Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: - No Fly Zone - California private airstrip roll on race event March 2nd, 2013 presented by the GermanBoost.com German Performance Car Forum Network

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

@Amerkin

Would also like to run your Z06...let me know if you would be down for a run Click here to enlarge
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

2. #ADS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I was thinking of having a meal Friday night at hungry hunter. Centralized enough for everyone and good food. There somewhat of a back room with multiple tables that we could try to lock down.

Let me know if that works.
    Last edited by FlyingGuy; 02-22-2013 at 04:21 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LMAO Unicorn will be alive someday!!!!! @kkashanchi you might have a GTR before its done tho
    hahaha we'll see

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FlyingGuy Click here to enlarge
    I was thinking of having a meal Friday night at hungry hunter. Centralized enough for everyone and good food. There somewhat of a back room with multiple tables that we could try to lock down.

Let me know if that works.
    Seems ok but they have no wine list I see on their website and from the video that is not a wine selection I would call "unparalleled" personally:

Still, you know the area better than I do. This is definitely an option and that prime rib sure looks tasty.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Just my suggestion. We can group enough people around without it being too formal, and not too honky-tonk either like some of the steakhouses etc. and for those that will be heading out to the club with KeiKei afterward, it's fairly close to the strip clubs.

For myself, I'm just down for meeting new peeps, having a steak and a scotch and getting ready for an early day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tony, I'm good with that too. Count me in for 2 seats.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Count me in for what ever as well. I'll be with another 2 people as well.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

forecast is showing a nice mostly cool day, 0% chance precipitation, and 1mph winds. Of course that could change, but it looks good. ALSO, sunrise is shown as approx 6:40 AM and sunset at 5:45 PM approx. So we may not have as much daylight lingering around very late, which means an earlier start the better! Get as many runs during daylight as possible. We will have the gate open at 6AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks for putting this together Tony, looking forward to it. I, for one, would be willing to pony up a little extra dough to get a trap setup out there and it sounds like others might as well. Either way, it'll be an awesome event.

For dinner you might try an impromptu parking lot "show" - something with a big lot. We've done In-N-Out and places like that in the past. Most people wanna hang around the cars, talk shop and grab a quick bite. You might consider BJ's Brewery - huge lot, decent bar and wide selection. Count us (Some Norcal Vette guys) in for whatever, there'll be 7-8 of us and our trailer queens.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)

What is the parking situation at the Padre? My rig is about 60ft long.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Person I spoke to at the hotel said they offer valet and use a parking structure adjacent to the hotel. Not sure how secure that parking structure is, or if it will be able to accommodate something that long.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ProjectWJ Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for putting this together Tony, looking forward to it. I, for one, would be willing to pony up a little extra dough to get a trap setup out there and it sounds like others might as well. Either way, it'll be an awesome event.

For dinner you might try an impromptu parking lot "show" - something with a big lot. We've done In-N-Out and places like that in the past. Most people wanna hang around the cars, talk shop and grab a quick bite. You might consider BJ's Brewery - huge lot, decent bar and wide selection. Count us (Some Norcal Vette guys) in for whatever, there'll be 7-8 of us and our trailer queens.
    Sounds good. I know some will want to huddle around cars, while others are actually looking forward to a decent (Bakersfield) meal. *PICTURE* The parking area around Hungry Hunter is mostly limited, as shown by arrows. Except to the west, where the CostCo parking lot is (boxed area). There is a nifty little pedestrian walkway to the restaurant from the boxed area. Best of both worlds possibly. Decent food, then decent area to group together without worrying about ricer-friday showing up.

Also, are you guys and your Vettes all signed up? I think I have a couple from NorCal, but certainly not 7-8. Hit me up...

Click here to enlarge

Parking will be somewhat limited, as it is in basically the heart of Downtown and the parking structures may not quite accommodate . Also, I would not want XXX-amount of gear sitting outside of the Padre overnight on a Friday. Padre is listed as one of the nicer hotels, True. This also attracts the party scene to the inner bar. Not to mention, again, its downtown. Just my $.2 from a local.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Person I spoke to at the hotel said they offer valet and use a parking structure adjacent to the hotel. Not sure how secure that parking structure is, or if it will be able to accommodate something that long.
    ...well I am used to hearing that my length is difficult to accommodate.

Are you headed down to Weistec today? Get down there and get it done, no excuses!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)

I know for a fact the titty bar can accommodate my rig....I was there two weeks ago after the Famoso event Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)

Sounds good. I know some will want to huddle around cars, while others are actually looking forward to a decent (Bakersfield) meal. *PICTURE* The parking area around Hungry Hunter is mostly limited, as shown by arrows. Except to the west, where the CostCo parking lot is (boxed area). There is a nifty little pedestrian walkway to the restaurant from the boxed area. Best of both worlds possibly. Decent food, then decent area to group together without worrying about ricer-friday showing up.

Also, are you guys and your Vettes all signed up? I think I have a couple from NorCal, but certainly not 7-8. Hit me up...

Click here to enlarge

Parking will be somewhat limited, as it is in basically the heart of Downtown and the parking structures may not quite accommodate . Also, I would not want XXX-amount of gear sitting outside of the Padre overnight on a Friday. Padre is listed as one of the nicer hotels, True. This also attracts the party scene to the inner bar. Not to mention, again, its downtown. Just my $.2 from a local.
    looks like I will be staying at one of the hotel chain dumps off the expressway.

Thanks for the info.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Are you headed down to Weistec today? Get down there and get it done, no excuses!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more beer cans please!!!!!

Headed down there in a few then dropping off for ceramic coating - thanks man!!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more beer cans please!!!!!

Headed down there in a few then dropping off for ceramic coating - thanks man!!!!!!
    Can they get them coated, mids made and installed by Friday? I also assume you will have them throw on a new tune?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Can they get them coated, mids made and installed by Friday? I also assume you will have them throw on a new tune?
    I can already tell that they are way too busy to fit my little project in by next week, so I'm picking them up today and dropping them off to be coated by someone in LA. They'll be done Monday afternoon and then I have someone here locally who will do the install. Haven't decided how the mid section is going to work yet - hoping Weistec has something like an X section that I can pick up today - if not I'll just have one made and then reduce pipe diameter where it meets the OEM pipes near the rear end. Open to any suggestion you have and I was hoping to speak to Steve as well to see what he recommends. Thanks again man - very cool of you, Jim, can't say thank you enough. And like I said, drinks and lap dances are on me Click here to enlarge

And for those of you who are wondering what we're talking about....Jim took his Evosport headers off his CLK and they were just laying in a heap at Weistec. I asked him what he was going to do with them and to my surprise he GAVE them to me. That's right, GAVE them to me. So big props to Jim for not only being very generous, but also a stand up enthusiast. Thanks again buddy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    @Amerkin

Would also like to run your Z06...let me know if you would be down for a run Click here to enlarge
    I'm down for a run. You have a 335i making how much power?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Three Vettes (ZR1, Z06 & stock C6) plus crew, meant 7-8 people (should be pay (paypal) for crew members in advance?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Dude are you kidding me ??? I've held off commenting on your build for a ling time bro, but this $#@! is getting ridiculous man. If and when that $#@!er is ever done it better be able to break the $#@!ing sound barrier with the amount if time they've had it. I could launch a $#@!ing monkey into orbit and bring back a human in the same amount of time you've been working on that fart can Click here to enlarge

On a different note, I'll be headed down to Weistec tomorrow for a few things - I know you wanted a stock Black Series for comparison against other cars but I'm sorry to disappoint, I won't be bringing a stock Black Series Click here to enlarge
    I'm bringing a new, stock 2013 C63 P31 car to the event, so that should be fairly representative of how a stock Black Series would have performed.
    2013 C63 AMG w/ P31
    Stock

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ProjectWJ Click here to enlarge
    Three Vettes (ZR1, Z06 & stock C6) plus crew, meant 7-8 people (should be pay (paypal) for crew members in advance?
    You can do that. Quite a few others have. Shoot me an email

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

"that's what she said"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Just my suggestion. We can group enough people around without it being too formal, and not too honky-tonk either like some of the steakhouses etc. and for those that will be heading out to the club with KeiKei afterward, it's fairly close to the strip clubs.

For myself, I'm just down for meeting new peeps, having a steak and a scotch and getting ready for an early day.
    Ok let's do it and get that back room. Let's aim for 7 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

@LZH

Ok guys, just booked my suite at the Padre Click here to enlarge

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast