Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    The corrections seen on a 6MT are nowhere as bad as what the 6AT cars see. I know 6MT with NLS have a tendency to flatline though.
    I used to trigger it with old firmware but haven't in a while with newer ISO. I just didn't know what it was back then. I bet I could do it again with NLS because I can feel it sometimes when I shift fast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And everyone experiences this?
    Some have it worse than others.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quite a few 6MT cars were flatlining when NLS and using meth. I was doing some meth vs no meth testing on the NLS right before I sold mine. I noticed that for 6MT during the shift that meth continued to spray. Not sure if that was a factor but I do recall that I flatlined a lot less (if at all, i don't remember) when not spraying meth.

The corrections seen on a 6MT are nowhere as bad as what the 6AT cars see. I know 6MT with NLS have a tendency to flatline though.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, apparently Cobb has been working on it since August of last year. People have given up and jusT stacked a JB4 or eliminated cobb completely. I have experienced negative 18 degrees post shift on AT on about thirty or more logs over the course of a year.

I was told by Cobb (Josh or Jason) that a fix is around the corner.

I will say that in my opinion Cobb's has very good support.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jetbill Click here to enlarge
    Yes, apparently Cobb has been working on it since August of last year. People have given up and jusT stacked a JB4 or eliminated cobb completely. I have experienced negative 18 degrees post shift on AT on about thirty or more logs over the course of a year.

I was told by Cobb (Josh or Jason) that a fix is around the corner.

I will say that in my opinion Cobb's has very good support.
    Why does it seem to be prevalent with Cobb only?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why does it seem to be prevalent with Cobb only?
    With flash tuning alone you are not able to disassociate DME perceived load and actual load. So they are more limited in that regard to working up a fix.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    With flash tuning alone you are not able to disassociate DME perceived load and actual load. So they are more limited in that regard to working up a fix.
    Is limited the right word or is it simply more difficult?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think every 6AT is having the problem. Basically you can rip through 2nd, 3rd & 4th, but the minute you go into 5th the power isn't there
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is limited the right word or is it simply more difficult?
    Some cars have the issue on all gears, others only going in to 4th or 5th. There are some tricks for working around it but so far I have yet to see a permanent universal solution for flash only cars. Cobb adds tables every now and again so hopefully one of those unlocks what we need. Until then we've got a good work around in place using the JB4. My life would be easier if we could run the JB4 on top of our flash without the work around in place, though!
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does your fix work for MT NLS?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have not had anyone with a MT NLS flatline contact me so I'm not sure there is a global problem with that? If you have the issue and want to try it out just email me. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just curious? do meth cars flatline?
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    just curious? do meth cars flatline?
    All cars flatline, including pump gas cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All cars flatline, including pump gas cars.
    so all cars flatline w all tunes on all octanes in the higher gears except the jb4 cobb cars? seems a bit absurd...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, apparently Cobb has been working on it since August of last year. People have given up and jusT stacked a JB4 or eliminated cobb completely. I have experienced negative 18 degrees post shift on AT on about thirty or more logs over the course of a year. I was told by Cobb (Josh or Jason) that a fix is around the corner.I will say that in my opinion Cobb's has very good support.
    How do you notice it in driving? Is it something dramatic or can it hardly be felt?
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    so all cars flatline w all tunes on all octanes in the higher gears except the jb4 cobb cars? seems a bit absurd...
    The reason why the JB4 + Cobb setup works is because boost is actually controlled by the JB4 and the DME is not fully aware of it. The DME-perceived load is actually lower than stock, done on the flash side. The 6AT flatline (and it appears 6MT NLS flatlines) are due to the DME cutting timing to reduce what it perceives as excessive torque.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    How do you notice it in driving? Is it something dramatic or can it hardly be felt?
    Butt dyno won't really tell you much, but when you're racing someone and you flatline, you'll know. There is a video of a GTI vs a PTF car vs a JB4 car both flatlining that clearly shows the difference here somewhere.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My car flatlined in most gears and when it did I personally felt the power loss..
    The sound of the intake and the exhaust note was noticably different as well.. Picture a dyno pull with -3 deg of timing Click here to enlargethen do a pull with 10-13deg of timing Click here to enlarge

Unless you log the car and look at actual ign timing most will not know their car suffers from the flatlined ign timing..
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah ok. So it's not that "completely no power after 2-3 shift" I noticed once or twice last year. That's a different issue then.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any more developments on a work around on the cobb timing drops?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We have not made any changes to our back end flash in a few weeks. It's been working pretty well.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    We have not made any changes to our back end flash in a few weeks. It's been working pretty well.
    I guess I was referring to cobb stand alone flash. Maybe I'll just stack a jb 4 on it since cobb hasn't made any progress.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess I was referring to cobb stand alone flash. Maybe I'll just stack a jb 4 on it since cobb hasn't made any progress.
    Some progress, not 100% yet tho
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I found something interesting in the BMW TIS under Technical Information.

There it says that the Mechatronics(EGS-Control Module) sends a command to the DME when shifting that the DME retards timing and shortens the injection time.

I don't know if thats common knowledge but i thougt worth mentioning.
    It would seem that getting into the Trans electronic would be really great for the AT guys.

I can upload the document, but its in german and not really much more info in there.
    BMW 335i xDrive MT
    COBB Stage2+|Wagner FMIC|CPe-Downpipes|BMW Performance Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lorddrinkalot Click here to enlarge
    I found something interesting in the BMW TIS under Technical Information.

There it says that the Mechatronics(EGS-Control Module) sends a command to the DME when shifting that the DME retards timing and shortens the injection time.

I don't know if thats common knowledge but i thougt worth mentioning.
    It would seem that getting into the Trans electronic would be really great for the AT guys.

I can upload the document, but its in german and not really much more info in there.
    Yep, that's common knowledge. This thread relates to the fact timing does not hit target after the shift. The BMS flash resolves this partially.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast