Close

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 578

Thread: General Chat

  1. #376
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,858
    Rep Points
    31,808.3
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cyberkaa Click here to enlarge
    Tim is caught in the middle of all of this squeaking. What would you do differently in his situation?
    Let the users rep settle it...

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    112.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    What happens if one user just looks up the other's posts and negatively reps all of them?
    For Sale:
    4x BBS RC 332 18x8.5 ET40 5x120 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $2000 set
    4x BBS RC 333 17x7 ET42 4x114.3 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $1600 set
    3x BBS RG-R 772 17x9 ET42 5x120 Bright Silver - brand new in box - $800 each

    Click here to enlarge

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,858
    Rep Points
    31,808.3
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mkodama Click here to enlarge
    What happens if one user just looks up the other's posts and negatively reps all of them?
    You can't. You need to spread the love.

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,063
    Rep Points
    2,784.8
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    ^ This

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    195
    Rep Points
    73.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mkodama Click here to enlarge
    Someone who posts regularly in that thread would be the indigenous and the person who rarely posts would be the invader. It's especially emphasized by who the creator of the thread is, or if it's region specific and the invader is posting in a region outside of theirs.
    T4rh4, for example, rarely posts and he's from a different timezone. Is he still an invader? How about Tobeh, who rarely posts anymore and no longer resides in the region. I don't think NGC people would classify them as such (unless trolling, lol). It comes down to more how much people know and accept that person in their little clique, which isn't always easy for an admin to identify immediately.
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)
    Click here to enlarge
    M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings


  6. #381
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    195
    Rep Points
    73.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mkodama Click here to enlarge
    how
    now
    brown
    cow
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)
    Click here to enlarge
    M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings


  7. #382
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    195
    Rep Points
    73.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mkodama Click here to enlarge
    Hmm, that is interesting how "how" becomes has. My fingers must have them mixed up.
    Brain fart. My fingers keep shortening "meme" to "mem" because I use the latter so much more frequently.
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)
    Click here to enlarge
    M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings


  8. #383
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    195
    Rep Points
    73.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Neg rep coming your way... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)
    Click here to enlarge
    M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings


  9. #384
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    112.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cyberkaa Click here to enlarge
    T4rh4, for example, rarely posts and he's from a different timezone. Is he still an invader? How about Tobeh, who rarely posts anymore and no longer resides in the region. I don't think NGC people would classify them as such (unless trolling, lol). It comes down to more how much people know and accept that person in their little clique, which isn't always easy for an admin to identify immediately.
    There is only a problem if there is a fight where someone starts reporting the other. I think it's been pretty obvious so far.
    For Sale:
    4x BBS RC 332 18x8.5 ET40 5x120 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $2000 set
    4x BBS RC 333 17x7 ET42 4x114.3 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $1600 set
    3x BBS RG-R 772 17x9 ET42 5x120 Bright Silver - brand new in box - $800 each

    Click here to enlarge

  10. #385
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    112.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cyberkaa Click here to enlarge
    Brain fart. My fingers keep shortening "meme" to "mem" because I use the latter so much more frequently.
    code or language for something?
    For Sale:
    4x BBS RC 332 18x8.5 ET40 5x120 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $2000 set
    4x BBS RC 333 17x7 ET42 4x114.3 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $1600 set
    3x BBS RG-R 772 17x9 ET42 5x120 Bright Silver - brand new in box - $800 each

    Click here to enlarge

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    195
    Rep Points
    73.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Let the users rep settle it...
    How would that work when the user has a lot of groupies, misinformed though they may be?
    I'm asking because I don't have much experience with the rep system and am genuinely curious how it would play out. Would be an interesting social experiment.
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)
    Click here to enlarge
    M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings


  12. #387
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    195
    Rep Points
    73.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mkodama Click here to enlarge
    There is only a problem if there is a fight where someone starts reporting the other. I think it's been pretty obvious so far.
    I knew you'd say that, lol. But again, keep objectivity in mind.
    Assume that given the right circumstances, an e-fight can happen at any moment between anyone.
    I'm not trying to argue for or against anything in particular. Just consider it a thought exercise. These questions keep me up at night, lol.
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)
    Click here to enlarge
    M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings


  13. #388
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    195
    Rep Points
    73.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mkodama Click here to enlarge
    code or language for something?
    Short for "memory." I work on memory traffic all day, every day.
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)
    Click here to enlarge
    M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings


  14. #389
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    112.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cyberkaa Click here to enlarge
    How would that work when the user has a lot of groupies, misinformed though they may be?
    I'm asking because I don't have much experience with the rep system and am genuinely curious how it would play out. Would be an interesting social experiment.
    Yeah... I'm curious how I would fair. I like to think the vast majority of people I've come across on the forum and real life think "mostly good" of me, especially the longtime members, but I also know there are a lot more animated new people who I brushed them the wrong way, and I think those animated new members are much more likely to rep people than the majority of members.

    Kinda like how it's usually the unhappy people that give reviews of a product, and most of the happy or satisfied people don't ever make a review.
    For Sale:
    4x BBS RC 332 18x8.5 ET40 5x120 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $2000 set
    4x BBS RC 333 17x7 ET42 4x114.3 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $1600 set
    3x BBS RG-R 772 17x9 ET42 5x120 Bright Silver - brand new in box - $800 each

    Click here to enlarge

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,858
    Rep Points
    31,808.3
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cyberkaa Click here to enlarge
    How would that work when the user has a lot of groupies, misinformed though they may be?
    Because powerful users here are the users who should have power?

    Not based on sucking moderator cock.

  16. #391
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    112.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cyberkaa Click here to enlarge
    I knew you'd say that, lol. But again, keep objectivity in mind.
    Assume that given the right circumstances, an e-fight can happen at any moment between anyone.
    I'm not trying to argue for or against anything in particular. Just consider it a thought exercise. These questions keep me up at night, lol.
    It's a bit hard to think about it when it comes to me and mango, since we usually mind our own business, and the problems only arise when one responds to the other. More so him responding to my stuff lately.

    In most cases, I think it's simply a matter of deleting posts, and giving both people a warning. If there are any serious things like death threats, racism, sexism, and things that are more serious than funny, going straight to points is reasonable. If there are repeat offenses on the same topic within a short period of time, whatever that may be, then points or more points are a followup, and third strike should be enough points to get a few day ban to sit in the corner and think about what they've done.
    For Sale:
    4x BBS RC 332 18x8.5 ET40 5x120 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $2000 set
    4x BBS RC 333 17x7 ET42 4x114.3 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $1600 set
    3x BBS RG-R 772 17x9 ET42 5x120 Bright Silver - brand new in box - $800 each

    Click here to enlarge

  17. #392
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    112.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Because powerful users here are the users who should have power?

    Not based on sucking moderator cock.
    I think that powerful user thing gets really tricky. For example, the crazy cat lady, E46Mango, and myself are all pretty much powerful users on E46Fanatics. We've all managed to get stuff on the front page of the site, and all have made threads with a couple thousands, possibly couple of tens of thousands of views. The drama comes from one of us being crazy, one of us being a totalitarian, and one of use is a troll.

    It would be like a battle of the gods...Click here to enlarge
    For Sale:
    4x BBS RC 332 18x8.5 ET40 5x120 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $2000 set
    4x BBS RC 333 17x7 ET42 4x114.3 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $1600 set
    3x BBS RG-R 772 17x9 ET42 5x120 Bright Silver - brand new in box - $800 each

    Click here to enlarge

  18. #393
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    195
    Rep Points
    73.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mkodama Click here to enlarge
    Yeah... I'm curious how I would fair. I like to think the vast majority of people I've come across on the forum and real life think "mostly good" of me, especially the longtime members, but I also know there are a lot more animated new people who I brushed them the wrong way, and I think those animated new members are much more likely to rep people than the majority of members.

    Kinda like how it's usually the unhappy people that give reviews of a product, and most of the happy or satisfied people don't ever make a review.
    Very good points.

    It would force some people to please the crowd so they could earn rep. Makes the forum a friendlier place, maybe.
    At the same time, it would quash sometimes abrasive posters who otherwise post good info. Is that justified?
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)
    Click here to enlarge
    M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings


  19. #394
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    195
    Rep Points
    73.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Because powerful users here are the users who should have power?

    Not based on sucking moderator cock.
    Has nothing to do with mods.

    Only talking about users gaining power through rep, i.e. the ones who others saw fit to have power, but were misinformed. (Just realized this is beginning to sound like the presidential elections, lol).
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)
    Click here to enlarge
    M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings


  20. #395
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    195
    Rep Points
    73.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mkodama Click here to enlarge
    I think that powerful user thing gets really tricky. For example, the crazy cat lady, E46Mango, and myself are all pretty much powerful users on E46Fanatics. We've all managed to get stuff on the front page of the site, and all have made threads with a couple thousands, possibly couple of tens of thousands of views. The drama comes from one of us being crazy, one of us being a totalitarian, and one of use is a troll.

    It would be like a battle of the gods...Click here to enlarge
    Without necessarily agreeing to your classification, yes, a scenario like that would be interesting, LOL.
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)
    Click here to enlarge
    M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings


  21. #396
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    195
    Rep Points
    73.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mkodama Click here to enlarge
    It's a bit hard to think about it when it comes to me and mango, since we usually mind our own business, and the problems only arise when one responds to the other. More so him responding to my stuff lately.

    In most cases, I think it's simply a matter of deleting posts, and giving both people a warning. If there are any serious things like death threats, racism, sexism, and things that are more serious than funny, going straight to points is reasonable. If there are repeat offenses on the same topic within a short period of time, whatever that may be, then points or more points are a followup, and third strike should be enough points to get a few day ban to sit in the corner and think about what they've done.
    Sounds reasonable.

    So taking a step back, if poster A says something disagreeable about poster B in a thread that poster A frequents and poster B usually doesn't, then poster B should stay out. If he decides to respond and report poster A, then what?
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)
    Click here to enlarge
    M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings


  22. #397
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    112.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cyberkaa Click here to enlarge
    Has nothing to do with mods.

    Only talking about users gaining power through rep, i.e. the ones who others saw fit to have power, but were misinformed. (Just realized this is beginning to sound like the presidential elections, lol).
    Well, I think the 100 points to rep other people has a big affect on that. Most of the people I would think would give crazy cat lady and totalitarian fruit points are usually the new people that just joined.
    For Sale:
    4x BBS RC 332 18x8.5 ET40 5x120 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $2000 set
    4x BBS RC 333 17x7 ET42 4x114.3 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $1600 set
    3x BBS RG-R 772 17x9 ET42 5x120 Bright Silver - brand new in box - $800 each

    Click here to enlarge

  23. #398
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    112.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cyberkaa Click here to enlarge
    Sounds reasonable.

    So taking a step back, if poster A says something disagreeable about poster B in a thread that poster A frequents and poster B usually doesn't, then poster B should stay out. If he decides to respond and report poster A, then what?
    I think still going by that standard procedure I wrote is reasonable to me, but the moderator suggesting or telling Poster B to not post there anymore would probably and active way of preventing a second occurrence.
    For Sale:
    4x BBS RC 332 18x8.5 ET40 5x120 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $2000 set
    4x BBS RC 333 17x7 ET42 4x114.3 Brilliant Silver - brand new in box - $1600 set
    3x BBS RG-R 772 17x9 ET42 5x120 Bright Silver - brand new in box - $800 each

    Click here to enlarge

  24. #399
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    195
    Rep Points
    73.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mkodama Click here to enlarge
    Well, I think the 100 points to rep other people has a big affect on that. Most of the people I would think would give crazy cat lady and totalitarian fruit points are usually the new people that just joined.
    Yeah, that's a good check on blatant abuse.
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)
    Click here to enlarge
    M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings


  25. #400
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    195
    Rep Points
    73.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mkodama Click here to enlarge
    I think still going by that standard procedure I wrote is reasonable to me, but the moderator suggesting or telling Poster B to not post there anymore would probably and active way of preventing a second occurrence.
    It's still a bit tenuous, IMHO. I still think there's some element of undue burden on the mod to figure out who belongs there and who doesn't.
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)
    Click here to enlarge
    M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings


Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •