Close

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 207
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Now that I think about it... there is no way this information can be real. Maybe it's BMW trolling everyone... 415 hp with just more tq??
    The NA motors are usually not over rated. Likely the turbo motor will be under rated if its anything like the N54. Greater peak torque adds a lot of power that isn't seen in the peak HP figure.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I don't think they would use the same architecture and then call it an M without serious changes, then again 1M is essentially a parts car to a degree. This will be interesting to see.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Maybe the unicorn build will show the flexibility of the DCT? Or maybe not... time will tell.
    What's the big deal? Plenty of upgraded dual clutch transmissions in the world. It isn't made out of glass.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What's the big deal? Plenty of upgraded dual clutch transmissions in the world.
    Certainly. But not in the BMW world or this chassis. I am curious to see how yours performs. Nothing more. Nothing less.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    But not in the BMW world or this chassis.
    Because owners of new M cars are mostly posers and pussies.

    And the upgraded discs are working in several cars.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,202
    Rep Points
    1,800.6
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I'm seriously looking hard at getting a e92 m , then supercharger, I had a lot of faith in this next m, now I'm not so sure
    Hopefully the M division wakes the $#@! up once the new 991 Turbo/Turbo S comes out and has well over 500 HP; especially if they're making these claims about the BMW "M Power Pack".

    It's been said, but BMW has allowed the "Efficient Dynamics" mindset to poison the M cars (the only department that $#@! doesn't belong). Their marketing & engineering departments need to sit down & return to the E46 days and churn out the best driving vehicle at a fair market value. They need to stop making a "people pleaser" at a premium price & focusing while expanding their profit margin. If they continue to follow this mentality, they're really gonna upset of their most dedicated enthusiasts, who'll find refuge in other brands (save another year and buy a 911, the Mercedes AMGs & Audi S/RS cars, etc).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Hopefully the M division wakes the $#@! up once the new 991 Turbo/Turbo S comes out and has well over 500 HP; especially if they're making these claims about the BMW "M Power Pack".

    It's been said, but BMW has allowed the "Efficient Dynamics" mindset to poison the M cars (the only department that $#@! doesn't belong). Their marketing & engineering departments need to sit down & return to the E46 days and churn out the best driving vehicle at a fair market value. They need to stop making a "people pleaser" at a premium price & focusing while expanding their profit margin. If they continue to follow this mentality, they're really gonna upset of their most dedicated enthusiasts, who'll find refuge in other brands (save another year and buy a 911, the Mercedes AMGs & Audi S/RS cars, etc).
    I know I'm moving brands next.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    I don't want to move brands....I don't want a 10 year old Porsche, and the rs5 doesn't impress me. The c63 4 door doesnt do it for me either in the styling dept, I just don't think it looks that special. When spending 45-55k ...To me, the m3 is still king..
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I don't want to move brands....I don't want a 10 year old Porsche, and the rs5 doesn't impress me. The c63 4 door doesnt do it for me either in the styling dept, I just don't think it looks that special. When spending 45-55k ...To me, the m3 is still king..
    I know it's a different beast but a GTR will soon fall in that price range used and to me that is the only true current upgrade for a decent price.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I don't want to move brands....I don't want a 10 year old Porsche, and the rs5 doesn't impress me. The c63 4 door doesnt do it for me either in the styling dept, I just don't think it looks that special. When spending 45-55k ...To me, the m3 is still king..
    What about when spending $75-80?

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,202
    Rep Points
    1,800.6
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What about when spending $75-80?
    The 997.1 Turbo or GTR dominate that price segment... Another $10k and you're looking at Gallardo (downside is that the Gallardo didn't come with turbos like the other 2 cars)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What about when spending $75-80?

    That's a whole new ball game, but for me,if I did that I'd be divorced...lol. To early for that, I have other priorities.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    That's a whole new ball game, but for me,if I did that I'd be divorced...lol. To early for that, I have other priorities.
    This not married thing just keeps looking better and better.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The 997.1 Turbo or GTR dominate that price segment... Another $10k and you're looking at Gallardo (downside is that the Gallardo didn't come with turbos like the other 2 cars)
    Ya but modding a 997.1 turbo or GTR still happens and the UGR stock internal kit is $25k so... ya.

    Anyway, I know what I'm doing next.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This not married thing just keeps looking better and better.
    Yea...stay away, my Porsche is on her ring finger lol
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Call me crazy but this talk of jumping ship before its released and specs are official seems premature.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Yea...stay away, my Porsche is on her ring finger lol
    Plus if I had a wife and then factored in the mistress I'd go broke fast.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Call me crazy but this talk of jumping ship before its released and specs are official seems premature.
    Based on what we are seeing from BMW, not really.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Call me crazy but this talk of jumping ship before its released and specs are official seems premature.
    Your right..... We should know the specs around sept or so...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Plus if I had a wife and then factored in the mistress I'd go broke fast.

    Yup....wife alone will get ya
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Honestly if performance bang for the buck was the number 1 priority, I would buy a redneck car like a C5 Z06,then throw some cams, headers, supercharge it and wish everyone else luck. DD my FBO 335i.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    I agree, look at the current gt500, 600+ hp for 54k? Can't beat it...but I would never buy it
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,202
    Rep Points
    1,800.6
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ya but modding a 997.1 turbo or GTR still happens and the UGR stock internal kit is $25k so... ya.

    Anyway, I know what I'm doing next.
    You got a hook-up, I thought it's closer to $35k?? I mean, $35k buys you the Jotech Stage 3 Package (880 BHP), which prob. is similar performance with the Stock Motor TT-G kit + Race Gas/E85.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You got a hook-up, I thought it's closer to $35k??
    Nope, closer to $25k. Plus I'd try to squeeze as much as I could although UGR isn't hurting for business.

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    9400' ASL, Colorado
    Posts
    886
    Rep Points
    1,301.6
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The 997.1 Turbo or GTR dominate that price segment...
    This is exactly where I am going next. Going to leave my Cayman alone for the pure sports car platform, and look for a low-mile '13 GT-R starting next spring.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •