Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Alpine White E92; Cleaned

Cleaned the pollen off my car today and snapped up a few pics. I also wanted to showcase a few products that i have really grown to love, and their results.

First up, Finish Kare 425. I use this as a quick detailer; wash the car, spray it on and wipe it off as 'im drying the car. Leaves a gorgeous finish with reflections for days. My appreciation for this product grows every time i use it.

http://www.amazon.com/128oz-Finish-Kare-Extra-Slick/dp/B002QA7OOM

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I've also notice the water spots on the matte black pieces like the mirror base and wiper arms. Mothers Back to Black has worked great for me, the results speak for themselves...

http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-06108-...+back+to+black

Click here to enlarge

Before

Click here to enlarge

After

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I just picked up this scent, LEATHER! Smart wax is a sister company to Chemical Guys, great products. It really does smell amazing, and lasts quite awhile. I spray it on the carpets and under the seats. A few shots of the interior as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Smartwax-80201.../dp/B0030GDM2E

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

And last but not least, Mothers Billet wheel Poish. This stuff is amazing, i was having a really tough time getting a mirror polish after refinishing the lip of my wheels. This stuff is head and shoulder better than the two products i was using before.

http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-05106-...t+metal+polish

Click here to enlarge

Cant wait to have them back on my car.

Click here to enlarge

A few shots of my new rear, M Sport + 335is Diffusor.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Thanks for looking, let me know if you have any questions.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That back to black stuff.....does it run when it gets wet? I assume it only lasts till the car needs washing again? Kinda like tire shine?

Thanks for posting, the car looks great and your making me anxious for spring...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    That back to black stuff.....does it run when it gets wet? I assume it only lasts till the car needs washing again? Kinda like tire shine?

Thanks for posting, the car looks great and your making me anxious for spring...
    Thanks for the kind words. Click here to enlarge I haven't had any issues with it running. You apply it with a terry or microfiber towel and let it dry for a few minutes, and then buff it off. Leaves a nice matte black finish that's dry to the touch and not oily or greasy. It usually last a few weeks before needing another application, definitely not permanent.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Love the diffuser, i just got carbon tips from cyba and i have a carbon m3 spoiler, i was up in the air between the oem is diffuser and a CF diffuser but i prefer the matte look... is that sprayed with a matte clear or is that plastidip? I hate on plastidip but i did my stock valence in it months ago and it looks OEM flat black, im surprised and Ive went through car washes several times. But you made my mind up on going matte black OEM diffuser.

and your car looks outstanding... just like my Msport... with wheels on must look mint
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @ChuckD05 ,Thanks buddy. It looks so awkward to me with the stock wheels, im itching to get the 19's back on. Post some shots of the tips when you get them installed, that with the m3 spoiler should look sick! I'm curious how the tips will look when installed too, i've been eyeballing them to replace my boring PE tips.

I had them spray all the diffusor parts in satin black when they were painting the bumper, it looks entirely oem. I bet plastidip would look fine, i sprayed one of my wheels with it while experimenting with different color options - i was honestly really impressed with how good it looked and how easy it came off when i removed it.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So that is how you eliminate water spots on the black pieces... Click here to enlarge

Good to know, good thread!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So that is how you eliminate water spots on the black pieces... Click here to enlarge

Good to know, good thread!
    Whenever i get a free weekend to do my FULL detail and paint correction, i will be buffing the mirrors out and using 303 Aerospace protectant and some sealant on them. Hopefully that will prevent them from going back dull and getting water spots in the future. Just too much work to pull the buffer out for the mirrors only.

In the meantime the back to black fills the void nicely. Plus for only a few bucks for a bottle that will probably last the next few years - its like a sore dick.. you cant beat it.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car looks great man. I might have to pick up some of that shine...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    @ChuckD05 ,Thanks buddy. It looks so awkward to me with the stock wheels, im itching to get the 19's back on. Post some shots of the tips when you get them installed, that with the m3 spoiler should look sick! I'm curious how the tips will look when installed too, i've been eyeballing them to replace my boring PE tips.

I had them spray all the diffusor parts in satin black when they were painting the bumper, it looks entirely oem. I bet plastidip would look fine, i sprayed one of my wheels with it while experimenting with different color options - i was honestly really impressed with how good it looked and how easy it came off when i removed it.
    The tips are already on... if you PM me your phone number or give me a bit I will post them here... but they look great IMO
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    The tips are already on... if you PM me your phone number or give me a bit I will post them here... but they look great IMO
    Post 'em up man!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Good job,Car looks new again Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have to laugh because while your car was covered with pollen, mine is caked with salt. There won't be pollen here for three months. Regardless, your car looks great.

I've been using reverse osmosis/ deionized water from my aquarium filter setup to rinse the car after final rinsing with the hose. This removes the minerals present in tap water that cause water spots. I can let me car air dry after rinsing with RO/DI water and I get zero water spots. You can do the same with distilled water from the grocery store as it is also very soft (contains very low total dissolved solids, minerals). I apply the RO/DI water with a two gallon landscape sprayer, working from top to bottom. Two gallons does the entire car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I have to laugh because while your car was covered with pollen, mine is caked with salt. There won't be pollen here for three months. Regardless, your car looks great.

I've been using reverse osmosis/ deionized water from my aquarium filter setup to rinse the car after final rinsing with the hose. This removes the minerals present in tap water that cause water spots. I can let me car air dry after rinsing with RO/DI water and I get zero water spots. You can do the same with distilled water from the grocery store as it is also very soft (contains very low total dissolved solids, minerals). I apply the RO/DI water with a two gallon landscape sprayer, working from top to bottom. Two gallons does the entire car.
    The pollen here is crazy, i took some pics about 30 mins after it was washed and you could already begin to see the yellow haze accumulating again. I've been contemplating installing a water softener for many reasons, one being car washing. How much does your aquarium filter rig cost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    http://www.thefilterguys.biz/ro_di_systems.htm

I got the Ocean Wave+

I am not sure if a traditional water softener will achieve the same results as a de-ionizer because in a regular water softener, the dissolved solids (mainly calcium and magnesium) are exchanged with sodium. So instead of Ca and Mg, your water is full of Na. This is where de-ionizing comes into play. The DI resin in my filter setup actually reacts with the dissolved solids (the ions) and pulls them from your water. So you are left with water that contains no dissolved solids instead of exchanging some dissolved solids for others.

However, distilled water is just as effective. You can use a simple aquarium test kit (http://www.apifishcare.com/products/...x?productid=74) to check the hardness of the water, and I have found that both the water produced from my filter system and distilled water from the grocery store contains a level of hardness too low to measure. The plus is you can buy two gallons of distilled water from the store for less than $2, and there are zero other costs associated with the filter rig (replacement cartridges, storage tanks - though high density polyethylene garbage cans work great). Then again, it depends how ofter you wash the car.

Be aware that if you are storing water in a tank, even if it is ten gallons, you need to keep it aerated. RO/DI water that is not aerated turns slightly acidic. Aerated RO/DI water should have a pH of 7.0. Aquarium air pumps and air stones work well for this.

There is also a comparably large amount of water that gets wasted when using a filter system such as the only described above. You need to make sure that water is clean before running it through the DI resin, so you have to run it through a reverse osmosis membrane first. Before you do that, you should remove sediment and chlorine (or chloramine). That's why the filter has five stages. In the RO stage, only about a 1/4 of the water makes it through to the DI resin, the rest is wasted. You could collect this water, as it has been filtered and should be very clean if it came from a city source - great for drinking or cooking. However, special care has to be taken when storing this water because it doe not contain disinfectant (you removed the chlorine or chloramine). It should be aerated as well, and the storage tank will need cleaned periodically to prevent bacteria growth. The sediment and carbon filters do not remove bacteria or things they might eat. No bacteria will grow in the RO/DI tank because they have been removed from the water, and there is nothing for them to eat.

I have not experimented with a UV (240-280 nm) light source inside the storage tank for the wasted RO water (carbon and sediment filtered, but didn't make it through the RO membrane), but it should prevent growth, albeit with increased cost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great info man, thanks!Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice work

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you still like that back to black stuff? I'm going to order some now that my car will come out from the garage and it's spring in the northeast
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm definitely looking into that Finish Kare 425... looks great!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Do you still like that back to black stuff? I'm going to order some now that my car will come out from the garage and it's spring in the northeast
    I do! Still works great, just wish it was more permanent. Sorry for the delayed response, haven't been checking this thread. I'll be doing my annual BIG detail, so i'll make another thread soon showing all the products used and their results. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leousm Click here to enlarge
    I'm definitely looking into that Finish Kare 425... looks great!Click here to enlarge
    I can't give it enough praise, it honestly just works incredibly well. My car is more than overdue for some sealant/wax, and this is keeping water beading nicely still. Definitely a great maintenance item between sealant/wax applications.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks awesome man! great job

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks nice, like a brand new car Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @lulz_m3 How do you go about caring for the sideskirts? Both my AW cars (E88 and LCI E90) I do my best to keep clean, but obviously those sideskirts eat a lot of rode debris, tar, bugs, all that good stuff.

It's a tough spot to correct due to the location and contours in the piece. So i've been stuck with basic APCs and a few of the tar/bug removers I like. Clay has been a decent solution but I don't want to be claying them down too often, and there are stubborn deposits that will-not-budge. Results have been decidedly "meh" since day 1.

Thoughts?
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @135pats, i picked up some 4" buffing pads to help with accessibility and maneuverability. Outside of that, i don't focus on them too hard because i know they are going to get beat up; its a "best efforts" kind of thing for me.

You could also look into doing the 3M clear bra material along them to help protect things. I've had rocks kick up from the front wheels (especially when running sticky tires) that chips the paint away in the fender wheel.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OT but would you have more photos of your car with the mtec rear on stock style 189s? Curious to see that setup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast