parents.
    Ya that's a fair trade for two lives especially when it's to protect ones own skin.

I don't think "family values" and pro football players go hand and hand. I never said he's a good person. But constantly trying to bring him down over something that nobody has any proof of because he is doing good is stupid.
    I'm not trying to bring him down but kind of funny how asking questions about A DOUBLE HOMICIDE is trying to bring someone down. Let's just pretend it never happened.

Facts are, they were at a party, people got into a fight, a guy got stabbed. RL + 2 other guys got into a limo and drove off. Thats all the facts there is.
    You forgot the fact that his blood soaked suit which was seen in as he left DISAPPEARED. Why? That's a fact. Also, he paid the families off. That's another fact.

he disposed of a suit that supposedly had blood on it, someone bleeding on you doesn't count as evidence that you murdered someone. (which nobody has found because as anyone with half a brain would do the same thing and get rid of it)
    I think the forensic experts would have liked to have had the suit and murder weapons, just a thought.

Everyone should learn the lesson to not be drunk dumbass's and this wont happen to you.
    Or make sure you are rich enough to get away with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    he disposed of a suit that supposedly had blood on it, someone bleeding on you doesn't count as evidence that you murdered someone.
    Dexter would beg to differ.

(which nobody has found because as anyone who is guilty of a crime with half a brain would do the same thing and get rid of it)
    Fixed in bold.

I never followed Ray Lewis or anything and just recently heard about people calling him a murderer so I looked it up. I'm willing to bet this whole "super religious" act of his started after he evaded the murder charge. The way he talks about it, it seems like he knows he's guilty and looking at it as a second chance. But, props to him for turning a bad situation into something somewhat positive.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ya that's a fair trade for two lives especially when it's to protect ones own skin.

I'm not trying to bring him down but kind of funny how asking questions about A DOUBLE HOMICIDE is trying to bring someone down. Let's just pretend it never happened.

You forgot the fact that his blood soaked suit which was seen in as he left DISAPPEARED. Why? That's a fact. Also, he paid the families off. That's another fact.

I think the forensic experts would have liked to have had the suit and murder weapons, just a thought.

Or make sure you are rich enough to get away with it.
    They did find the weapon. Which had no DNA or fingerprints of him on it.

And after being asked about this murder over and over, nobody is trying to figure out what happened, they are just bringing it up to keep that under his name of "it could have happened" and in turn tarnish his name.

People can say all kinds of things, we just had a man that was imprisoned for 18 years in florida and finally realized because someone called into crime stoppers and claimed it was him. Is that fair to say that everyone can say anything, even maybe lie? Without the suit, nobody knows. So unless your physic, then word of mouth of a suit that had blood on it (or maybe wine from the party) is not evidence.

And you don't have to be guilty to get rid of a suit that has blood on it (if it really did). Would you want to be wearing a suit with the blood of a guy that just just got into a fight with around you? Also remember he was at a party, so he was drunk. Most people don't make the best choices when drunk.

Again, not defending, just stating the other side of common sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I'm willing to bet this whole "super religious" act of his started after he evaded the murder charge. The way he talks about it, it seems like he knows he's guilty and looking at it as a second chance.
    That's EXACTLY how I feel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They did find the weapon. Which had no DNA or fingerprints of him on it.
    How do you know that was the one? How do you know it wasn't another knife?

And after being asked about this murder over and over, nobody is trying to figure out what happened, they are just bringing it up to keep that under his name of "it could have happened" and in turn tarnish his name.
    I think it's more like calling him on his act.

People can say all kinds of things, we just had a man that was imprisoned for 18 years in florida and finally realized because someone called into crime stoppers and claimed it was him. Is that fair to say that everyone can say anything, even maybe lie? Without the suit, nobody knows. So unless your physic, then word of mouth of a suit that had blood on it (or maybe wine from the party) is not evidence.
    Well then seems we know why the suit disappeared? And why he paid them off?

And you don't have to be guilty to get rid of a suit that has blood on it (if it really did). Would you want to be wearing a suit with the blood of a guy that just just got into a fight with around you? Also remember he was at a party, so he was drunk. Most people don't make the best choices when drunk.
    Because you do something when drunk does not mean you are innocent or else guys and girls could just use the "i was drunk" excuse for everything. Sorry I cheated, I was drunk. Sorry I ran you over, I was drunk.

Again, not defending, just stating the other side of common sense.
    Perfectly fine. I think him being guilty of obstruction of justice, testifying against his friends to save himself, disposing of evidence, and paying off the families so this goes away says enough about his common sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How do you know that was the one? How do you know it wasn't another knife?

I think it's more like calling him on his act.

Well then seems we know why the suit disappeared? And why he paid them off?

Because you do something when drunk does not mean you are innocent or else guys and girls could just use the "i was drunk" excuse for everything. Sorry I cheated, I was drunk. Sorry I ran you over, I was drunk.

Perfectly fine. I think him being guilty of obstruction of justice, testifying against his friends to save himself, disposing of evidence, and paying off the families so this goes away says enough about his common sense.
    How do you know that an alien didn't stab him? Hypothetical situations is not evidence.

There was no act, because it was not proven, So they would be called causing drama just to make drama.

The suit disappeared because he wanted it to, end of story about this suit that might or might not have had blood, or wine, or anything red on it. You can do whatever you want with your cloths, that doesn't make you guilty.

Taking off and getting rid of a suit at the time probably made more sense to him while he was drunk, its not an excuse. Im not saying thats why, who knows why, it cant be proven, so that makes us all look stupid assuming why. You might think you know why, but you dont.

He didn't pay them off, he paid them for the loss of their dad so that they could go back to living their life, which honestly as bad as it sounds, probably is better with the money they gave them, then with a dad that is out at parties getting in fights with football players. (that sounds really bad but oh well)

We don't know what happened at the party, why there was a fight, and why the guy got stabbed. For all we know he had a gun and pulled it out and the guy stabbed him and then the gun went missing because the victims friend got rid of it (if you want to use a hypothetical situation which like I said is useless because it cant be used)

There is no evidence, case closed, move on people more important things to deal with, like a society with kids shooting each other in schools because they're lonely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How do you know that an alien didn't stab him? Hypothetical situations is not evidence.
    Because no alien was seen covered in blood or later found guilty of obstruction of justice regarding the incident. No alien paid off the people involved either.

There was no act, because it was not proven, So they would be called causing drama just to make drama.
    We don't have proof for a lot of things we know happened. We know Amelia Earhart disappeared but we don't have proof of how or why.

The suit disappeared because he wanted it to, end of story about this suit that might or might not have had blood, or wine, or anything red on it. You can do whatever you want with your cloths, that doesn't make you guilty.
    Ya. If I didn't do anything wrong I wouldn't be throwing millions at people to shut up them up. What, is that how the Ray Lewis charity works?

Disposing of evidence doesn't help prove you aren't guilty. It kind of works in the opposite manner.

He didn't pay them off, he paid them for the loss of their dad so that they could go back to living their life, which honestly as bad as it sounds, probably is better with the money they gave them, then with a dad that is out at parties getting in fights with football players. (that sounds really bad but oh well)
    On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, pre-empting a scheduled civil proceeding. Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family.
    Looks to me it wasn't for them to go on with their lives but to prevent another trial, more looking at evidence, and knowing he would lose the civil suit and possible end up in even deeper trouble with more prodding.

We don't know what happened at the party, why there was a fight, and why the guy got stabbed. For all we know he had a gun and pulled it out and the guy stabbed him and then the gun went missing because the victims friend got rid of it (if you want to use a hypothetical situation which like I said is useless because it cant be used)
    Ya, and the tooth fairy got involved too.

There is no evidence, case closed, move on people more important things to deal with, like a society with kids shooting each other in schools because they're lonely.
    Just because there are other problems in the world doesn't mean you ignore the past.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Because no alien was seen covered in blood or later found guilty of obstruction of justice regarding the incident. No alien paid off the people involved either.

We don't have proof for a lot of things we know happened. We know Amelia Earhart disappeared but we don't have proof of how or why.

Ya. If I didn't do anything wrong I wouldn't be throwing millions at people to shut up them up. What, is that how the Ray Lewis charity works?

Disposing of evidence doesn't help prove you aren't guilty. It kind of works in the opposite manner.

Looks to me it wasn't for them to go on with their lives but to prevent another trial, more looking at evidence, and knowing he would lose the civil suit and possible end up in even deeper trouble with more prodding.

Ya, and the tooth fairy got involved too.

Just because there are other problems in the world doesn't mean you ignore the past.
    If he was guilty, he would be in jail. If not, you see where he is today. Unless you know more about the case then I do. Then you're going off your emotions and not evidence.

If it was easy enough as to "dump cloths off" every time someone was killed, how would you think we would find killers?

There was not enough evidence that showed he did. Thats all there is too it.

Call him a thug or a liar or whatever. But the facts are, he is innocent until proven guilty, if you do not believe in that mindset, leave the US lolol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If he was guilty, he would be in jail.
    You are not that naive.

If it was easy enough as to "dump cloths off" every time someone was killed, how would you think we would find killers?
    About a million other ways?

There was not enough evidence that showed he did. Thats all there is too it.
    Right... because he helped get rid of some of that evidence.

Call him a thug or a liar or whatever. But the facts are, he is innocent until proven guilty, if you do not believe in that mindset, leave the US lolol.
    Ya, OJ was found innocent. Clearly a perfect system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are not that naive.
    About a million other ways

Right... because he helped get rid of some of that evidence.

Ya, OJ was found innocent. Clearly a perfect system.

Really who cares, that was the very first post I made. none of us are affected by it. He either didn't do it, or he did a really good job making sure he wasn't caught. And if that was the case. Good for him.

Its like beating a dead horse. The guy that was killed should have been at home with his pregnant wife instead of a party anyways.

Put yourself in the wrong situation and then get into fights with people (rich football players) and bad things happen.

If you don't like the system that much, there are other countries.

Dont take this personal, im just stating the obvious, you know I like you sticky Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its like beating a dead horse. The guy that was killed should have been at home with his pregnant wife instead of a party anyways.
    And Lincoln should have skipped the theatre that night.

If you don't like the system that much, there are other countries.

Dont take this personal, im just stating the obvious, you know I like you sticky
    Admitting we aren't perfect and the justice system is flawed is accepting the truth. Going somewhere else won't fix our problems at home.

Trust me, I don't care one way or another about Ray Lewis. I'm just sick of this tired act and see through the BS:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And Lincoln should have skipped the theatre that night.

Admitting we aren't perfect and the justice system is flawed is accepting the truth. Going somewhere else won't fix our problems at home.

Trust me, I don't care one way or another about Ray Lewis. I'm just sick of this tired act and see through the BS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypzddbi_9KE

1. Lincoln was racist and all he did was free (black) slaves.
    2. Nothing is perfect, but if it really bugs you that much, then you can change where home is. But nothing is perfect

Ok now, i've cried during the national anthem when I was full of emotion at the start of a national hockey game way back when (not quite as dramatic) (also I think i was 12)

But I can see being full of emotions and possibly being your very last game after 12 years i think it is (not sure not a RL fan)

But remember they're paid to entertain. Football is just a bunch of guys playing a game for entertainment. And he's doing a good job not only selling tickets, but motivating his team to get to the Super Bowl.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1. Lincoln was racist and all he did was free (black) slaves.
    What a minor accomplishment winning the Civil War, preserving the Union, and ending slavery. Regardless, clearly he should have stayed home instead of "looking for trouble" right?

2. Nothing is perfect, but if it really bugs you that much, then you can change where home is. But nothing is perfect
    My point exactly. So perhaps people who have an issue with the flawed system would prefer to change it?

Ok now, i've cried during the national anthem when I was full of emotion at the start of a national hockey game way back when (not quite as dramatic) (also I think i was 12)

But I can see being full of emotions and possibly being your very last game after 12 years i think it is (not sure not a RL fan)
    Or a drama queen who now hides behind "God" and when people ask questions about this murder says oh it's time for "God" and not time to talk about that.

But remember they're paid to entertain. Football is just a bunch of guys playing a game for entertainment. And he's doing a good job not only selling tickets, but motivating his team to get to the Super Bowl.
    It's a sport and they are compensated for it. I'm getting entertainment value personally of him dodging the questions so I guess you're right in this respect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What a minor accomplishment winning the Civil War, preserving the Union, and ending slavery. Regardless, clearly he should have stayed home instead of "looking for trouble" right?

My point exactly. So perhaps people who have an issue with the flawed system would prefer to change it?

Or a drama queen who now hides behind "God" and when people ask questions about this murder says oh it's time for "God" and not time to talk about that.

It's a sport and they are compensated for it. I'm getting entertainment value personally of him dodging the questions so I guess you're right in this respect.
    /threads dead.

I just hope if anything like this ever happens to me, I will be innocent until proven guilty and not convicted based on peoples feelings or opinions. (Personal experience: My first job was lost because i was wrongly accused of theft, later to be compensated and apologized to by the accusers)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    /threads dead.
    Or just starting, you never know.

I just hope if anything like this ever happens to me, I will be innocent until proven guilty and not convicted based on peoples feelings or opinions.
    Of course you will be. Nobody had enough to convict him but that doesn't mean he didn't do anything wrong. He was found guilty of something in all of this. And he plead guilty actually.