Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I am a little worried about the air pressure system rudy. If you are running boost pressure as your pressure supply then you are risking possibly a boost leak or even some of the metered flow being lost in your meth system.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I am a little worried about the air pressure system rudy. If you are running boost pressure as your pressure supply then you are risking possibly a boost leak or even some of the metered flow being lost in your meth system.
    Are you speaking of metered air flow? I am no expert but because its a MAP setup this shouldn't really be an issue, or am I wrong?
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I m feeling the boost leak that is the tank filling. Its about as bad as a poor DV seal. I am going to reconfigure the setup with a pressure regulator at the engine which should improve the atomization by lowering fluid pressure. It should also reduce the amount of air going to the tank.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought the flow sensor was up to 1500cc/min and you are showing <1v (I assume from your graph)… how much volume are you targeting? The higher IAT going uphill and from the meth flow sensor, maybe its not flowing as expected.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    I thought the flow sensor was up to 1500cc/min and you are showing <1v (I assume from your graph)… how much volume are you targeting? The higher IAT going uphill and from the meth flow sensor, maybe its not flowing as expected.
    The original log shows half scale meth flow. Which should be between 600 and 750 ml min. I suspect the higher IAT is potentially from the water/meth condensing on the IC or from poor atomization? Those IATs would never happen no meth. The intercooler is very capable and will rise about 5 degrees on a pull from 2000-6500 in 3rd.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This isn't dead. I got new tires that were too large and rubbed, so the car has been in the shop getting the quarters pulled out to fit bigger tires. This means repainting both QPs as well. The aquamist sensor I had was a faulty unit. Jeff and Richard at aquamist helped me through the diagnosis. Took over 100 emails to figure it out, but they are sending me a new one. Long story short, cant trust the readings I was getting there. My tank pressure was also way too high so I got a pressure regulator now so that I can limit liquid pressure versus air pressure. This should keep me from dumping tons of liquid into the turbos (this likely happened, maybe I should boroscope too). Will update end of next week when parts come in and car comes back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    This isn't dead. I got new tires that were too large and rubbed, so the car has been in the shop getting the quarters pulled out to fit bigger tires. This means repainting both QPs as well. The aquamist sensor I had was a faulty unit. Jeff and Richard at aquamist helped me through the diagnosis. Took over 100 emails to figure it out, but they are sending me a new one. Long story short, cant trust the readings I was getting there. My tank pressure was also way too high so I got a pressure regulator now so that I can limit liquid pressure versus air pressure. This should keep me from dumping tons of liquid into the turbos (this likely happened, maybe I should boroscope too). Will update end of next week when parts come in and car comes back.
    updates?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car had to go to the body shop to get the fenders pulled, been dealing with some weird vibration at speed, last minute trip to Ultra Miami, and then some life changes. I hope to work on it this weekend though. I got the comps I need to do some benching. Hopefully I can get back into it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345