Close

Thread: e85 Questions

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

e85 Questions

I am receiving my cobb today and plan to flash with bms backend. I am currently running JB4 g5 iso tune, ******* DPs, bms intake and ww meth kit. My questions are:
    1. What adjustments need to be made to the meth settings when running e85? I am currently running 35-40 percent e85 and the rest 93. I have not run map 3 with e85 yet.

2. Without the upgraded lpfp solution (It has arrived but still looking for a shop to install) what is the highest percentage of e85 that I can run with bms flash?

3. Anyone know of any shops in the tri state area that has done or would be willing to do the upgrade to the walbro e85 pump?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where did you get the pump from?
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    Where did you get the pump from?
    Read the BMS fuel pump testing thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    10-4 Thank you
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, if you're in the tri-state area you know how cold its been around here. As a result of thise extremely cold weather that means e85 isnt around till the summer, I believe it a "seasonal" E70 blend right now. Just a heads up.

Where are you located exactly?
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Princeton, NJ

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I ran 30-40% e85 on the G5 with Backend Flash. AFRs looked solid the whole time. The issue with the e40 was that it made my LPFP crap out pretty fast. My fuel pressure during WOT was in the low 50s when it should have been 72. Def sign of LPFP failing. so, with 30% you'll be fine as far as getting some good octane and AFRs will be solid. just keep an eye on the fuel pressure to make sure your LPFP is doing ok until you upgrade it.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    are you guys running the "standard" BMS/Cobb map or "race" map when running E85? also did it take long for the car to adapt to the tune? ive been running the "standard" map with JB4 set to map 5 and its ran great, but as soon as i switched to "race" it was very laggy on the bottom end so i changed it back right away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I ran one Terry called ign flash when i was on e40 or higher. all it was was more aggressive timing. It felt a little faster but didn't feel more laggy or anything

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    are you guys running the "standard" BMS/Cobb map or "race" map when running E85? also did it take long for the car to adapt to the tune? ive been running the "standard" map with JB4 set to map 5 and its ran great, but as soon as i switched to "race" it was very laggy on the bottom end so i changed it back right away.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I ran one Terry called ign flash when i was on e40 or higher. all it was was more aggressive timing. It felt a little faster but didn't feel more laggy or anything
    My car hauls ass on the top end but if i put it in 3rd gear and push it to the floor at lets say 2500rpms it does nothing for a second or so.. once it gets into the boost its awesome.. feels like ive got a big single strapped onto it.. maybe i need to let the map 5 adapt more..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Post a log in pdf and csv formats. you'll have to rename the csv extension to .txt or something

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    My car hauls ass on the top end but if i put it in 3rd gear and push it to the floor at lets say 2500rpms it does nothing for a second or so.. once it gets into the boost its awesome.. feels like ive got a big single strapped onto it.. maybe i need to let the map 5 adapt more..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    forgot to say im running E35 right now.. the standard map was fine just feels flat on the top end

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ill do a log tonight if it doesnt come out of it. Maybe it needs more time to adapt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    Well, if you're in the tri-state area you know how cold its been around here. As a result of thise extremely cold weather that means e85 isnt around till the summer, I believe it a "seasonal" E70 blend right now. Just a heads up.

Where are you located exactly?
    hey! im on LI too! Where are you?? Im out in Eastern Suffolk

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I asked the owner of the gulf oil on sunrise highway yesterday about the blend and he said E85 is not blended any different then summer. He said its E85 as what the pump states. Anything less and he will have lawsuits. Funny you say this!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are a few flash maps out there as we work to further improve them. So if anyone has any questions on it just drop me an email. I'd have to see what you are running currently to tell you what to do next.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i havent had a chance to log on the race map.. we got a 1/4" of ice last night.. might be a few days haha
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    I asked the owner of the gulf oil on sunrise highway yesterday about the blend and he said E85 is not blended any different then summer. He said its E85 as what the pump states. Anything less and he will have lawsuits. Funny you say this!
    Look at the pump. Every place I've purchased E85 has had this legal disclaimer somewhere on it, so ethanol content can fluctuate from 70-85%
    Attachment 24641
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Look at the pump. Every place I've purchased E85 has had this legal disclaimer somewhere on it, so ethanol content can fluctuate from 70-85%
    Attachment 24641
    all of my local stations have the exact same thing
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its region specific. I see that sign in California, but there was no difference between fill ups from change to summer/winter. In colder areas I wouldn't be surprised if they lowered the ethanol content slightly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow. Just took the car out for a spin. Drive around for 15 minutes and then let her rip. Holy $#@! its very noticeable at e30. Car did feel smoother and it was hauling butt cheeks! No codes so I guess I am good with my hardwAre. I didn't use any specific map for e30 as I don't think I would need it. I was pleasantly surprised how only a e30 mix would make it so much considerably faster.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Wow. Just took the car out for a spin. Drive around for 15 minutes and then let her rip. Holy $#@! its very noticeable at e30. Car did feel smoother and it was hauling butt cheeks! No codes so I guess I am good with my hardwAre. I didn't use any specific map for e30 as I don't think I would need it. I was pleasantly surprised how only a e30 mix would make it so much considerably faster.
    Yep. Log it and turn up the boost. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by POWER10 Click here to enlarge
    hey! im on LI too! Where are you?? Im out in Eastern Suffolk
    Nice dude! I'm in western suffolk county. Northport/Kings Park area
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge