Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 168
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,060
    Rep Points
    31,286.9
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    In case it gets deleted I responded to Roman on Mfest:

    Weak excuse imo. Sticky isn't going to be operating the equipment so what do you care if he organized it or not? Besides if that was a problem you should have stated that from the very beginning not that last minute its not like he just now got his Gintani kit so get real. Besides how would that possibly affect the outcome if he has no control of the testing equipment? It wouldn't make a difference if he did it or I did it or mike did it or you did it so I don't get where you're coming from sorry. Quit acting like ESS's $#@! don't stink and get out there and do your thing or get ran the $#@! over by the competition its real simple.
    This is essentially 100% correct.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,060
    Rep Points
    31,286.9
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    $#@! it. Just buy their tune. They already know the outcome, thats why they are not coming.
    If this is what it takes, so be it.

    We will get proxy representation but before that I will continue to attempt to do whatever I can to get ESS to agree.

    They want yet another date? Fine, they will get it. They want a third party? Fine, they don't have to deal with me in any fashion, they can talk to DC Performance as Powerchip has been doing. Wayne has actually been a superb business man, grabbing the competition by the balls and calling up DC, who will be running it, to see exactly what is up. Why ESS can't discuss the procedures with the company actually responsible for running the equipment, reading it, and watching the tuners is beyond me.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,060
    Rep Points
    31,286.9
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    My response to some retard hater on Mfest:

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Corey J Dillon Click here to enlarge
    You guys should step away from the keyboards and look at what is happening here. You've got one guy who says "hey, let's do a dyno day maybe sometime in summer" Then you've got another guy who wants to make a name for himself who says "yeah, let's do it." Then without so much as a single email going back and forth, the guy who needs the credibility sets this thing up and doesn't even bother to check if the dates are OK. He sets a date, books hotel rooms, then calls out the vendor who never promised to show up in the first place and was never even consulted if the date was OK. The most he got out of ESS was HOPE to be there SOMETIME in summer. Well summer is three months long, and if that's the sole basis of Sticky's "legal claim" that ESS should be there, then I guess ESS has until September 20th to show up. Sorry to break up your little bashing party with some common sense -- you may now return to your regularly scheduled pre-programmed thoughts.
    Excuse me, not a single e-mail?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    Ok, I understand you are busy no need to confirm the exactly date yet. But you do agree to a friendly dyno comparison? Your E92 M3 tune vs. others, Your SC vs. others, and how about your N54 tune as well?

    - Joseph
    From: Asbjorn Bohn
    To: administrator@bimmerboost.com
    Sent: Thu, May 13, 2010 1:13:50 AM
    Subject: Re: Dyno graphs

    Absolutely! We have been wanting to do this since day 1, fair and independent comparisons is what the public needs. This way we know exactly what is what under the exact same conditions. Do you have a dyno facility in mind that could work? We prefer DynoJet as neither dyno or drf files can be manipulated if that is cool with you? We also have to rig up some sort of fuel extraction system so we can empty and refill cars from the same pump before testing to eliminate octane variables. Boost logging is also a must imo.

    -Asbjorn Bohn
    What are you talking about? I ask, point blank, do you agree.

    The response: Absolutely!

    With a freaking exclamation point. Holy crap man, does Absolutely! from ESS mean, oh, just kidding, we are going to back out at the last minute? Yes, your common sense is quite impressive.

    ESS never bothered to provide a concrete date, just said summer, and left the rest up to me to organize. So, I made two attempts at a date even though that wasn't good enough. I rescheduled, that wasn't good enough. They never had any intention of following through! This can still be done if they actually stop dodging what date would work. I will do yet another reschedule in the attempt of yet again bridging any gap and providing ESS with anything they request out of respect for their wishes. You can keep making childish personal attacks, I'm trying to accommodate.

    I don't see the problem here, I'm not operating any equipment, a third party is exactly as they requested. If they have any demands, they can deal with that same third party who will be monitoring the tuners and providing the dyno results. So maybe you should know what you are talking about before providing nonsense, not common sense.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On a Isalnd
    Posts
    148
    Rep Points
    77.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxe92xx Click here to enlarge
    good product? if someone just entered the S65 tuning world, all they would see is the dyno manipulating, falsely promised numbers, and just a shady company in general
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxe92xx Click here to enlarge
    if everyone else is attending why cant they? weak ass product, childish company
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    ESS just seems to carry this attitude like their $#@! don't stink and that no one else can tune like that can and that every other company should bow down. Which is funny cause they haven't earned that reputation no matter how many people bought their kits.

    I donít want to take this thread off topic but .. Really?

    I understand the dyno story and all but is there any other company out there that is running a supercharger system that is not running meth or colder plugs for the S65? No ... You need a pretty damn good tune to be boosting the S65 at 7.5 PSI with no meth and with the stock plugs. Please donít think that Iím against the use of meth. Iím all for it and will be running it myself soon. All Iím saying is that these guys have a really good tune and a really good product.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Would you be willing?
    I'm not 100% sure but I know a few guys at Matson and I've already called them to see how much the cost would be. I'm not to sure about work but I can also talk to Long Tran to see if he would be willing to baby sit my car for me Click here to enlarge

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The only reason i think ESS or any other company not willing to participate in this event is that their products are not up to par with other companies in the tuning world.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,060
    Rep Points
    31,286.9
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 808E90 Click here to enlarge
    I'm not 100% sure but I know a few guys at Matson and I've already called them to see how much the cost would be. I'm not to sure about work but I can also talk to Long Tran to see if he would be willing to baby sit my car for me Click here to enlarge
    I understand, cool that at least you are willing to explore the possibility Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 808E90 Click here to enlarge
    I don’t want to take this thread off topic but .. Really?

    I understand the dyno story and all but is there any other company out there that is running a supercharger system that is not running meth or colder plugs for the S65? No ... You need a pretty damn good tune to be boosting the S65 at 7.5 PSI with no meth and with the stock plugs. Please don’t think that I’m against the use of meth. I’m all for it and will be running it myself soon. All I’m saying is that these guys have a really good tune and a really good product.
    I understand what you are saying and yes their product is good. However, every other company out there is running/selling SC kits that don't use Meth! It's called "options." Click here to enlarge There is a Gintani car running 7.5psi or more, on 91 octane, NO METH, Stock plugs and he has for a long time.

    I also ran stock plugs on 91+Meth, in fact all of the OTS, (stock internals) Gintani cars are running stock plugs. From what I know, there is no ESS car in the states running 7.5psi on 91 octane, or 93. One car has ran 8.5psi, but he runs 100 octane at that boost level. As you know, if you want more "reliable" power you're going to have to run higher octane / race fuel or meth to keep it safer with any kit, it's not about how good the tuning is at that point , although a good tune will certainly keep your motor safer.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    326
    Rep Points
    512.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Why cant you just do it without them? Looks like they have something to hide, so just do the shootout and note ESS did not participate cause they were scarred lol

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    818
    Posts
    521
    Rep Points
    549.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    I understand what you are saying and yes their product is good. However, every other company out there is running/selling SC kits that don't use Meth! It's called "options." Click here to enlarge There is a Gintani car running 7.5psi or more, on 91 octane, NO METH, Stock plugs and he has for a long time.

    I also ran stock plugs on 91+Meth, in fact all of the OTS, (stock internals) Gintani cars are running stock plugs. From what I know, there is no ESS car in the states running 7.5psi on 91 octane, or 93. One car has ran 8.5psi, but he runs 100 octane at that boost level. As you know, if you want more "reliable" power you're going to have to run higher octane / race fuel or meth to keep it safer with any kit, it's not about how good the tuning is at that point , although a good tune will certainly keep your motor safer.
    +1

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    743
    Rep Points
    1,050.8
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Carry on without them, I would not give them any more press talking about it even if it is bad.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,060
    Rep Points
    31,286.9
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fast4door Click here to enlarge
    Why cant you just do it without them? Looks like they have something to hide, so just do the shootout and note ESS did not participate cause they were scarred lol
    Well because ESS is the one who got this whole thing going in the first place. It was all due to their request. Much of the main attraction was to have Powerchip go up against ESS since this stemmed from earlier issues. They said they had nothing to hide, well, they are hiding.

    ESS agreed to a third party comparison that I would organize, they lied. They showed absolutely no respect to their fellow tuners or for my considerable time and cost.

    In retrospect, I don't think ESS actually ever expected me to keep my word and manage to pull this off. I called their bluff so to speak by actually managing to arrange this with all the main parties. That is why they asked to organize it, they didn't think it actually could/would be done.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    8
    Rep Points
    2.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but why is Active Autowerke not on the list?

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    307
    Rep Points
    182.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    This does seem quite shady of them and I hope it works out. In fact, I would pay for this kind of info, so if they don't show up, f them.
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

    Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,060
    Rep Points
    31,286.9
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by OverDrive Click here to enlarge
    sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but why is Active Autowerke not on the list?
    Yes, it has been mentioned elsewhere but no problem.

    Active Autowerke is in Florida so it would be difficult to get them to fly out to participate. I will see if we can get their flash tune possibly and we will just flash it ourselves on their behalf if they would be willing.

    If you would like to see Active Autowerke participate, e-mail omurray@activeautowerke.com.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,060
    Rep Points
    31,286.9
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    This does seem quite shady of them and I hope it works out. In fact, I would pay for this kind of info, so if they don't show up, f them.
    If they don't show up we will simply source ESS cars from elsewhere and ESS will participate whether they like it or not. I'm not about to let them piss all over the hard work everyone has put in for months just because ESS lacks integrity, respect, and responsibility.

    The dyno shootout will be revised and go ahead as planned.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #66
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    left lane
    Posts
    903
    Rep Points
    218.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    wow this is crazy

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    8
    Rep Points
    2.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, it has been mentioned elsewhere but no problem.

    Active Autowerke is in Florida so it would be difficult to get them to fly out to participate. I will see if we can get their flash tune possibly and we will just flash it ourselves on their behalf if they would be willing.

    If you would like to see Active Autowerke participate, e-mail omurray@activeautowerke.com.
    gotcha..
    What about their supercharger? I'd like to see that in the comparisons as well

  18. #68
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    528
    Rep Points
    423.6
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The dyno shootout will be revised and go ahead as planned.
    This doesn't mean that you're going to switch the dates again, are you?
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,060
    Rep Points
    31,286.9
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by OverDrive Click here to enlarge
    gotcha..
    What about their supercharger? I'd like to see that in the comparisons as well
    The supercharger would be incredibly difficult to do unless they have a West Coast car.

    Make sure you e-mail, and if they see interest we can probably make it happen!
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,060
    Rep Points
    31,286.9
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ronin Click here to enlarge
    This doesn't mean that you're going to switch the dates again, are you?
    Yes.. you won't kill me will you?

    I need time to revise the event schedule now as well as source some ESS cars on my own. That will take time unfortunately since ESS had the decency Click here to enlarge to lead me on up until the last minute.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    79
    Rep Points
    101.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just an FYI. The only reason I chose Powerchip for tuning my 2011 M3 (paid for and waiting for final testing) is because of what I read on M3Post.com from ESS regarding PC. I would have to think that the negativity that I witnessed on M3Post could not be good for any business. I would hope that a business making these accusation would be willing to come forward and participate in a friendly 3rd party comparison.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    528
    Rep Points
    423.6
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes.. you won't kill me will you?

    I need time to revise the event schedule now as well as source some ESS cars on my own. That will take time unfortunately since ESS had the decency Click here to enlarge to lead me on up until the last minute.
    Dammit, man! Click here to enlarge You have a month..you don't think you can source the cars inside that time? It'd save you money and time in the long run if you operated under the schedule you already have set, I'd think.
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,060
    Rep Points
    31,286.9
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW3R Click here to enlarge
    Just an FYI. The only reason I chose Powerchip for tuning my 2011 M3 (paid for and waiting for final testing) is because of what I read on M3Post.com from ESS regarding PC. I would have to think that the negativity that I witnessed on M3Post could not be good for any business. I would hope that a business making these accusation would be willing to come forward and participate in a friendly 3rd party comparison.
    The voice of reason Click here to enlarge

    It was a friendly third part comparison. I don't know why ESS would have anything against DC Performance, it is a venue that is not associated with any of these tuners and does not even really do any BMW work. Vipers dominate their workload, it is a third party dynojet exactly as requested. I worked very hard for months to get them the perfect venue that they demanded in California.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,060
    Rep Points
    31,286.9
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ronin Click here to enlarge
    Dammit, man! Click here to enlarge You have a month..you don't think you can source the cars inside that time? It'd save you money and time in the long run if you operated under the schedule you already have set, I'd think.
    It would save me time and money but it would not be the event I promised. I owe you all exactly what I said I was going to make happen. The users are expecting a big comparison with all the big names and I am going to deliver it. I could easily just skip ESS but our users expect more and I intend to give the more.

    Yes, it will now take more time and money but I do not mind. If you guys are ok with waiting a little bit longer it will be even better. I apologize for this inconvenience.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    235
    Rep Points
    174.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It would save me time and money but it would not be the event I promised. I owe you all exactly what I said I was going to make happen. The users are expecting a big comparison with all the big names and I am going to deliver it. I could easily just skip ESS but our users expect more and I intend to give the more.

    Yes, it will now take more time and money but I do not mind. If you guys are ok with waiting a little bit longer it will be even better. I apologize for this inconvenience.
    What are you apologizing for? Romin being an ***hat and backing out at the last minute? F*ck ESS. If they don't participate it just makes them look bad. You've worked hard getting this setup and everyone appreciates it. With or without those **** pirates it will be an awesome event!
    "I hate you, you, and especially you and hope that all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •