Close

Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    i am very competetive, that's why I do not like this format. Like I said earlier I like black and white, I want a way to be able to measure a clear and decisive victory/loss. Just watching your vid proves my point.
    I really don't think it's going to be too hard to figure out who is faster in a half mile.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I would say there is always a clear winner, and any disputes can be run -back if its really that close. does this offer a better view of how it goes down?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

i am very competetive, that's why I do not like this format. Like I said earlier I like black and white, I want a way to be able to measure a clear and decisive victory/loss. Just watching your vid proves my point.
    I agree, it's not an exact science. If you want real numbers go to a 1/4 mile track. But I've been to a couple of these now and it's a lot of fun despite all the bull$#@! about who started first and who was pulling on who and by how much.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Setting up a high HP RWD car for a roll-on event takes some thought. It doesn't require DRs/slicks but some people use them. Some people like to run their car full weight with street tires and I can tell you those people have to work hard to lay down traction effectively on the initial hit. It takes a burnout, easing in to the throttle and perhaps may require some integration of electronic nannies to prevent what otherwise could be massive initial wheelspin (and an aborted run).

There's very visible cones for the initial hit and everyone (usually) coordinates an approx roll-on speed prior to the run so the start isn't as problematic as the lack of traction usually is. Yet, sometimes people who are new to this go early (or late) but everyone has cameras and people know what happened.

In the end it's as competative as you make it. Yes everyone wants to win but a lot of people just do it for fun and are car enthusiast and like these events. Case in point, I'll run you in my full weight daily driver M3 (which is also down ~ 200hp from you) and I'll even take your 5:1 bet on $100 to show you that (insofar as you are running full weight and street tires like me) it will be closer than you think. Do I think I will win? Highly likely that I will not but it will be worth losing $100 if I can at least keep it close to Stage 3 Weistec C. To me, that would be fun.
    Track/Airstrip: 2013 BMW M3 DCT - 567 rwhp uncorrected
    Beater: 2013 WRX STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I agree, it's not an exact science. If you want real numbers go to a 1/4 mile track. But I've been to a couple of these now and it's a lot of fun despite all the bull$#@! about who started first and who was pulling on who and by how much.
    I am sure it will be fun, I am still planning on attending, just not sure I will be running the big motor car. My goal with the big motor car is mid 9 second passes, I would hate to break something or wreck it in an event that is nothing more than glorified Mexico runs.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    No excuses! Flag the half mile from a dig! Lol...

I understand jrcarts thought process on this subject, it's not like he's not coming.
    just alot of prep for something, then have to turn around and do it all over again.. When it's not the actual way you had planned on showcasing your car. I guess his measley 800hp C63 BS will just have to make do!

On the flip side you have me with a commercial drivers license with a hazmat endorsement, who the local PD would literally stone to death in view of the public for an exhibition of speed! So when things like this come around I'm fully prepared to hitchhike my way down there and rent an aveo to participate.
    Vortech V2 T-trim 15 psi, forged 347,stock heads, blower cam, shorties, B&B bullets.. Tranzilla with ZR1 ratios waiting for install

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ee
    Actually more of a road race guy to be honest. I love to race, I race anything and everything, I will race $#@!ing scooters and crash one trying to win, just not sure how this can be called a race....are we gonna leave on the third honk of the horn??? lol
    ....how this can be called a race?? Have you ever street raced from a dig? For someone who loves to race and claims he'll race anything, you remind me more of the people who would show up to race with their trailered car that seemed to be welded to the trailer, giving every excuse not to. With all due respect to you and your car's big HP (and unfortunately I don't have the vehicle to adequately challenge it), your description of what would definitively define a winner is not a race, but more akin to qualifying for a race. A race is simply competition against another person, not a clock or verified speed. If you don't like how the start went down, don't go, abort the run. And cheaters? The one and only rule of street racing is "Chase is a race". As was said, there will be cameras and the bs will get settled. I totally understand your reluctance to prep your higher HP car for this event. But I'll be honest with you, if I had the vehicle to compete with yours, from what I've read, I don't think I'd want the drama. But hey, I'm usually open to race anyone with mediation. :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Amerkin Click here to enlarge
    ee

....how this can be called a race?? Have you ever street raced from a dig? For someone who loves to race and claims he'll race anything, you remind me more of the people who would show up to race with their trailered car that seemed to be welded to the trailer, giving every excuse not to. With all due respect to you and your car's big HP (and unfortunately I don't have the vehicle to adequately challenge it), your description of what would definitively define a winner is not a race, but more akin to qualifying for a race. A race is simply competition against another person, not a clock or verified speed. If you don't like how the start went down, don't go, abort the run. And cheaters? The one and only rule of street racing is "Chase is a race". As was said, there will be cameras and the bs will get settled. I totally understand your reluctance to prep your higher HP car for this event. But I'll be honest with you, if I had the vehicle to compete with yours, from what I've read, I don't think I'd want the drama. But hey, I'm usually open to race anyone with mediation. :-)
    ....Ok, I will bite, you want to talk street races do you? There is a prize when I street race. So are you hinting at a money race? If not then STFU, you have been on this board for a damn week, anyone on this site or any other MB/AMG forum can tell you my cars are not $#@!ing trailer queens. I have put in more miles on race tracks in my life than you could ever dream of. Name your wager, I am all ears at this point.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

....Ok, I will bite, you want to talk street races do you? There is a prize when I street race. So are you hinting at a money race? If not then STFU, you have been on this board for a damn week, anyone on this site or any other MB/AMG forum can tell you my cars are not $#@!ing trailer queens. I have put in more miles on race tracks in my life than you could ever dream of. Name your wager, I am all ears at this point.
    I'll challenge you to a foot race! lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Some news for the day. It's unfortunate, but not world ending. We had originally planned to have and provide an open grill meal for everyone. Burgers, dogs etc... we ran into some issues, one of which includes liability with the insurance etc. So I apologize for that.

We have already sourced a lunch truck vendor. Not the route i wanted to go, but it will also broaden the menu available for everyone. He will be on site from about 9am until about 4pm, and the menu will include most basics; hotdogs, burgers, tacos, tamales, sno-cones, churros. He is a local guy and they make all food fresh the day of. At this time, he is a cash only vendor so bring a few bucks.

We were always going to make sure there was food options there, just bummed we couldn't do our big grill idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FlyingGuy Click here to enlarge
    Some news for the day. It's unfortunate, but not world ending. We had originally planned to have and provide an open grill meal for everyone. Burgers, dogs etc... we ran into some issues, one of which includes liability with the insurance etc. So I apologize for that.

We have already sourced a lunch truck vendor. Not the route i wanted to go, but it will also broaden the menu available for everyone. He will be on site from about 9am until about 4pm, and the menu will include most basics; hotdogs, burgers, tacos, tamales, sno-cones, churros. He is a local guy and they make all food fresh the day of. At this time, he is a cash only vendor so bring a few bucks.

We were always going to make sure there was food options there, just bummed we couldn't do our big grill idea.
    I feel your pain, insurance and adding another vendor is some BS..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by keikdasneak Click here to enlarge
    I'll challenge you to a foot race! lol
    50 yard dash? How much?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

50 yard dash? How much?
    Are you giving 5 to 1 odds on this, as well?

I want to see some GoPro foot race footage. $50 races! Go!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

ee

You obviously haven't done your research cause of anyone I know, Jim runs his cars....alot and they are far from being welded to the trailer. He was even nice enough to let me drive his CLK BS when he trailered it from Chicago to Willow Springs. He literally tossed me the keys and said "have fun" knowing that I know my way around Willow pretty well. So, you are way off base with the above comments.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    You obviously haven't done your research cause of anyone I know, Jim runs his cars....alot and they are far from being welded to the trailer. He was even nice enough to let me drive his CLK BS when he trailered it from Chicago to Willow Springs. He literally tossed me the keys and said "have fun" knowing that I know my way around Willow pretty well. So, you are way off base with the above comments.
    Pretty sure he was just trying to troll :p
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Whoa, I guess I touched a nerve with the trailer reference what with the cursing and all. I'm sorry if I upset the peace, but I along with probably most everyone on this thread was disappointed that you were not bringing the big gun out. (And honestly I was tired of your reasons for not bringing it relating to your assumption of what this event was going to be.) But first before we get into the street race aspect of this conversation, you do assume to know of my experience based on yours, and you very well could be right. The only thing I'll say is I would place a wager on me being the oldest participant at this event, and you can draw your own conclusions. So, since I was told to stfu unless I was hinting at a money race,( which I actually wasn't, but you did mention earlier about 5 to 1 odds) considering my stock '08 ZO6 has half the HP of your CLK, we go from either a standing start or maybe a 25mph roll and you give me 1320ft. We race for $100 and you give me 5 to 1?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Pretty sure he was just trying to troll :p
    I'm in the event, '08 ZO6.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Thanks Luke, yes I let you drive it adn if I recall you drove the wheels off of it. if I recall I think I let 4 other people beat the $#@! out of it on the track and when it broke and blew a belt and water pump I was not even the guy at the wheel. My cars are nothing more than toys that I beat the snot out of.

My only concerns for running the CLK at this event is if I do break something I will not really car other than the fact that I have several other VERY IMPORTANT events planned right after this event. My goal is still 9 second passes and although bragging rights in a roll on would be nice the fact that they are not controlled or times runs bums the $#@! out of me. The car will be in my trailer, if I get a wild hair up my ass maybe I will run it once or twice but I am not going to risk breaking it or crashing it for this kind of event. i will gladly run the C BS there all day and all night, I do not have any other plans for that car so if it breaks oh well.....The CLK breaks and I am pissed
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Thanks Luke, yes I let you drive it adn if I recall you drove the wheels off of it. if I recall I think I let 4 other people beat the $#@! out of it on the track and when it broke and blew a belt and water pump I was not even the guy at the wheel. My cars are nothing more than toys that I beat the snot out of.

My only concerns for running the CLK at this event is if I do break something I will not really car other than the fact that I have several other VERY IMPORTANT events planned right after this event. My goal is still 9 second passes and although bragging rights in a roll on would be nice the fact that they are not controlled or times runs bums the $#@! out of me. The car will be in my trailer, if I get a wild hair up my ass maybe I will run it once or twice but I am not going to risk breaking it or crashing it for this kind of event. i will gladly run the C BS there all day and all night, I do not have any other plans for that car so if it breaks oh well.....The CLK breaks and I am pissed
    I think most people will now understand why you don't want to run the CLK. Earlier they thought it was just due to the fact that there wasn't going to be trap speeds or timers. But now that you explained it's because you have other events that require a different type of car prep, it makes a lot more sense.

800 hp C BS isn't anything to scoff at anyways.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Geez, you guys are way to sensitive. I simply said by his comments it reminded me of people who had to have it "just right" for them to race. That's all (and see my response to Jim, I was hopefully going to prompt him sufficiently to bring the 1000hp car out). I'm sure he's a great guy and all. I mean no disrespect, just looking to have fun racing legally.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yeah it was little tough running that CLK at Willow and not being able to move the seat - at all LOL.
    Hey, you're reasons for running or not running the big boy at this event are you own...who gives a $#@! what anyone else says. I totally understand where your coming from given how much time, money and effort you put into these cars.
    Now call steve and find out where my headers are dammit ! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Whoa, I guess I touched a nerve with the trailer reference what with the cursing and all. I'm sorry if I upset the peace, but I along with probably most everyone on this thread was disappointed that you were not bringing the big gun out. (And honestly I was tired of your reasons for not bringing it relating to your assumption of what this event was going to be.) But first before we get into the street race aspect of this conversation, you do assume to know of my experience based on yours, and you very well could be right. The only thing I'll say is I would place a wager on me being the oldest participant at this event, and you can draw your own conclusions. So, since I was told to stfu unless I was hinting at a money race,( which I actually wasn't, but you did mention earlier about 5 to 1 odds) considering my stock '08 ZO6 has half the HP of your CLK, we go from either a standing start or maybe a 25mph roll and you give me 1320ft. We race for $100 and you give me 5 to 1?
    Ya, sure I will give you a 1320ft start in a 2640ft race.....????? WTF? You're not even being logical man, let me know when you are serious and we can negotiate a money race, and let's make it for more than $100, the fuel I run in my car will probably cost me close to $100 for a single pass lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Geez, you guys are way to sensitive. I simply said by his comments it reminded me of people who had to have it "just right" for them to race. That's all (and see my response to Jim, I was hopefully going to prompt him sufficiently to bring the 1000hp car out). I'm sure he's a great guy and all. I mean no disrespect, just looking to have fun racing legally.
    Not being sensitive about it at all, your reference was just way off base and I was simply pointing that out. This will be a fun event and I'm sure we'll all have a great time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Ya, sure I will give you a 1320ft start in a 2640ft race.....????? WTF? You're not even being logical man, let me know when you are serious and we can negotiate a money race, and let's make it for more than $100, the fuel I run in my car will probably cost me close to $100 for a single pass lol
    Actually, I think I was being logical, as I asked a friend to do the math with of course some assumptions. We think I actually need about 1032ft, with my car doing about 127-8mph in a 1/4mi. We are assuming your car should do well over 200mph in the mile with the power it has, and we just backed down to a 1/2mi., and we think that should make it close. We can meet at the dinner Friday before the race and talk about it or I'll see you at the event. It's all good fun, and seriously I had no intent of offending. Hopefully we can work something out as I'd really like to see the CLK run.

Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast