Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Playing around with map 6

Ok now before i post this and people start going out and putting in these values and in doing so messing their car up i would like to say that this is a very aggressive boost curve and needs to be monitored.

that being said my mods are:
    full straight piped exhaust
    Vrsf downpipes
    Vrsf intercooler
    BMS DCI
    JB4 g5 iso 17 hex i think...
    cobb backend flash
    80% e85/93
    walbro 455lph

i am running the cobb e85_v2 flash with the newest g5 iso firmware

the car pulls really really hard i have only had one problem with the map when it threw a 28DC code when boost over shot. Other than that it is a pretty amazing curve and im looking to get it on a dyno in a few weeks with some tweaks.

last night on a map 7 i slowly pulled away from a e36 m3 with a hta3582r on 15 creeping up 18psi he had a passenger approx car weight was 3600 my car with me and a trunk full of crap weighs 3750 ish also he was on 97 octane and meth. Those cars will put down 430whp on just 15 psi no creep on the same turbo

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Add PWM to the graph please. Are you maxing it out? You are grossly missing your boost target.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have an auto transmission? Bear with me as I'm still learning how to read logs, but it appears as though you are getting some pretty substantial throttle closures and post-shift timing drops. Is that an accurate assessment?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes car is an auto here is the log with pwm addedClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Weird, I'd ask Terry what he thinks. You're pretty far off boost target.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Timing flatline going into 5th?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't like it but I already told him that via email. Click here to enlarge

I'd stick with map 7. On the flash end for racing the flatline fix map is going to be a little faster. The flash he is running uses higher load targets and some other experimental changes that are a work in progress.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 01-26-2013 at 03:10 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge

I'd stick with map 7. On the flash end for racing the flatline fix map is going to be a little faster. The flash he is running uses higher load targets and some other experimental changes that are a work in progress.
    So this guy is running the "new" flatline fix that does it piggy side instead of flash side?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    So this guy is running the "new" flatline fix that does it piggy side instead of flash side?
    To be honest I'm not sure what he is testing in those logs. There are 10 versions of various things floating around. Whatever it is isn't working in that log, of course. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 01-26-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sticky can you delete this thread

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge

Ya, it kind of looks like $#@! tbh. Shouldn't be overshooting that hard and then under boost by so much on top end. If that's the curve you want, you can probably get it in Map 6 without the tweaks that are throwing things wonky I'd think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Ya, it kind of looks like $#@! tbh. Shouldn't be overshooting that hard and then under boost by so much on top end. If that's the curve you want, you can probably get it in Map 6 without the tweaks that are throwing things wonky I'd think.
    There are reasons it's doing what its doing. But if he wanted to start custom tuning he should have gone back to the normal flash and firmware first. He just didn't know that.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WDBi Click here to enlarge
    sticky can you delete this thread
    I see no reason to.