Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Possible future real LPFP solution

We have shipped a fuel tank and bucket assembly to a very reputable company that manufactures drop in fuel pump solutions supporting upwards of 1500 HP on many platforms. They are going to be doing R&D and hopefully making us a real fuel pump solution on the LP side of things. This will be a replacement drop in bucket, which will hold one or two pumps of your choosing based on your HP needs and include all wiring needed to make it work. This is all the info I am going to give at this time. Do the DIY pump solutions work? Darn right they do, does the Vishu pump solution work, it sure does. But as the platform progresses, which it is quickly. It is going to start needing parts manufactured specifically for the task of supporting big HP. Hopefully we will be able to offer some of them in the future. Before questions start flooding the company doesn't even have the tank and bucket yet, supposed to get there monday. So this info is all I have
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 01-23-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    as always, great info tony
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now we are talking!
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Excellent news. Now for an HPFP upgrade Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Could they do an HPFP?
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good news!!! Click here to enlarge
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vargas coming through again! I'm really starting to like these guys. No homo.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If the people making HPFP upgrades were as reputable and willing to develop new products as this LPFP company, the one I have sitting in a box would have been shipped over a month ago. Multiple calls and emails, no response = bad business.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 01-23-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At least we know you're on top of it Tony. Someone will take on the challenge eventually.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    If the people making HPFP upgrades were as reputable and willing to develop new products the one I have sitting in a box would have been shipped over a month ago. Multiples calls and emails, no response = bad business.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    If the people making HPFP upgrades were as reputable and willing to develop new products the one I have sitting in a box would have been shipped over a month ago. Multiples calls and emails, no response = bad business.
    How hard is removing the oil pump chain or installing a tensioner there? It may be possible to turn up the pump speed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great news, Tony! Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.
    2007 335i E92 | 6AT | MOTIV 750 single turbo | MOTIV port injection | Stage 3 LPFP | Quaife | Íhlins | Brembo | Akrapovic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great info.
    Thank you!
    BMW 335i xDrive MT
    COBB Stage2+|Wagner FMIC|CPe-Downpipes|BMW Performance Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ok Scratch that, you guys got me inspired so I called again. They finally answered and informed me that they have done extensive testing on the 335i HPFP and have stage one upgrade planned that does 30% more fuel and a stage 2 that does 60% more fuel. We are figuring out a deal to sell their pump upgrades. In the mean time they told me to send them my pump and they will do stage 1 on it and send it back for free, to test on stage 3 car. Needless to say its already boxed and going out today. We shall see how it goes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We have shipped a fuel tank and bucket assembly to a very reputable company that manufactures drop in fuel pump solutions supporting upwards of 1500 HP on many platforms. They are going to be doing R&D and hopefully making us a real fuel pump solution on the LP side of things. This will be a replacement drop in bucket, which will hold one or two pumps of your choosing based on your HP needs and include all wiring needed to make it work. This is all the info I am going to give at this time. Do the DIY pump solutions work? Darn right they do, does the Vishu pump solution work, it sure does. But as the platform progresses, which it is quickly. It is going to start needing parts manufactured specially for the task of supporting big HP. Hopefully we will be able to offer some of them in the future. Before questions start flooding the company doesn't even have the tank and bucket yet, supposed to get there monday. So this info is all I have
    This is excellent news. I'm just wondering what pumps are available to support the big numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok Scratch that, you guys got me inspired so I called again. They finally answered and informed me that they have done extensive testing on the 335i HPFP and have stage one upgrade planned that does 30% more fuel and a stage 2 that does 60% more fuel. We are figuring out a deal to sell their pump upgrades. In the mean time they told me to send them my pump and they will do stage 1 on it and send it back for free, to test on stage 3 car. Needless to say its already boxed and going out today. We shall see how it goes.
    $#@! yeah, tony you are the man!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OH $#@!!!!!!!! That's what I'm talking about!!!!! It's about to get real!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How do stage 1 and 2 differ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Talk about a company advancing a platform. I nominate VTT for vendor of the year.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nothing but good news keep it coming!
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Talk about a company advancing a platform. I nominate VTT for vendor of the year.
    Nomination accepted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Send me one of their high pressure upgrades and I'll tell you whether or not it works the next day. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Spectacular!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Send me one of their high pressure upgrades and I'll tell you whether or not it works the next day. Click here to enlarge
    This sounds like the right move since Terry has everything set up for testing.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 22 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by MileHi335xi is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

2010 e92 335xi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Well as soon as this car is running its coming to you so I guess we will both find out.. haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MileHi335xi Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like a bunch of hot air to me!
    Yes everyone, I made all this stuff up. I have sent nothing out, build nothing, I have photoshopped every picture. Sticky go ahead and just cancel my vendorship.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast