Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NikB316 Click here to enlarge
    Ah nice thanks for the info. I am really looking forward to see what differences there will be between the two Rotrex powered kits. I know the Vortech is mostly top end and the HKS has a better mid range. With that being said, the Rotrex blows away the HKS throughout IMO. Nice move on AA's part as they would have been in trouble if they didn't switch over. Even better move on Evolve's part for using the Rotrex to begin with. I guess I owe Evolve a little bit for making my car the way it is today Click here to enlarge.

Really looking forward to your impressions. (Hopefully this week).

BigUp,
    I currently have a Dinan mid (4 resonators no cats) and AA rear exhaust. I love the way it sounds and compared to some of my friends setups it is on the quieter side. Still, I am going to most likely be going for an Evolve valved exhaust. Just waiting for it to get on a local car so I can hear it. Been doing some reading and it appears to be one of the better valved setups. I'll let you know my impressions. If you want the best bang for your buck I'd listen to LM though
    That's suprising! I've loved AKs his car for low and midrange power, and whenever we'd run, he would pull away way to easy way too soon, so if your telling me the rotrex is better, with more topend, that's a killer deal.
    I dont think evolve deserves all the credit as i think AA uses hks on other kits, but maybe they weren't tracking the c38-91/92 that came out, I believe after the AA kit was already released. But again, having experience with vortech and hks, and you having experience with hks and rotrex, Im XCITED to see what both kits can do.... and making me reevaluate my trading in and starting over...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    That's suprising! I've loved AKs his car for low and midrange power, and whenever we'd run, he would pull away way to easy way too soon, so if your telling me the rotrex is better, with more topend, that's a killer deal.
    I dont think evolve deserves all the credit as i think AA uses hks on other kits, but maybe they weren't tracking the c38-91/92 that came out, I believe after the AA kit was already released. But again, having experience with vortech and hks, and you having experience with hks and rotrex, Im XCITED to see what both kits can do.... and making me reevaluate my trading in and starting over...

Story time...

We originally went to Rotrex with our project and asked for a larger blower and unfortunately they were changing management and were unable to do such a project at the time. We spoke to hks and they agreed to make us a custom blower biggest at the time (hks 8550). Year and a half ago we received some 91 trim test units from rotrex that we tried on a few level 2 e46 m3's and saw great potential and big numbers. At the time of the s65 kit release the hks 8550 was the best then the 8555 soon followed which is what Akash was running on his car. For 2013 the rotrex 92 trim is the big boy on the block.

Bottom line is we chose the best blower available on the market at the time. As soon as something is proven to be bigger and better than what we currently use we will try it and let you know.
    Last edited by Andrew@activeautowerke; 02-25-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

correct, i made a mistake, i said "I think AA uses hks on other kits.." i meant to say rotrex

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    correct, i made a mistake, i said "I think AA uses hks on other kits.." i meant to say rotrex
    Well we do.. so you aren't totally wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Well we do.. so you aren't totally wrong.
    right, i meant that your obviously aware of the products as you use them elsewhere, didnt know much about the rest Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those SC M3's are fast Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    impressive!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234