Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

HPF 3.5'' Catback Exhaust..anybody see this?

Promising year for the N54 Platform.Click here to enlarge
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1500357

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hadn't seen it. It does sound pretty good though. Hopefully they will release a better vid when they are ready to sell
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, what a bunch of buzzkill comments on that forum. Sounds like puke, the N55 sounds way better? What a dumbass.

Anyway, I'm very much interested if they design a system like this for the 135i.

Sticky, is there someone registered here from HPF that can keep us updated on new products and info?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Wow, what a bunch of buzzkill comments on that forum. Sounds like puke, the N55 sounds way better? What a dumbass.

Anyway, I'm very much interested if they design a system like this for the 135i.

Sticky, is there someone registered here from HPF that can keep us updated on new products and info?
    HPF Chris is here but is not a supporting vendor... yet.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It sounds good, not sure if it is my fave or not, need to hear it in person.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It sounds good, not sure if it is my fave or not, need to hear it in person.
    Yep, most people don't realize it is almost impossible to really compare exhaust quality over the internet with a video. So many factors including microphone quality, environment, distance from sound source, the quality of speakers and sound card on the listener's computer, the equalizer on the listener's computer, the driving style, the level of mods done to the car and video compression when you upload.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I seen this and think it sounds great! I'm hoping they will release a 135i exhaust in the near future. Can't wait to see their upcoming single kit for our cars!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The video on E90 prompted me to say "holy fartcan". My statement was probably based on the limitations of video-internet translation. It's a sad pity that we all have to have superpower ears, or, find a "real" car that we can hear in person to judge sound accurately. I'm stoked on AE - minimal drone for my MT, vs. others, acknowledged that it is present in a smaller amount (I ordered after I heard it on somebodies car in person). HPF I believe is catering to the "flexing" crowd. Maybe there is a fine line with a Ferrari and a gassy Civic thanks to the internet? Who the truck knows? I hope people are smarter than me and actually hear an exhaust before they pull the trigger and have it installed (Still, SO glad that I have that f-ing AFE is off my car...). Lost in translation - "Encinitas", "Is the AFE loud and does it drone badly?", ModBargains, "Nope, we are partners with them - why would we sell a product that "drones". Encinitas Newb, "Well, why is it like 5-- bucks cheaper? Well, we are looking to get the word out on how great this exhaust is..." My point is an exhaust is one of the most notable components of your/my car. Do yourself a favor and hear it in person. I have NO clue if the HPF exhaust sounds like a civic aftermarket or not. I just posted because it sounded loud and obnoxious on there video - however, it might be the best one out there (And, opinions are like a-holes right? everyone has one).. Sorry HPF if it is solid and euro sounding. We just need to find a better way to showcase exhausts in my opinion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Spoolin Click here to enlarge
    I seen this and think it sounds great! I'm hoping they will release a 135i exhaust in the near future. Can't wait to see their upcoming single kit for our cars!
    I completely forgot about that turbo kit, things have been quiet on that front.