Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

08 335i, idrive, iPhone 5, Sirius, Bluetooth connectivity

2008 335i coupe w iDrive. I'm a lifetime Sirius radio subscription holder. But, to avoid radio transfers (too many and you're no longer a lifetime member before you know it) I added the premium subscription to listen through the iPhone Sirius app. The easy fix is to aux cable the iPhone to the car and listen to Sirius/pandora etc through the factory radio and speakers. Problem, sounds HORRIBLE, even with a "good" aux cable. I was, quite easily, as to pair my iPhone 5 to the vehicle. I'm able to make and receive hands free calls without issue. However, I am unable to make the iPhone 5 link to the vehicle to stream music from pandora and/or Sirius. What am I doing wrong. I have NO issue in my Prius. Can anyone offer input or walk me through the process on how to make the music stream and play through the factory speaker? I called Sirius tech support. Their response was, "we do not have any information on how to fix this issue." I phoned the dealership service dept. All of the techs were unavailable to speak and would get back to me. I haven't received a call back. I'm going to attempt again prior to them closing shop for the day. Anyone have a walk-thru in regard to this issue? Thank you so much.
    Baron (my last name)
    Anesthesia Provider
    CHICAGO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

well, just got off the phone with a BIMMER mechanic. He said, with the car being an 08. I'm pretty much SOL as far as straight up bluetooth streaming the music. He said BMW didn't do anything to alleviate the issue 'til 2010 models. With that being said, can anyone of you recommend a good aux cable that works well for you? (min buzz etc)? Thanks again...
    Baron (my last name)
    Anesthesia Provider
    CHICAGO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Moved to 3-Series->E9X

The dealer will have the cable. Works perfect with an Iphone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    There are 2 options.

1) You can upgrade to CIC navigation. This will allow you to have the newer HD based nav as well as connected apps for Pandora streaming. You need 6FL and 6NR options installed as well as COMBOX for connected drive.

This option will run you about $2000 I think with parts and coding. You'll also need to find a coder to program your car.

2) You can buy Bluetooth stereo receiver. I have a Blackberry Stereo Gateway. It connects to my AUX port in my armrest and is powered with a small USB cigg lighter adapter. Phone automatically connects when the ignition is switched on. Music pauses and switches to calls perfectly, which is a function of the iPhone. And my iPhone is also paired with my car's bluetooth. Both work flawlessly together. The only downside is that you can't control your music through your car.

This option is better than a AUX cable because bluetooth uses the iPhone's digital out vs the analog out through the 3.5mm headphone jack.

This option is about $60 with the receiver, USB adapter, and cables. I bought really short cables because everything is right there in the armrest.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e90n52b30 Click here to enlarge
    There are 2 options.

1) You can upgrade to CIC navigation. This will allow you to have the newer HD based nav as well as connected apps for Pandora streaming. You need 6FL and 6NR options installed as well as COMBOX for connected drive.

This option will run you about $2000 I think with parts and coding. You'll also need to find a coder to program your car.

2) You can buy Bluetooth stereo receiver. I have a Blackberry Stereo Gateway. It connects to my AUX port in my armrest and is powered with a small USB cigg lighter adapter. Phone automatically connects when the ignition is switched on. Music pauses and switches to calls perfectly, which is a function of the iPhone. And my iPhone is also paired with my car's bluetooth. Both work flawlessly together. The only downside is that you can't control your music through your car.

This option is better than a AUX cable because bluetooth uses the iPhone's digital out vs the analog out through the 3.5mm headphone jack.

This option is about $60 with the receiver, USB adapter, and cables. I bought really short cables because everything is right there in the armrest.
    Good suggestions!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e90n52b30 Click here to enlarge

Beat me to it... But definitely the cheapest and easiest option between the two!

Check it out

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...A172A11438.htm
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge