Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    both for the hell of it...

the stock one would get ran on and I doubt a race gas, meth and RB car would get left by the SC m3
    im willing to test it, if any RB cars are down Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I'm faster LOL... Seriously that a big gap with 625 kit. Lower kit would interesting to see a well. Nice vid

as soon as i have sticky tires, with my new changes, ill be hunting down the "bigger kits" to show just how it plays out in real life vs a "lower" kit Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sweet lag in the mid range Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Be shure that your brakes are working on a track day, otherwise your car will look like this

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Be shure that your brakes are working on a track day, otherwise your car will look like this
    Ouch...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Exclamation G.A.L.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrewactiveautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Everytime an ess kit post comes along somewhere in there is a post from Andrew at active. Get over it buddy!

Lag or not ess makes a great kit.

Your post should read : 'sweet lag in the mid range' vs ' sweet rod bearing on the pavement'

I'll take some lag over total failure anyday!

Dont $#@! on other peoples tune/kit, it's getting old.

Great vid! Can't wait to get my 625 kit installed!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by exmowner Click here to enlarge
    Everytime an ess kit post comes along somewhere in there is a post from Andrew at active. Get over it buddy!
    This isn't an ESS vendor thread and Active is free to post wherever and whenever they want on this site. If you want ESS leg humping you know where to go. Active pays for the ability to let people know in particular that their powerband is different on the SC kits.

The Vortech hardware is great but there also is a significant safety issue due to the design of the kit that has been overlooked for quite some time.

Um, buddy: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...nda-for-Evolve

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy crap! It looks like the stock M3 was standing still!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This isn't an ESS vendor thread and Active is free to post wherever and whenever they want on this site. If you want ESS leg humping you know where to go. Active pays for the ability to let people know in particular that their powerband is different on the SC kits...
    I don't think he's seeking out an ESS humping (but I have not checked his other posts, either). I actually see where his comment is coming from. There's no dyno in this thread identifying lag. If Andrew wants to "jack" this thread, then let him post his dyno vs this cars... oh wait, he can't cuz we arent talking power bands and the car didn't post a dyno here. The vid is a clean display of good performance vs stock. Many, myself included, would see Andrew's comments as unwarranted and unprofessional IN THIS thread.

I always get annoyed when a salesperson puts down competing products. It portrays envy. First place I went to consider trade-in of my M3 did that- "the M3 is too heavy and eats too much gas compared to the Porsche, it doesn't have the prestige..." I walked out. I think selling is more effective by pointing out the benefits of your own product, rather than the downfalls of another. The poster was just pointing out that the comment wasn't cool, and I agree. I'll also say I don't care for his comment about what he'd take any day...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NatAsp-M3 Click here to enlarge
    There's no dyno in this thread identifying lag. If Andrew wants to "jack" this thread, then let him post his dyno vs this cars... oh wait, he can't cuz we arent talking power bands and the car didn't post a dyno here.
    You can discuss a powerband without it being a commentary in a thread originating with dyno graphs. It is an already established fact the powerband between the two is different and if anyone needs further information on that it is posted.

Many, myself included, would see Andrew's comments as unwarranted and unprofessional IN THIS thread.
    Then give it a thumb down. What's the problem?

I always get annoyed when a salesperson puts down competing products. It portrays envy. First place I went to consider trade-in of my M3 did that- "the M3 is too heavy and eats too much gas compared to the Porsche, it doesn't have the prestige..." I walked out. I think selling is more effective by pointing out the benefits of your own product, rather than the downfalls of another. The poster was just pointing out that the comment wasn't cool, and I agree. I'll also say I don't care for his comment about what he'd take any day...
    Active is free to post whatever they want. If you find it in poor taste go ahead and point it out or rate it. I personally have no problem with it especially with how often their products are crapped on by said company and its representatives. Seeing him unleash in a little may be him poking a little fun and indicative of this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Need...S65...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Your post should read : 'sweet lag in the mid range' vs ' sweet rod bearing on the pavement'

this post belongs on wikipedias page for a definition of hypocrisy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy sheit PEA!! you ACTAUALLy spanked this guy whoa!! great job on the upgrade

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow. It went by so fast that it warped the space-time continuum around the NA M3. Did you see it?

Cheers.
    Warranties are for pussies.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

There is actually a video of an active kit vs a Fbo somewhere on the net and it was a straight pull from the beginning. Look at the video of our 625 kit that dyno's only 25 hp more then the ess kit and tell me it lagged I dare you ! Sorry if you are butt hurt by my comments.

If you think Ess can avoid the known problems with the s65 you are dead wrong. Just because it wasn't published does not mean they haven't blown an engine.

Fyi if anyone has been attacked its been me by tons of ess members that cannot fathom the fact that another company can make a kit that runs better than Ess. Keep boosting when you are trying to stop Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Andrew@activeautowerke; 02-01-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

trendsetter

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I find it hard to say that a SC M3 has a lag , i is not a turbocar, the throttle response is like a cobra.
    The powerband may be different if you use a smaller SC
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Pea; 02-02-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not all drivability issues can be seen on a Dyno. Not saying it has any but just saying ..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Size is one thing shape of impeller and internal gearing is another.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Size is one thing shape of impeller and internal gearing is another.
    Correct A vortech would self destruct at anything over 70,000 Rpm while our blowers are running around 95-110,000 rpm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Correct A vortech would self destruct at anything over 70,000 Rpm while our blowers are running around 95-110,000 rpm
    I am correct but you are somewhat incorrect regarding the Vortech self-destructing at anything over 70,000 RPM. Stock blowers have seen 80k+ without self-destructing and that is with a larger impeller that is much more difficult to spin to that rpm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    I find it hard to say that a SC M3 has a lag
    Not all drivability issues can be seen on a Dyno.
    But you also cannot tell if there's any lag from this video....
    1. you have no idea how far the throttle is open (or how far, fast and when the pedal is pressed) from either of the cars.
    2. you don't even know if the cars started in the same gear.

The only real lag in this video is the stock m3 lagging behind Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am correct but you are somewhat incorrect regarding the Vortech self-destructing at anything over 70,000 RPM. Stock blowers have seen 80k+ without self-destructing and that is with a larger impeller that is much more difficult to spin to that rpm.
    Well I have never spun one up until it blew so I could be wrong.

V-3 SCI SUPERCHARGER

Click here to enlarge

Max Speed:53000 RPMMax
    Boost:17 PSIMax
    Flow:1050 CFMMax
    Power:725 HPPeak
    Efficiency:75%Discharge
    OD:2.75"Inlet OD:3.5"Discharge
    ID:2.38"Inducer Diameter:3.1"
    Max Speed:53000 RPMMax Boost:17 PSIMax Flow:1050 CFMMax Power:725 HPPeak Efficiency:75%Discharge OD:2.75"Inlet OD:3.5"Discharge ID:2.38"Inducer Diameter:3.1"

Max Speed:53000 RPMMax Boost:17 PSIMax Flow:1050 CFMMax Power:725 HPPeak Efficiency:75%Discharge OD:2.75"Inlet OD:3.5"Discharge ID:2.38"Inducer Diameter:3.1"
    53000 RPMMax Boost:17 PSIMax Flow:1050 CFMMax Power:725 HPPeak Efficiency:75%Discharge OD:2.75"Inlet OD:3.5"Discharge ID:2.38"Inducer Diameter:3.1"
    Last edited by Andrew@activeautowerke; 02-04-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I find it hard to say that a SC M3 has a lag , i is not a turbocar, the throttle response is like a cobra.
    EVERY forced induction platform has some lag, supercharged or turbocharged. While turbo lag might be more known & noticeable, but if you floor a supercharged M3 there is going to be a slight delay (not noticeable on a dyno sheet, and obviously different blowers will be less/more responsive).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I have never spun one up until it blew so I could be wrong.

V-3 SCI SUPERCHARGER

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...70xlarge-1.jpg

Max Speed:53000 RPMMax
    Boost:17 PSIMax
    Flow:1050 CFMMax
    Power:725 HPPeak
    Efficiency:75%Discharge
    OD:2.75"Inlet OD:3.5"Discharge
    ID:2.38"Inducer Diameter:3.1"

53000 RPMMax Boost:17 PSIMax Flow:1050 CFMMax Power:725 HPPeak Efficiency:75%Discharge OD:2.75"Inlet OD:3.5"Discharge ID:2.38"Inducer Diameter:3.1"
    Ya lower rpm but higher CFM. The YSI in competition is regularly taken to 80k+

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then give it a thumb down. What's the problem?...
    Active is free to post whatever they want. If you find it in poor taste go ahead and point it out or rate it.
    No problem, I'm just pointing out my take on it (via comments) since I assume I'm also allowed to post whatever I want just as freely as Active, and I'm not limited to only rating, right? - a rating system which I think is easily driven by animosity rather than content. And that's all fine and dandy as well, I just choose not to make much of it... and much use of it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast