Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Only the first two.
    being able to time the injection to limit heatin up the fuel means you can run more boost and advance on DI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    being able to time the injection to limit heatin up the fuel means you can run more boost and advance on DI
    But because of where the fuel injects you have less time to inject the amount of fuel necessary to make big HP especially as RPM rises and the fueling needs and pressure grow greatly.

And regarding timing you can advance it plenty with port injection if you have the right fuel. For now I see non-direct injected cars making far more power so clearly that isn't a problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    With this being said, proEFIs secondary port injection on top of the DI is making more and more sense correct?
    Yes, i figure upgrade the DI, and just how meth is being used as supplementary fuel, use the PI just as that, supplementary, and if you get good atomisation with E85... well meth simply wouldn't be neccesary any more.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BavarianBullet Click here to enlarge
    Secondary PI will probably work fine but it's not exactly going to be cheap using a proEFI 128(?). I'd think for the ProEFI unit, harness, sensors, injectors, intake manifold (assuming 6 injectors) and all the plumbing it's going to be upwards of $5k. Not bad for 800-1200WHP if we ever get there but for up to 800WHP, if we can get the HPFP fixed, I'd think people would go that route as it will be a bit cheaper and easier.
    THat's pretty much what i was thinking.. regardless of price, if the DI can be majorly upgraded enough, the PI is only neccessary for really really really high power, and wouldn't be the MAIN fuelling source.. and for cruising, you stil have the DI.

If it was relatively easy why are we going on 8 years now?
    it was released late 2006 and it's early 2013 now, it's barely over 6 years... and development probably majorly didn't start for a while after that... it may have taken 6 odd years to get to this point, but it's growing at an exponential rate as can be seen from the last 3 months or so... or even moreso, the last few weeks.. so much stuff.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Its been around 8 years. That's pretty long. My point is this is an entry level mid range (M for performance) model that costs $50k new and isn't great on the track or strip. This is a great high power DD for cruising around. I bought this car for high speed cruising and some luxury and its perfect for that. This isn't the car I put DIY effort into due to the aforementioned reasons. I mod this too just to entertain my free time. Lets see how long it takes the corvette guys to get the DI making big power, I promise you now it won't be 8 years lol.
    speak for yourself!

yeah sure, they don't come out of the factory a balls out sports car, but damn straight they can be made into one lol.

i almost guarantee with DI the corvette guys would pretty much go 'screw this, PI manifold with a piggyback setup stndalone' just like they did on the GT-86/FRS/BRZ for E85 tuning.

But because of where the fuel injects you have less time to inject the amount of fuel necessary to make big HP especially as RPM rises and the fueling needs and pressure grow greatly.

And regarding timing you can advance it plenty with port injection if you have the right fuel. For now I see non-direct injected cars making far more power so clearly that isn't a problem.
    mm, the high prssures needed are one of the major headaches...

that's true.. but IN THEORY.. DI would have a slightly higher ceiling . a evidenced by the 10.2:1 not being a worry still.

in he grand scheme of things, you can make a bagillion hp on PI... so the DI probably will only have the advantage in the end of using less fuel to get there haa

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Must remember for most of the life of this N54 engine, the world has been in a deep recession. Hopefully as that ends or at least even out people will feel a little better about splurging on high perf stuff and developers will feel like committing new capital to coming out with riskier cutting edge products.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    the world has been in a deep recession. Hopefully as that ends
    Or gets worse...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

speak for yourself!

yeah sure, they don't come out of the factory a balls out sports car, but damn straight they can be made into one lol.

i almost guarantee with DI the corvette guys would pretty much go 'screw this, PI manifold with a piggyback setup stndalone' just like they did on the GT-86/FRS/BRZ for E85 tuning.
    Eh, maybe a ton of money and reducing the weight? Even with M3 parts, this car is still pig heavy and handles as such. I am sure the C7 guys will come up with multiple options, one of which is high HP DI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Eh, maybe a ton of money and reducing the weight? Even with M3 parts, this car is still pig heavy and handles as such. I am sure the C7 guys will come up with multiple options, one of which is high HP DI.
    pig heavy?... well i suppose if you have a 3er.. 1ers can happily get below 1500 in street trim lol Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

pig heavy?... well i suppose if you have a 3er.. 1ers can happily get below 1500 in street trim lol Click here to enlarge
    Still not very light as far as sports cars go. In the last 10-15 years cars have really gained weight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Still not very light as far as sports cars go. In the last 10-15 years cars have really gained weight.
    if you wanted to track prep it, no deadening, lighter panels, unpowered seats, no sunroof etc... i'm sure you could get it closer to the 1300kgish range,
    true there's not many cars you could get closer to 1000kg that aren't 2 seaters...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

In the last 10-15 years cars have really gained weight.
    Mandatory seat belts, air bags (steering wheel bags --> curtain/knee airbags), steel reinforcement for crash ratings..... $#@! adds up
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

my car weighs 3800+lbs! definitely pig heavy
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

The E90/92's are not very heavy at all by todays standards. What's a GTR weigh? That actually IS a sports car, but it's a fat-ass $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    doesn't stop it from kicking ass
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    doesn't stop it from kicking ass
    Stops it from being better than it is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    The E90/92's are not very heavy at all by todays standards. What's a GTR weigh? That actually IS a sports car, but it's a fat-ass $#@!.
    Very complex AWD system, beefy DCT + transfer cases that withstand constant abuse (launch control & hard downshifts).

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Very complex AWD system, beefy DCT + transfer cases that withstand constant abuse (launch control & hard downshifts).
    The trans isn't that beefy. They had to modify the launch control software many times to protect the trans.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Doesn't change the fact that that's why it's that heavy. It weighs over 4k lbs and still held one of the fastest times ever for a production car on the Nurburgring. It's heavy, yes, for a reason. And it's still badass.

The trans isn't that beefy. They had to modify the launch control software many times to protect the trans.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

That's a software reprogramming, doesn't change the internals & actual mechanical components of the transmission. The software that controls the AWD system is what makes that car go retardedly fast around corners & set mind blowing track times. The transmission & it's programming make the car go stupid fast from a stop & thru the gears. It's a combination of incredible programming & rock solid mechanical components.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Doesn't change the fact that that's why it's that heavy. It weighs over 4k lbs and still held one of the fastest times ever for a production car on the Nurburgring. It's heavy, yes, for a reason. And it's still badass.
    Nissan bullshits on the ring so hard it's a joke.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

That's a software reprogramming, doesn't change the internals & actual mechanical components of the transmission.
    Yep and those internals aren't all that beefy when the launch needs to be dialed down to protect them through software.

It's a combination of incredible programming & rock solid mechanical components.
    Rock solid is an exaggeration. Good traction control doesn't equal rock solid hardware.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

What are you saying? That the times could be faster due to their bullshitting? I'm not understanding your point.

Nissan bullshits on the ring so hard it's a joke.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I've noticed that M3 owners rarely give respect to the GTR. Coincedence? I think not lol.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

What are you saying? That the times could be faster due to their bullshitting? I'm not understanding your point.
    They up boost, use race tires, and cut weight. They also started doing flying starts to cut time. This all started back in the R33/R34 days when they took factory special GTR's out to set times the street cars couldn't hit.

Nissan's own times are always faster than everyone else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I've noticed that M3 owners rarely give respect to the GTR. Coincedence? I think not lol.
    It's a robot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Ah I see. Ok, I never heard that.

They up boost, use race tires, and cut weight. They also started doing flying starts to cut time. This all started back in the R33/R34 days when they took factory special GTR's out to set times the street cars couldn't hit.

Nissan's own times are always faster than everyone else.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast