Yes Reputation No
    for sure, pay to play

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yep, for 2 adults and 2 amputees.
    My 12y is 163cm and he still fits, but I'd say he is max length for the rear seats...and no "super sized" ones would ever fit even up front. Its not a car for wide ppl...
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They are not seats for most Americans (aka fat asses)
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Yes, but my god is it expensive.
    I only got to ride in a 2010 GTR I was thinking of buying in the $60k range. Yes, it was fast but not what I was looking for in a DD. I like my 3 way more on the inside (and at 6'3", GTR seats and roof were a major no-go) and I couldn't see spending $60-65k for a weekend toy. The 3 interior is way nicer for DD. Love the exterior of the GTR.

If only we could get a DCT w/awd that wouldnt break and need serious upgrades in a 335xi, I'd have built upgraded turbos myself already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    If the people making HPFP upgrades were as reputable and willing to develop new products as this LPFP company, the one I have sitting in a box would have been shipped over a month ago. Multiple calls and emails, no response = bad business.
    This is a long shot: Try contacting Katech to see what parts they are using on the Le Mans engines? (I'm talking about the C6 GT1 program)
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, I think it's important to point out the simplicity of most HPFP's compared to the BMW pump. I think the Mazda pump is a single piston push type. From what I understand of ours, it converts the rotory motion into push and uses 3 chambers. Furthermore, I believe this motion is hydraulic, not mechanical. I think a lot of companies could poop out a high flow Mazda HPFP, but ours is much more complex.

EDIT: I'm not sure how ours compares to that of a diesel engine, but I'm thinking a company that works with those may be most likely to improve on our pump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This thread is a fallen steam engine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony, are you running the twin pumps in the stg3 car right now?
    if so, any problems at low level fuel since the siphon is not hooked up?
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can buy the Walbro 450LPH E85 pump (SKU: F90000267) or have a knowledgeable performance shop set up a custom in-line pump fueling system. Not 100% sure, but you might be able to hide it in that storage space in trunk where a spare would go.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    Tony, are you running the twin pumps in the stg3 car right now?
    if so, any problems at low level fuel since the siphon is not hooked up?
    Stock pump is still hooked up to the siphon. I have not run the car low on gas and honestly if have a car capable of over 600HP if you get below 1/8 a tank making any full power runs is not a good idea in case of fuel starvation. Just keep fuel in the car and no issues. But I do not forsee any, the stock pump is still hooked up to the siphon. And to be honest, the pumps work even better than I had hoped. The two pumps overwhelm the stock regulator, BUT only as voltage increases with RPM. So you get the 72-73 psi most of the time, but as RPM comes up and voltage rises, it will push past the regulator go up to anywhere from 80-95 PSI at depending on RPM and volatge. Basically I am getting the benefits of a boost a pump or a boost referenced regulator. A pleasant surprise to say the least. It sets a LPFP code as the requested does not match actual, but it never sets a check engine light, its just a dormant code.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You can buy the Walbro 450LPH E85 pump (SKU: F90000267) or have a knowledgeable performance shop set up a custom in-line pump fueling system. Not 100% sure, but you might be able to hide it in that storage space in trunk where a spare would go.
    Unless you are going to run a system like Shivs just run the extra pump in the tank. Its simple and completely out of the way. Not sure why you would want it in the trunk

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you saying your running the oem pump and a walbro 450 in the bucket? Or twin walbro 450's and have them hooked up to the siphon?
    For Sale:

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I made an entire post documenting running both pumps in the bucket with pictures where the stock pump stays on the siphon and the walbro sits next to it. Its tight but they both fit, you run them parallel into the stock fuel line. I don't remember the title of the post. I think its in terrys fuel pump thread

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Holy crap, so much good and bad information in this thread. So much good mixed with misconceptions. I don't even know where to start, made it to page 4. Removing DI taking cooling benefits away from E85? DI being the sole reason high CR can be used? Do you guys even realize the injector is pulsed per combustion event? And that pulsing is a big deal for the fuel to mix? Remove the pulsing, increase injector size, so many things will change. The advantages and disadvantages of DI/port/TPI dissappear as RPM increase anyway. Some of you need to go do some homework. Tired of writing tech documents.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I made an entire post documenting running both pumps in the bucket with pictures where the stock pump stays on the siphon and the walbro sits next to it. Its tight but they both fit, you run them parallel into the stock fuel line. I don't remember the title of the post. I think its in terrys fuel pump thread
    what come of the HPFP you sent off?
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    what come of the HPFP you sent off?
    Jack nothing. I made them send it back, after 3 weeks of doing nothing. I said screw it, we are working on our own HPFP fix now and the guys are working on our drop in LPFP solution. For right now, we will see what this parallel set up gets us

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jack nothing. I made them send it back, after 3 weeks of doing nothing. I said screw it, we are working on our own HPFP fix now and the guys are working on our drop in LPFP solution. For right now, we will see what this parallel set up gets us
    Wow. i really was prating for a solution. good luck with fix! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    makes me sad, had high hopes Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is this who you sent it too?

http://hpfpupgrade.com/
    For Sale:

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If somebody finds Tony's LPFP upgrade, can they please post the link here

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Found it for everybody:
    Ok so got the parallel rig put together and installed. Its honestly pretty straight forward. You have to leave out the stock pump holder, and rotate the stock pump slightly so the venturi nozzle is not in its holder just slightly off to the side. This will allow the Walbro to share the bucket with it, while the venturi still pulls from its original location. Once you do that the Walbro with its sock will fit into the bucket with the stock pump and they actually stay in place very well. Once you get the bucket lid back in place you will see if will not fit now, but all you have to is cut out a small section and it clears both pumps great. If you secure the bucket top with a couple wire ties you are good to go. I just powered both pumps in tandem off the stock plug, if this is an issue and it pops fuses we will have to address it then. Once you get to the lines its just 5/16" fuel line coming off both pump out lets fed around the collapsible leg and coming into a 5/16" Tee. Secure it all with clamps and this will be going to the orange line. I put some extra hose on the orange line to give it a little freedom to move in the tank so not to pinch anything. It all fits back in pretty nice and seems like it should work well. Took a few pics. But not too many. Now we at least hopefully wont have to worry about low fuel pressure once we get stage 3 installed. Cheers
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @benzy89 - Thanks for finding that post!
    I'm curious how the fuel pump controller will hold up over time with all that draw...

I have the Walbro 450 installed and was very easy.... Just waiting for a HPFP upgrade so I can move on to straight E85 and some N20 Click here to enlarge
    For Sale:

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    @benzy89 - Thanks for finding that post!
    I'm curious how the fuel pump controller will hold up over time with all that draw...

I have the Walbro 450 installed and was very easy.... Just waiting for a HPFP upgrade so I can move on to straight E85 and some N20 Click here to enlarge
    I have the Walbro and run straight e85 no prob. Using Vishnu flash.
    Change is constant

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567