Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Myst is wrong on the 2deg. There maybe some passive retard due to processing but this will be factions of a deg at most. its fine (and advantageous) to retain and use cps.
    Potentially with rev2.5 the factions of a deg was accounted for by leading/fall edge of the tooth to have more accurate advance... I'm not sure of the specifics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i had the same issue with my JB4, would max out the AFR's lean and i couldnt do anything about it due to its severe lack of user custom tuning... and the only answers i ever received were that it was an 02 sensor...

switched to procede and havent had a single issue since.. car is now FBO, procede, reflash, and Vishnu E85 kit, and i couldnt be happier with it.. every time i pick up the phone to call vishnu, i speak with someone extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly...

sad to see so much bashing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by deploytosave Click here to enlarge
    Based on Shiv's own actions, not really. He brought it all on himself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Myst is wrong on the 2deg. There maybe some passive retard due to processing but this will be factions of a deg at most. its fine (and advantageous) to retain and use cps.
    Potentially with rev2.5 the factions of a deg was accounted for by leading/fall edge of the tooth to have more accurate advance... I'm not sure of the specifics.
    2.5 supposedly has a better processor for CPS. To be fair this was only based on my experiences with rev2. However, I do not see anything changing in this regard and I still can't see why CPS would be advantageous when you can simply write in the timing table flash side.

You can view the trigger sync monitor to see what cps attempts to do.

Shiv confirmed the 2 degree offset even with ignition correction at 0 when he came to NYC for misfire testing.
    In @Tzu case this is relevant since he does not have a rev2.5 or 3.

More so in your case since you run 14 psi with no meth or E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For my personal setup, this is how I use cps:
    I run a curve of about 9 to 12.5 in the DME
    On meth I run the full timing at WOT with some slight adv by cps mostly in the top depending on boost. At part throttle some staggered adv when on meth.
    *Myst, I don’t think you understand the throttle relationship with DME/piggy boost… once DME hits WOT (which is very early with your flatline fix map) you have WOT timing during a fairly large window of throttle x – 100%*

Off meth I use cps of course. I also run e85 and depending on my mix I adjust accordingly through cps… easier then editing/flashing a new map IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With a modified flash map using ISO logic you do wind up with a little less advance at some of the heavy part throttle positions than you would otherwise. But it all depends on how it's mapped out. At what point you cross over from actual load reported to false load reported and how those load values have been mapped out in the flash. Normally at say 40% throttle input someone is not worried about whether they have 150#/ft of torque or 170#/ft of torque. What matters is consistency there at the part throttle targets. If they want more torque they just press the gas pedal down more.

There are many options to mapping out whatever the particular needs are but net/net I'm not a CPS fan . I see no need for it except when using nitrous when you might have a legitimate need for an on demand retard.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 01-25-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i had the same issue with my JB4, would max out the AFR's lean and i couldnt do anything about it due to its severe lack of user custom tuning... and the only answers i ever received were that it was an 02 sensor...

switched to procede and havent had a single issue since.. car is now FBO, procede, reflash, and Vishnu E85 kit, and i couldnt be happier with it.. every time i pick up the phone to call vishnu, i speak with someone extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly...

Shiv?!?! HES BACK!!!!!!!!!
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    For my personal setup, this is how I use cps:
    I run a curve of about 9 to 12.5 in the DME
    On meth I run the full timing at WOT with some slight adv by cps mostly in the top depending on boost. At part throttle some staggered adv when on meth.
    *Myst, I don’t think you understand the throttle relationship with DME/piggy boost… once DME hits WOT (which is very early with your flatline fix map) you have WOT timing during a fairly large window of throttle x – 100%*

Off meth I use cps of course. I also run e85 and depending on my mix I adjust accordingly through cps… easier then editing/flashing a new map IMO.
    So you are going through all that to run basically the stock timing curve on meth?

So you fiddle with a 3 degree advance range thru cps for part throttle?

Hey if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy doing things that way, more power to you.

Ps: flashing between pump and race takes 45 seconds. Just about as much time fiddling with a laptop changing ignition correction and cps values. Oh wait no flashing is actually easier!

I think almost everyone here disagrees with your ass backwards approach. Think long and hard as to why that may be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Although I never personally had issues with vishnu customer service, your story makes zero sense considering the JB3 and JB4 both had wider bias range than any Procede.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Although I never personally had issues with vishnu customer service, your story makes zero sense considering the JB3 and JB4 both had wider bias range than any Procede.
    He says he procedeflashed the DME, so it is not relying on the bias only.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He was browsing the other day. His ego doesn't allow him to ignore what is posted here. Awesome.
    Why would he take the time to read the forum but not a fraction of that time to make a post or two to help his customers out?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Why would he take the time to read the forum but not a fraction of that time to make a post or two to help his customers out?
    Because you offer better Vishnu support than he does?

But in all seriousness it's pretty common to see no response given when people are asking for help, nothing new. Of course there are exceptions... like 1 or 2.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Ive been running a procede for a while now, and as of late, they have stepped up their customer service game. When i send out an email, ill get a reply within a day or two with the answer i am looking for. I realized i wasnt asking the right people (i was going directly to Shiv, when i should have gone to the sales team as a whole). Much quicker and more complete replies.

Still not up to Terry@BMSs standards, but its getting better.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    Ive been running a procede for a while now, and as of late, they have stepped up their customer service game. When i send out an email, ill get a reply within a day or two with the answer i am looking for. I realized i wasnt asking the right people (i was going directly to Shiv, when i should have gone to the sales team as a whole). Much quicker and more complete replies.

Still not up to Terry@BMSs standards, but its getting better.
    I'm glad the complaints are starting to make a difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Talked to Vishnu today. They told me Shiv thinks it is either the injectors or stock DME flash and to see how it does after I get the reflash and install the VFF700 kit next weekend. FWIW I had the injector recall before and they checked the injectors and replaced one bank. So we will see how it does after I install the VFF700 with the DME flash.

Although I think something is amiss somewhere with max fuel trims on pump gas at this low boost, but we will see. I also was not able to log that LPFP voltage as it snowed and I had to leave my car at my school parking deck. I'll report back the LPFP diagnosis hopefully tomorrow.

On a more positive note, my Kosei K1's and Hoosiers arrived today. Should have some drag times March 23rd when the track opens and some dyno numbers sooner.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the updates, let us know how it goes!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will do, I plan on making a build thread when I install everything.

VFF700
    Defiv Lockdown
    Spec 2+ & Steel FW
    Quafie
    DSS Axles
    Water Pump & TS (might as well at 60k miles)
    Kosei K1's & Hoosier DOT Radial 275/40/17

I might do subframe bushings, but I don't know if I want to spend $300 on the parts / HPA tool rental. Especially since I don't plan on doing a whole lot of AutoX and there aren't any real benefits for the strip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by deploytosave is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    not shiv, just some guy from texas, who likes stomping out JB4 N54 broskis

the only tune that assures more misfires than you can shake a stick at....

that should be the JB4 slogan...

and cobb's should be, "we hear you like limp mode"
    The ignorance is strong with this one...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    The ignorance is strong with this one...

been sipping the Juice box koolaid pal?

seemsmad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    been sipping the Juice box koolaid pal?

seemsmad.
    Only BMS product I own is an OCC.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Only BMS product I own is an OCC.
    the only thing i can speak with is my own experience.. and it has been that with my JB4, i had constant issues, ALL THE TIME.. missfires, CEL's, limp modes, and the support for it wasnt anything to write home about...

friend has a cobb on his FBO 135i, and can literally get 1-2 races in SOMETIMES, before his car goes into a limp mode..

and my procede hasnt had an issue, ever... and everyone ive ever dealt with at vishnu has been pleasant to work with.. robert especially
    the car runs fantastic now, and i would reccomend their stuff to anyone... i am NOT saying that BMS is a bad company, or that the JB4, is a bad tune, just that i personally didnt have any luck with it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the only thing i can speak with is my own experience.. and it has been that with my JB4, i had constant issues, ALL THE TIME.. missfires, CEL's, limp modes, and the support for it wasnt anything to write home about...

friend has a cobb on his FBO 135i, and can literally get 1-2 races in SOMETIMES, before his car goes into a limp mode..

and my procede hasnt had an issue, ever... and everyone ive ever dealt with at vishnu has been pleasant to work with.. robert especially
    the car runs fantastic now, and i would reccomend their stuff to anyone... i am NOT saying that BMS is a bad company, or that the JB4, is a bad tune, just that i personally didnt have any luck with it
    I've been running Cobb since it was released and have been fooling around with ATR since it's release and i can safely make this decleration with 100% certainty: if he can't make 3 pulls in a row without limping then he has a hardware issue that's needs to be addressed... either that or you just made that $#@! up.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I've been running Cobb since it was released and have been fooling around with ATR since it's release and i can safely make this decleration with 100% certainty: if he can't make 3 pulls in a row without limping then he has a hardware issue that's needs to be addressed... either that or you just made that $#@! up.

yea man, turns out its my hobby to waste time online and just make up bull$#@!...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    yea man, turns out its my hobby to waste time online and just make up bull$#@!...
    You sir, are an idiot. Please, just stop

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast