Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    isn't it just a single 4" downpipe of the vishnu? it can follow the stock path then.?
    Here's an angle pic of the manifold FFTEC manifold being bolted on an N54. The manifold starts with the collectors going up & then coming at the top, clearly not following a similar path to the the OEM N54 manifold (which basically has the 3-banks collect immediately together go directly into the appropriate turbo)
    Attachment 24743

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    if you can't fit it in a turbo kit like that, there'd be no way you could even fit a high-mount :/.. if it has to do with the downpipe.
    Here's a finished install pic
    Attachment 24744

The N54 & FFTEC manifold def won't work if you want to go with a top mount setup. Eleventeen & CB Performance both have N54 top-mounts in the work, so with the right manifold it can be done.

Here's a pic of the CB Performance Manifold
    Attachment 24745
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Have you guys seen Advan's other posts though? All of their stuff is quality but ridiculously expensive. They do a lot of fabrication and custom stuff. I wouldn't take their $40k quote seriously in any shape or form.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Here's an angle pic of the manifold FFTEC manifold being bolted on an N54. It goes up & curls back down, clearly not following a similar path to the the OEM N54 manifold (which basically go directly down to the two small snails)
    Attachment 24743

Here's a finished install pic
    Attachment 24744

The N54 & FFTEC manifold def won't work if you want to go with a top mount setup. Eleventeen & CB Performance both have N54 top-mounts in the work, so with the right manifold it can be done.

Here's a pic of the CB Performance Manifold
    Attachment 24745
    yeah, if it curls up>in to the center, it wouldn't be near the steering rack (i'll confirm in an hour, go out to my car and take exhaust port>rack clearance measurements) then to my N54 and measure it's ports/manifolds.

i wasn't saying make a top mount out of the FFtec kit, i know their manifold is a standard mount style, i was saying top mounts in general.

that CB manifold looks aaaaaaaawesome though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    Have you guys seen Advan's other posts though? All of their stuff is quality but ridiculously expensive. They do a lot of fabrication and custom stuff. I wouldn't take their $40k quote seriously in any shape or form.
    true

welll.. their brake kits are cheap.. i've associated them with cheap taiwanese products rather than costing an arm and a leg lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by import36 Click here to enlarge
    exactly. imo...you're buying the turbo kit (or any turbo kit on any platform) to give you xxx amount of hp....not to properly set up the car for making spectacular runs. this topic has been beat down more than Asa Akira in an interracial gangbang....NO turbo kits include suspension/chassis mods, lsd, weight reduction, etc. why is this kit expected to be any different? when Shiv did his initial testing and runs for Edmund's mag (or whatever it was)...he disclosed every mod that had been done as far as chassis setup, etc. i looked at that as showing what the kit was capable of....not what my car would do if i bolted the kit onto a completely stock car. yeah...i'm sure there were some readers out there who thought "wow....i can bolt this sucker on and run 10's all day"...but i think we can agree that these are folks who should not have a setup like this in their posession.

anyways.....someone asked for the link to FBIS review. here's both links...one on his initial impressions (this includes dynos) and the other with his impressions after reflash (no dyno info):

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741598

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=751667
    yea, we got it, a couple people eeked out a few dyno's. but noone can get the car to perform on pavement.. ya know, that place that cars use in between dyno runs..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    yea, we got it, a couple people eeked out a few dyno's. but noone can get the car to perform on pavement.. ya know, that place that cars use in between dyno runs..
    typical response from you. i was addressing Flinchy's comments about lack of dynos...i kindly provided some info. thanks for playing though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Of course or how else do you justify $40k.
    Does a 335i with under 30k miles come with the kit at this price?
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

typical response from you. i was addressing Flinchy's comments about lack of dynos...i kindly provided some info. thanks for playing though...
    yes, how odd of me to point out the fact that noone other than the tuner himself, with a history of blatantly lying,
    http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index....9&topic=3828.0
    has been able to meekly improve upon the competitors+ competitors customers and options at a much lower price point..

and that dynos sell, but results speak for themselves..

ill say it again.. if you only have hp on a dyno, and not the street, do you really have it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    yes, how odd of me to point out the fact that noone other than the tuner himself, with a history of blatantly lying,
    http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index....9&topic=3828.0
    has been able to meekly improve upon the competitors+ competitors customers and options at a much lower price point..

and that dynos sell, but results speak for themselves..

ill say it again.. if you only have hp on a dyno, and not the street, do you really have it?
    i agree with you LM. all i'm saying is the kit obviously can make the 600+whp as advertised. now whether the customer's car is set up properly to lay down that power on the street...that's a different discussion. not sure what's soo difficult about this.

wow...neg repped. really? c'mon i really need those Vargas turbos....don't deplete my chances of winning! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    Does a 335i with under 30k miles come with the kit at this price?
    Well you might be able to negotiate $30k with one of the two ST cars that went up for sale weeks after the kits were installed

all i'm saying is the kit obviously can make the 600+whp as advertised. now whether the customer's car is set up properly to lay down that power on the street...that's a different discussion. not sure what's soo difficult about this.
    The car is setup completely fine if all you want to do is go straight really fast. The problem is that since this kit was put up for sale with all of Shiv's dyno sheets, no one's car with the kit has run right. It's great if these cars can all make glory pulls on a dyno, but I'd rather be under 600 WHP & have the car work flawlessly everytime I wanted to use it then have 650 WHP and the car only works when Shiv/Vishnu is there to "doctor" it
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

That Australian thread was an absolute hoot. I thoroughly enjoyed it but missed all the action here. Been on the road for a few days.

STICKY GET AN APP!!

Vishnu AKA Haltech LOL!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    That Australian thread was an absolute hoot. I thoroughly enjoyed it but missed all the action here. Been on the road for a few days.

STICKY GET AN APP!!

just got locked now

multiple members were goading me into baseless arguments in an attempt to make me look like an idiot and/or get banned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge

STICKY GET AN APP!!

Maybe an app this year, we'll see how it goes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Maybe an app this year, we'll see how it goes.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I am far from a vishnu fan boy I hate there customer service and I personally think the single turbo kit is a waste of money but I will say for just having a run of the mill rev procede 2.5 with no back end flash and with there pps meth kit on 17.5 psi full weight my car ran pretty good and consistant. But again i agree there customer service and whole single turbo pitch is worthless
    07 e92 335i 6spd FBO for now

03 z06. 402 with a YSI. 910whp 756wtq at 15psi 93 and meth. Current

2007 e90 335 6at Rb turbos, Fbo, meth 11.7 at 124mph 17psi 93 and meth. Sold

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123