Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    All cars flatline, including pump gas cars.
    I can't speak for the newer pump gas maps from Cobb, but I didn't flatline on Stage 2+ v301 IJE0S (I never updated it since I didn't have an issue with that map). I still have that map saved on my computer whenever I get another AP later this year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    I can't speak for the newer pump gas maps from Cobb, but I didn't flatline on Stage 2+ v301 IJE0S (I never updated it since I didn't have an issue with that map). I still have that map saved on my computer whenever I get another AP later this year.
    I didnt flatline if I let the trans shift itself on v301. Try shifting at 6000 rpm though, you'll still flatline

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I didnt flatline if I let the trans shift itself on v301. Try shifting at 6000 rpm though, you'll still flatline
    Well yeah, once I figured out how not to make it flatline, I just let the trans shift itself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That would explain why the shifts are crisper in DS than Manual.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    Well yeah, once I figured out how not to make it flatline, I just let the trans shift itself.
    problem is letting the trans shift itself on a tuned N54 isn't really the best for performance. You want to short shift in the higher gears for max acceleration. And I still flatlined timing in all cylinders going into 5th gear after a sustained WOT pull.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jetbill Click here to enlarge
    That would explain why the shifts are crisper in DS than Manual.
    Not really, try using paddle shifters with the stick in D, start in 1st gear, same thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not really, try using paddle shifters with the stick in D, start in 1st gear, same thing.
    Please elaborate, I'm not sure I'm understanding the comment here.
    I haven't logged to prove no timing drops in DS or D yet, but it seems plausible.
    I also wouldnt would use paddle shifters in D, especially on a road course.

It would be nice if cobb would fix it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

I haven't logged to prove no timing drops in DS or D yet, but it seems plausible.

Regardless of which "Drive" mode you're in (D, DS or Manual), all 6ATs using the COBB flash are experiencing flatlining, usually going into 5th gear. Stacking the JB4 + COBB has recovered some timing & some people modifying their COBB tunes have had some progress getting some timing back, but there is still not 100% solution at this time.

I called COBB ~1 month ago & they said "they're working on it", but there was no time frame on when to expect the 6AT timing issue being resolved.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Regardless of which "Drive" mode you're in (D, DS or Manual), all 6ATs using the COBB flash are experiencing flatlining, usually going into 5th gear. Stacking the JB4 + COBB has recovered some timing & some people modifying their COBB tunes have had some progress getting some timing back, but there is still not 100% solution at this time.

I called COBB ~1 month ago & they said "they're working on it", but there was no time frame on when to expect the 6AT timing issue being resolved.
    Agreed, all of it. I was surprised to see a comment here that the drops didn't exist when I "D or DS" mode.

Im sure cobb will have a fix soon ,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

You stated shifts are crisper in DS, I stated you're wrong, not really flatline related. Sorry for the confusion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You stated shifts are crisper in DS, I stated you're wrong, not really flatline related. Sorry for the confusion.
    So the ecu doesn't retard timing intentionally to reduce torque between shifts, creating smoother shifts?
    When timing drops or flatlines as some have experienced especially with AT, conceptually speaking wouldn't it give you the same outcome?

yea, Iam confused. :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

When I was testing the flatline fix for Terry he stated I did not need the flatline fix, that is with me shifting at 6,200 rpms. Version "I8A0S"
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    When I was testing the flatline fix for Terry he stated I did not need the flatline fix, that is with me shifting at 6,200 rpms. Version "I8A0S"
    Do you have any logs? And are you an MT, AT or DCT?? Last I've seen, Terry has gotten some of the timing back with his flatline fix, not all of it (which is still progress, but not 100% fix).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Do you have any logs? And are you an MT, AT or DCT?? Last I've seen, Terry has gotten some of the timing back with his flatline fix, not all of it (which is still progress, but not 100% fix).
    yeah, I have a lot of logs... I will post them when I get home.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Depends on the car. Some get 7 degrees some get 9 some get full advance. I get 9 post shift.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

So the ecu doesn't retard timing intentionally to reduce torque between shifts, creating smoother shifts?
    When timing drops or flatlines as some have experienced especially with AT, conceptually speaking wouldn't it give you the same outcome?

yea, Iam confused. :-)
    Yes, the transmission does tell the DME to retard the timing during the shift. That is why you see timing drop off the map during a shift. The flat lining problem people are talking about here happens after the shift is over.

Please look at the first post. Right when the RPM changes during a shift, the ignition advance drops all the way off. This is expected.

This is an example of the flat lining this thread is concerned with

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...03&postcount=3

Notice how the ignition advance never really recovers post-shift.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oops wrong thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123